An Announcment from M*A*S*H

A rather delayed announcement however still an announcement The Mighty Armed States of Honor enacts Article VII: Withdrawal and Expulsion of the PEACE Econ Pact.

Member alliances are free to withdraw from the agreement at any time, provided they have given seventy-two (72) hours written notice to all other member alliances.

Any violation of Articles I, II, III, or IV of this agreement shall give the Poseidon alliances cause to expel a member alliance from this agreement immediately. Expulsion not due to a violation of Articles I, II, III or IV shall require seventy-two (72) hours notice to the expelled member. Expulsion shall require a majority vote of the Poseidon alliances.

* Raid refers to wars started primarily for the purpose of statistical gain or boredom. This does not limit signatories to defensive actions or carrying out punishments as these are sovereign actions.

We had expressed our intentions a few days ago on the Purple Unity Boards, if you have any questions please talk to any gov member in #mash.

MASH has discussed this privately with its government and we have decided to leave. We still hold the utmost respect for the members of PEACE, Poseidon, and Pegasus.

Regards to all our Purple allies

The M*A*S*H Government
Col. Fitswilliam - General
RpR Francheezi- General
Bedford Forrest - General

Supreme 142- Executive Officer
PhoenixRebirth- Executive Officer
Kaznecki- Executive Officer

Countbaron - Foreign Affairs Officer

Lolroflex - Senior Drill Instructor
Vicodin - Deputy Drill Instructor
Eastadam-Deputy Drill Instructor

Grand Admiral Xior - Enlistment Officer

RWZ Forces - Economic Officer
Rubiks- Deputy Economic Officer

Serenissima - Internal Affairs Officer

Edited by Supreme 142

[quote name='Supreme 142' date='07 April 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1270688480' post='2252404']
MASH has found PEACE to be inefficient and we believe it no longer has any purpose for us.
[/quote]

I'm not certain why you would feel that it is "insufficient". Perhaps you would care to elaborate.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='07 April 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1270689537' post='2252455']
About time this was announced.
[/quote]

It's about time this was announced because...you hate PEACE as an organization or just like saying it? I doubt you have any sort of stake in the matter one way or the other.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='08 April 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1270689798' post='2252463']
It's about time this was announced because...you hate PEACE as an organization or just like saying it? I doubt you have any sort of stake in the matter one way or the other.
[/quote]

You have me figured out because what I said had nothing to do with the fact I was in MASH when this was discussed.

Things change... When Elysium was apart of Poseidon, we had great success.. its all in participation when it comes to economic blocs.. effectiveness is dependent on EVERY nation.. Hope you guys find a better way to work your trades..

oo/

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='07 April 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1270690415' post='2252481']
You have me figured out because what I said had nothing to do with the fact I was in MASH when this was discussed.
[/quote]

[i]Alliance Name: Nueva Vida [/i]

Yeah, kind of obvious... <_<

You posted your quip regarding the OP 18 minutes after it was announced. I can only assume that you have some sort of inside information regarding about how this announcement was delayed in some fashion, and that you are willing to share that information with the rest of us.

Please, Planet Bob would like to be enlightened.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='08 April 2010 - 02:41 AM' timestamp='1270690900' post='2252494']
[i]Alliance Name: Nueva Vida [/i]

Yeah, kind of obvious... <_<

You posted your quip regarding the OP 18 minutes after it was announced. I can only assume that you have some sort of inside information regarding about how this announcement was delayed in some fashion, and that you are willing to share that information with the rest of us.

Please, Planet Bob would like to be enlightened.
[/quote]

There are many reason to why they could have delayed it such as forums going down or that some members have been a bit busy or maybe they reopened discussions after I left. So take your choice on whatever accuse they feed ya but it was agreed that we/they would be leaving about a month ago.

Sorry its not as juicy as some of us would like.

Edited by Left_Behind

Sorry to hear this MASH.

If indeed as Supreme 142 states, you guys are going to activity problems, isolation may not be the best choice, but I respect your decision and hope that Purple Unity is more than just a group of treaties. :D

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='07 April 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1270689025' post='2252438']
I'm not certain why you would feel that it is "insufficient". Perhaps you would care to elaborate.
[/quote]

Insufficient and Inefficient are different words.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='08 April 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1270720976' post='2252962']
Good luck to MASH and PEACE.
[/quote]
I feel i should sig that or something!

Cool beans MASH. G'luck etc

PEACE Econ is basically a senate rotation and ODP treaty. For both those aims it has been successful. So it is ineffective in what way?

[quote name='RWZ Forces' date='08 April 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1270738954' post='2253081']
PEACE ECON also involves trade and tech deal set up, and both the last Econ Officer and I have found it not very helpful.
[/quote]
Im sorry you feel that way as the only reason i have a purple trade set today is because of it.

[quote name='Huang Ti' date='08 April 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1270734663' post='2253047']

PEACE Econ is basically a senate rotation and ODP treaty. For both those aims it has been successful. So it is ineffective in what way?
[/quote]
Some people feel out of place in the PEACE bloc. We were one of those alliances, and I'm pretty sure MASH felt the same.

That being said, congrats MASH. Good luck in the future.