North German-Swedish Talks

Kaiser Martens

The North German Government sent a message to Stockholm soon after the creation of the new, Swedish state.
A meeting was requested with their leader in order to determine whether if Sweden would have territorial claims on Nordheim, and then to see if an arrangement, an agreement for long-term peace can be created between both countries. That was the primary objective, at least.

The approval of Stockholm to discuss these issues was received, and so the Chancellor's plane headed for Stockholm in no time. He was starting to become a bit tired after his latest Diplo-actions, but he didn't like to sit around doing nothing while things could be instead improved.

The one, lone plane requests permission to land and when granted, does so. He wondered what the country would be like, he had little information on it due to it being so new. The Chancellor steps off the plane and adjusts the neck of his uniform, breathing in the pleasant, clean air.

[i]"Hallaa där"[/i]

High King Valdemar Fransson, along with his wife Elin, met the Chancellor with two soldiers standing at attention behind them. Valdemar held out a hand and said, "Welcome to Stockholm, Chancellor. I trust you had a good flight?" Elin simply nodded her head, and the guards bowed deeply, their arms holstered. After initial greetings were finished, Valdemar motioned for the two soldiers to get the car ready. "Is there anything in particular you would like to see, Chancellor, or do you wish to head straight to the Palace?"

"Well, there *are* certain museums in the city that I have an interest on, but that will have to wait for another day. Even then, the palace IS something that I would one way or another like to see too, so, my King, let us go there."

He heads for the car and speaks,

"It is a pleasure to meet you both. I was starting to think that the region would remain Norweigan forever, really. I have always been fond of Sweden, so it is nice to see things starting up again."

Surely the trip to the palace wouldn't take long.

And it wouldn't. Since the roads had been closed off the night before in preparation of the Chancellor's arrival, no traffic was present other than some light foot traffic on the sidewalks. In just under ten minutes, the car arrived at the Palace.

As Valdemar, Elin and the Chancellor took seats, various Swedish foods and rinks were laid out of the table, practically inviting anybody who saw to begin eating away. "Now, I understand that you wished to discuss Northern Sweden?"

"That's right. Historical Northern Sweden. I understand that the Swedish state may wish to eventually own the region now called Nordheim. This land is quite distinct from the rest of Germany, yet also from Sweden as it used to be its own country for a long time, and even during Nordland, it had been the odd one that didn't blend in the family. I do not want your eventual wish to recover this territory to be a source of problems between our nations."

He takes a Smörgaas and eats it slowly. When he is done, he goes on,

"So what we wanted to propose was an agreement stating that if the North German Government ever dissolves and or the region otherwise falls into utter anarchy, that Sweden would be entitled to this land. This helps undo potential tensions before they happen, and prevents needless bloodshed in the region. We have a similar agreement over Iceland with another nation. That is the main reason why I felt that we needed to speak."

He finishes and folds his arms comfortably.

"They are, and as of lately, their budget has increased. The prior government didn't consider education a priority...this will be interesting, as she will be able to understand us. Eventually, when I have free time, I will probably spend some time around here myself. Thankfully, Swedish is easy to pick up."