Fall from Grace

Acca Dacca

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Static blasted out of his headset again as Richard shook debris off of his uniform. As the static rang in his head, data began to stream into his helmet, showing that Mechodamian forces were on the ground and pushing toward the castle. Sighing he brushed off his arms and helped Ranger to his feet. Tommy was already standing up outside of the room, cracking his neck, and cautiously walking back into the room. With a single gesture, he motioned toward Erik and Lucas, who were on the other side of the plaza in another doorway.

Carefully, the three of them exited the room, hugging the walls, and trudged over to Lucas' position. Erik immediately looked over and pointed his gun toward them, but backed off once he identified them. He pulled back to where Lucas was and Richard's team met them in the room. Tommy remained outside, setting up his XM-8 LG on one of the concrete walls that sat parallel to the doorway. Ranger also bypassed the room and noticed a quaint stair well that had a hole blown through the side of it.

Thinking for a moment, he gripped the end of the railing and heaved himself up mid-flight. He speedily made his way to the top of the stairs and found a dark room that had a single window that overlooked the central park-like opening. Before rushing in, though, he took a sensor mine from his backpack and rolled it into the room, giving him the layout of the room. [i]No movement or claymores...[/i] he thought with ease as he entered the room. Consequently, he placed his rifle in the window and made sure he had a decent view of the entire courtyard. His main concern, though, was the roof. He back stepped four strides and pulled over a lone desk. Setting it up on the desk, he was able to get a view of the roof and the far side of the courtyard.

Tommy, upon seeing on his AIRS that Ranger was set up, moved toward the stair well as well, but ducked underneath it. He found a similar room and set up in the window.

In the meantime, Richard approached Lucas, who was on the floor. [i]"Sir, you alright? Also, Mechodamian infantry are on the ground, as are several MBTs. They are securing the University as we speak, along with providing long range support for the entrance team from Humvee units 2 and 3. The transport copters will be able to pick up in 3 minutes. Ranger and Tommy are in position to cover this courtyard,"[/i] Richard said as he glanced over to Erik and gave him a nod.

Erik rotated his shoulder over his head and took out a small briefcase from his bag. Upon opening it, a small computer emerged and brought up a menu. [i]"Ground forces have set up a UAV station and have granted us access. We should be able to drop UAV support, though I'm going to need some fire support since I'll need to be giving constant information to feed to the operators."[/i]

Lucas stood up, baring the pain. He mounted his gun on his table.

"Can you get a predator missile with Thermal? we have half a battalion out there."

OOC: Sorry for the little addition, if you get a predator, we'd clear the yard. Unless, you dont want it to be that easy.

"A land transition between me and PRC has left your lease in question. As it stands, I asked PRC for the entirety of his land for my mainland Asia. We wish to know if you would be willing to also join PRC on mainland Asia as your lease is with them, not me. This would unite Oceania completely and give you a chance to have a land route, as well as a choice of cities. What do you say?"

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='13 April 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1271194834' post='2259151']

"Can you get a predator missile with Thermal? we have half a battalion out there."

OOC: Sorry for the little addition, if you get a predator, we'd clear the yard. Unless, you dont want it to be that easy.

"A land transition between me and PRC has left your lease in question. As it stands, I asked PRC for the entirety of his land for my mainland Asia. We wish to know if you would be willing to also join PRC on mainland Asia as your lease is with them, not me. This would unite Oceania completely and give you a chance to have a land route, as well as a choice of cities. What do you say?"
[/quote]

"We would be willing to maintain a land lease on mainland Asia so Oceania would be united for the first time." James turned to the PRC government moniter and stated that the new lease discussion will occur at a later date.

OOC: Keshav, want to do a new thread for our discussion so this one does not lose its momentum?

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='13 April 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1271194834' post='2259151']

[/quote]

OOC: I have a pair of predators aloft, just radio the fleet.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='13 April 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1271194834' post='2259151']
[/quote]

Erik looked up, perplexed for a moment, and shrugged it off. [i]"I can get an Achilles Missile in here pronto. Hell, this UAV also has some nifty auto-lock turret systems!"[/i] he casually responded, hinting at a prompt sense of pride in his voice.

"I need to be over there in 10, hit them with what you got."

Lucas scrambled to his backpack. He reached into his large pocket and retrieved something out of the inner pocket, deep inside the larger pocket. He pulled out his telecommunication set, equiped to a RRC 9310. He looked through the papers that were inside the box for communication with Selenarctos Fleet within Bangkok. He reached the SS Jacinto.

"Jacinto, this is Gecko One, we need tactical air support that cannot be sighted. This mission is close to being compromised. Send aid that cannot be labelled. Fly high. Coordinates are..."

He looked at Erik

"Here, give them coordinates off the UAV. We're blowing them sky high."

OOC: Send the Achilles Missile too, and fire with the auto lock. Over kill time.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='13 April 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1271195808' post='2259179']
"We would be willing to maintain a land lease on mainland Asia so Oceania would be united for the first time." James turned to the PRC government moniter and stated that the new lease discussion will occur at a later date.

OOC: Keshav, want to do a new thread for our discussion so this one does not lose its momentum?
[/quote]

OOC: Oui, why not. Lets not clutter up this awesome thread :P

IC: The people seemed to understand the seriousness of the ultimatum. The majority of attacks stopped, but instances of the villagers attacking the soldiers continued. In all of this nearly 20 soldiers were injured and one casualty. The casualty was because a stone had fractured his skull. He was dead pretty quickly. The morale of the soldiers was definitely affected especially since HighCom had told them nothing will happen. Nevertheless the soldiers moved on to Lao Cai and Lang Son provinces. They were to meet again only in 21 days. When they reach Saigon.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='14 April 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1271256429' post='2260114']
"Here, give them coordinates off the UAV. We're blowing them sky high."
[/quote]

[i]"One sec... Achilles Missile in bound in T-5... 4... 3... 2.. hit the !@#$@#$ deck!"[/i] he heaved himself over the system as a massive explosion shook the entire complex. Targets... destroyed. Coordinates are 1232.22, 3213.41, Alpha Alpha."[/i]

The missiles smashed into the court yard, destroying the fountain, uplifting the layered flooring, smashing fences, and nearly killing the Spec Ops hidden within the walls bordering it. Lucas gained stability over his injury and the ringing in his ear as the explosions ended. He leaped to his feet, and smashed the door outwards, where it fell to pieces after receiving considerable damage from the missiles outside. Lucas pointed a gun each way, looking through the dusty smog that had arisen after the yard had been torn apart. It was thick, but not thick enough for Lucas to see that the trailers were still in tact.

He smiled to himself as he steadily limped over to the building. He peered off to the right to see the turret, now on auto, firing into a moving enemy Acca Daccan unit. Off to his left, he could hear the crowds stirring as the fences began to feel the weight of the people pushing. With the yard exposed, they'd be able to deal a clear cut amount of damage to the castle and its residence. Unbeknownst to them, the damage would be done for them, and framed on them as to seem as if the king died in a tragic riot of the people rather than at the hands of an assassin and a group of special forces from Africa.

He made it to the aluminum stairs, where he mounted them one by one, dragging his right foot behind him slightly. He shot a hole into the doors lock, freeing it from anything that might be standing in the way of him completing his mission. He looked back at the spec ops and delivered hand signals for them to stand guard in each direction. He did not want them to see him kill an innocent man for a ploy. Hell, he didn’t want to see it either.

The trailer was lavished with drapes and curtains with silk rugs and lights that lit the place anew. As he had known, the trailer looked nothing short of a miniature palace. He heard from the other room the clapping of his next victim, a victim not worthy to be counted with the several dozen criminals Lucas had silenced. Lucas approached, gun in hand, and leaned against the wall as he lit a cigar. At the lighting of it, the clapping stopped. The King, himself, turned in his chair, and downed what was left of his scotch. The bottle fell to the floor and cracked. The smell of alcohol filled the air, along with the smell of burning carpet. Lucas slipped the room a flame to catch, as to filter out some of the evidence. The king caught a whiff of it, and smiled even more.

"So this is how you greet a king? Gun drawn, set the place on fire, you should be ashamed. Where are your manners? Where is your descency."

The King filled with rage, took a bottle and threw it across the room blindly,

"WHERE IS YOUR MERCY."

The King tripped and fell to the ground. He began to moan and groan at the thoughts of what was to become of him. The ashes in the other room began to take hold of Lucas as he watched the man crawl towards him in a state of inferiority. He felt a power within him, the power to bring Kings to his knees...he cast the feeling away to not allow it to take a hold of him. The King gripped Lucas' pants and pulled his head up,

"You kill a king, for mistakes he did not make?"

Lucas looked down at him, and with a voice of guilt he said, "I kill a man to save a country. Forgive me, for I will not take your death lightly."

Off in the distance, the sound of helicopter approaching. It was midnight, and the helicopter was late. Lucas turned, faced the door and took several steps. The drunken king fell to his knees, fire engulfing the trailer around them. Lucas turned back to see the king reaching out to him. Lucas pointed the gun, and fired a round into his head. Lucas sighed, and left the trailer in flames.

OOC: SOM, if you wish, you can take them to the port, where we will exist VIA ikrolm's ship. If you dont wish to do that, I'll do it instead.