When will Global Radiation go below 5

iMatt

Since the war has stopped, I'm wondering if anyone out there has any educated guesses as to when the GRL will settle back to it's 'normal' level, around 1. I'm sure with perfect information we could figure out exactly when to expect this, but any guesses (with reference to the GRL formula, etc) are appreciated!

[quote name='Sande' date='06 April 2010 - 06:53 AM' timestamp='1270565620' post='2250350']
My guess would be one month. And it won't be near 1. It will more likely be 1.5 or 2. People are nuking each other more often these days.
[/quote]

I agree, it'll probably take about a month or so to un-cap, but it will never go down to 1, too many rogues nuking out there.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='11 April 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1271035039' post='2256808']
I can't wait. I already have 2.50 radiation levels due to rad cleanup, so this is going to be awesome.
[/quote]

You shouldn't want it to be lowered if you have radiation cleanup. The higher the GRL, the more beneficial that resource is to you.

GLR can severely damage one's population, therefore bringing in less taxes and having the same Infra level, there will be less Surplus after paying bills. Though this may seem monetary, it can add up. Also, this means less improvements to buy and less happiness/income boosters to buy.

[quote name='iMatt' date='13 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1271133026' post='2258329']
A week ago: 15.05
Today: 11.76
If we take a linear fit, which seems somewhat reasonable (it's been linear the past week), GRL will be down to 2 in about [b]three[/b] weeks.
[/quote]
That's with IRON/DAWN and Gre still nuking eachother every day, etc. The earlier the war ends, the faster the GRL should go down, in theory.

[quote name='Razgriz90' date='13 April 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1271133542' post='2258340']
That's with IRON/DAWN and Gre still nuking eachother every day, etc. The earlier the war ends, the faster the GRL should go down, in theory.
[/quote]
True, but iirc the GRL is an average over 30 days, so the effects of the war ending today won't be seen for 30 days. Correct me if I'm wrong though :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sande' date='29 April 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1272520971' post='2279551']
According to the GRL graph, it is very possible that the GRL will be below 5.00 after the next update.
Finally!
Now stop using nukes.
[/quote]
Honestly, think it's still about 3 days away based on overall trend- and you gotta figure at that point it will only be a small drop from 5 cap... so signifigant results most likely will occur about 6 days out.

edit- grammar (still waking up :P )

Edited by Fighter26

[quote name='Sande' date='04 May 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1273004223' post='2286672']
I was actually right over there.
Also, GRL is already below 3.00! It's dropping really fast now.
Maybe we will even see it drop below 1.00 in a week or so :P
[/quote]
This is why I'm waiting to collect :P I was right on the button with my 3 week to get below 2 guess :)

• 2 weeks later...