Prepare to be Occupied

[b]Day 1[/b]

Oliver stood outside the camp, wondering about his wife and kids back home. He wondered what they were doing, if they were out in the garden or inside playing games. Oliver told himself to stop thinking about that. He had more important things to think about. The camp was his top priority, and he still needed to check in with the sentries.
Oliver weaved in and out through the tanks before entering the radio communications tent. As he walked in, he heard the communications officer ending transmission with the last sentry.
"What's our status?" asked Oliver.
"Everything is in check, sir, no hostiles nearby" reported the communications officer.
"Keep up the good work," Oliver replied as he left the tent and headed back to his quarters. He was going to have a rough next couple of days, and knew he'd need his rest.

[b]Day 2[/b]

Oliver just got off the phone with the Asgaard, frustrated with himself. He knew War Torn couldn't go it alone, he needed the back up of someone bigger. He'd hoped Asgaard would be the one. But he couldn't dwell on it much longer, for he just received a new transmission. Someone from The Legion, wanting to know about War Torn? Oliver quickly wrote down a response explaining what War Torn was about and handed it to the communications officer.
Oliver had been talking with an old friend when someone not from the camp walked into his tent. Oliver quickly turned around, trying to recognize the man.
"Who are you?" asked Oliver.
"My name is Ty Glitchblade," the man responded, "I've heard of your troubles, I think we can strike a deal."
"What kind of deal?" Oliver asked, now curious.
"I come from Iunctus. The people there, they starve for technology. It is as valuable there as weapons are here." stated Glitchblade. "We've heard of your troubles with Asgaard. Iunctus would be willing to offer War Torn protection in exchange for long term technology deals."
"...I will have to confer with my Brigadier," replied Oliver, dumbstruck. Ty Glitchblade began writing a number down on a piece of paper.
"Once you've come to a decision, you can contact me at this secure number," said Glitchblade.
"Will do..." replied Oliver as Ty Glitchblade left the tent, and wasn't found in the camp again.

[b]Day 5[/b]

After waiting many days, Oliver finally came to a decision. He went straight to his Colonel of Communications, Optiow, and had him send a transmission to the secure number. They received a reply almost instantly.
"Confirmed, awaiting your transmission."

[quote][center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100403065435/cybernations/images/8/86/Wartornflag.png[/img][/center]
[b]I. Preamble[/b]
War Torn is a coalition of nations representing all things military. We are here to rebel and make ourselves known to the face of Planet Bob.

[b]II. Soldier Enrollment[/b]
Any nation may apply to become a soldier of War Torn, as long as they aren't at war, aren't on any ZI lists, and don't owe any reparations to former alliances. Any nation that fits those requirements must sign up on War Torn's official forums and post a formal application that includes but is not limited to:
[quote]Ruler Name:
Nation Name:
Nation Link:
Nation Strength:
Team Color (Under 5,000 NS Switch to Black):
Previous Nations:
Previous Alliances:
Are you on any ZI lists (Don't know leave blank):[/quote]
Applicants to War Torn must also take an oath, as follows:
[quote]I [Ruler Name of Nation Name] recognize that by applying to War Torn I am not falsifying any information provided. What I claim is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I will try my best to improve the ranks of War Torn and provide dedication to it.
[Sign the Date][/quote]

[b]III. Ranks[/b]
The government of War Torn shall consist of one General, one Brigadier, and four Colonels. These members will do their best to better and improve War Torn so that it may become a more powerful alliance.

The General is the leader of War Torn. It is his job to decide what treaties to sign, and when to go to war. The General is also the head of government, and can remove any Brigadier or Colonel and promote any Soldier to the Brigadier or Colonel position. The General will serve these duties until he resigns.

The Brigadier is second in charge of War Torn. It is his job to specifically oversee the Colonels and report any issues to the General for examination. If The General is inactive for 3 days or more, the Brigadier must take over temporarily until The General returns. If the General is gone for more than two weeks without explanation the Brigadier can take over as General and appoint a new Brigadier.

The Colonel's job is to oversee their department of the alliance and improve it in all ways possible. No Colonel is of higher rank than another. The four Colonels should adhere as follows:

*Colonel of War and Defense - Manages all Wartime Affairs
*Colonel of Communications - Manages all Foreign Affairs Disputes
*Colonel of Recruitment - Manages all Soldiers and Soldier Enrollment
*Colonel of Finance - Manages all Monetary Disputes
[b]
IV. War and Defense[/b]
No Soldier is allowed to attack another nation during peacetime unless they have a Tech Raiding License (1) or are attacking approved targets (2). Nuclear First Strikes are prohibited unless approved by the General. If a nation is nuked, it may nuke back. Spying nukes is considered a nuclear strike.

(1) To obtain a Tech Raiding License a Soldier must study the rules of Tech Raiding and get a 100% on the Tech Raid License quiz. Tech Raids are to consist of two ground attacks and a peace offer. Soldiers cannot attack aligned nations or nations on the Black or Red Teams.

(2) Targets approved by the government should consist of ghosts and rogues. Soldiers may attack these nations.
[b]
V. Admendments[/b]
Any Soldier may put forth an amendment to the Charter of War Torn, that may be examined by the General and added. The General may veto any amendments as he sees fit.[/quote]
[center]
We'll be firing for effect in #WarTorn on ColdFront.
We'll also be accepting diplomats on our forums, http://www.wartorn.freeforums.org/index.php[/center]

Iunctus always wanted a little brother, so we decided to get one!
also, technology is absolutely delicious

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Rogue_Shadow/IunctusTheory4copy.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100403065435/cybernations/images/8/86/Wartornflag.png[/IMG]

"The Good Things Happen to Those That Wait! Treaty"

Preamble
Iunctus and WarTorn agree to come together in friendship and sign this treaty of protection, who will further be refered to as -I- for Iunctus and WT for WarTorn, with -I- as the Protector and WT as the Protectorate.

Article I - Amity
The signatory alliances and their member states will treat each other respect and decency, just as they would their own. All members of the signatory alliances are expected to show tact and consideration by going through the proper channels when addressing concerns.

Article II - Non Aggression
Both alliances are obligated to desist from any act of violence against the other, be it through aggressive action, and any attack on each other either individually or jointly with other power. Both alliances declare their intent to resolve any issues between the parties through regular diplomatic discourse.

Article III - Adviser
The Protectorate agrees to allow the Protector to supply an Adviser to the alliance. This Adviser will have a government mask without Administrator privileges, and will assist in educating the alliance on how to maintain day-to-day operations.

Article IV - Military Aid and Assistance
A declaration of war on the Protectorate is a declaration on both signatories. If the Protector is declared on, it may request assistance from the Protectorate on a voluntary basis. The Protectorate must notify the Protector before any aggressive military actions.

Article V - Economy
The Protectors agree to help the Protectorates with economic support in the form of advice and foreign aid, provided that they use this solely for the purpose of their own growth. Any reasonable economic requests from the Protectors must be met, to the best of their abilities.

In addition, the two alliances agree to work closely together on tech deals to help support both alliances' economies.With this being said, WT nations are to recieve full access to the Iunctus Tech Exchange to partake in Iunctus sanctioned tech deals.

Article VI - Non Espionage
Neither alliance will engage, or support espionage on each other in any way. If an alliance receives information relevant to other, they are obligated to notify them immediately, giving complete disclosure on the issue.

Article VII - Foreign Policy
The protectorate alliance will consult the Protectors before making major decisions in foreign policy, such as signing new treaties and declaring war upon other alliances.

Article VII - Upgrade
When WT reaches 500,000 Nation Strength, the treaty will be reviewed and upgraded or dropped.

Article IX - Termination
A notice must be given to the other signatory alliance in case a signatory decides to terminate its membership. After this, a 72 hours grace period will follow, in which the treaty will remain valid.

Signed for Iunctus,
[QUOTE]St. Jimmy, Triumvir[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]sammykhalifa, Triumvir[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]nomadd917, Triumvir[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]Tyanogy Glitchblade, Minister of Diplomacy[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]King Kaiser, Minister of War[/QUOTE]

Signed for War Torn,
[QUOTE]Captain Oliver, General[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]Kallen Stadtfield, Brigadier[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]Optiow, Colonel of Communications[/QUOTE]

Edited by Eternal Enigma

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='05 April 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1270499006' post='2249482']
Funny how you act like we were a problem in your DoE, not the proper way to start out an alliance Olivier. Next time try not to coup an alliance and then go and ask that alliance's friends to protect you.
[/quote]
>.<
I didn't try to coup any alliance.
I didn't act like you were a problem, I was frustrated that I couldn't get a protectorate. Asgaard plays a minor role in this story, but it reflects the heroism of Ty Glitchblade and his friends from Iunctus. Stop stealing the spotlight <_<

EDIT: (More evidence)
[quote][b]Day 2[/b]

Oliver just got off the phone with the Asgaard, [b]frustrated with himself[/b]. He knew War Torn couldn't go it alone, he needed the back up of someone bigger. He'd hoped Asgaard would be the one.[/quote]

Read the OP, there is no "Edited by ---- on ----" there. Thats all what was originally in there.

Edited by Captain Oliver

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='05 April 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1270503256' post='2249574']
Good luck. Iunctus used to be realy cool, but I am not so sure about them here lately. Hope your alliance does well Oliver.
[/quote]
haha what

why, because we decided to be gentlemen to Invicta?

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='05 April 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1270503256' post='2249574']
Good luck. Iunctus used to be realy cool, but I am not so sure about them here lately. Hope your alliance does well Oliver.
[/quote]

Why, because they agreed not to needlessly spout about Invicta? Iunctus are still a great group of guys. Except for that Jimmy character :V

Good luck with your alliance, you have some great people watching over you.

[quote name='Eternal Enigma' date='05 April 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1270503506' post='2249579']
haha what

why, because we decided to be gentlemen to Invicta?
[/quote]

no, nothing of the sort. You guys used to be a very good alliance, but seemed to stagnate and go inactive right after Chad left.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='05 April 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1270511785' post='2249738']
no, nothing of the sort. You guys used to be a very good alliance, but seemed to stagnate and go inactive right after Chad left.
[/quote]

Hi old friend,

It might be true that our live channels are not as lively as we might want them to be [for me staying RL employed>IRC activity, and many of our higher members have gone and gotten themselves married. I can check my nation and forums here though, so just shoot a message whenever you need anything]. That might not be very optimal; but, rest assured we are doing better than ever. We grow and change; ever forward, into the future.

[center][img]http://cache.io9.com/assets/resources/2008/03/monorail.jpg[/img] [/center]

But anyway, once upon a time an alliance and some good friends were kind enough to give us a leg up in the world, and allowed us to grow. Likewise, I hope our new friends can find an honorable path in this world and prosper. Good luck guys.

Edited by sammykhalifa

[quote name='sammykhalifa' date='06 April 2010 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1270519510' post='2249861']
Hi old friend,

It might be true that our live channels are not as lively as we might want them to be [for me staying RL employed>IRC activity, and many of our higher members have gone and gotten themselves married. I can check my nation and forums here though, so just shoot a message whenever you need anything]. That might not be very optimal; but, rest assured we are doing better than ever. We grow and change; ever forward, into the future.

[center][img]http://cache.io9.com/assets/resources/2008/03/monorail.jpg[/img] [/center]

But anyway, once upon a time an alliance and some good friends were kind enough to give us a let up in the world, and allowed us to grow. Likewise, I hope our new friends can find an honorable path in this world and prosper. Good luck guys.
[/quote]

Glad to see you again sammy :)

Oliver is a fairly smart guy, you guys got yourself a good protectorate right here.