The Easter Sunday Accords

Good Fight Guys, hope we can put this all behind us and learn from each others mistakes. To the TOP & IRON I faced, good times. To my Brothers in Arms both in the Union, and abroad, I salute you, and wish you a quick recovery. Greenland Republic will be there when you call, just as you have been for us.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fought war all the way around fellas.

Good luck to everyone on the other side in rebuilding (especially to Offler, JayneCobb, and Frydchikn :wub:)

To my friends and allies in CnG... What a monumental pleasure it was going through this with you guys. I love all of you folks (even you MagicalTrevor!)

To all my friends and allies outside CnG... Thank you.... For sticking it out to the end with us, I know it was not easy for you. I hope to someday be able to return the favor.

o/ CnG Prevails!

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='05 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1270439982' post='2248410']
This is so much more lenient than any of you deserve. Next time will be worse.
[/quote]

Oh Xi.

:facepalm:

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='05 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1270440135' post='2248440']
Peace in our times.
[/quote]

I hope you and others in this thread are using this in a sarcastic sense and realize the historical context from which that quote comes

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='05 April 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1270440254' post='2248448']
Though in it's most practical terms, this war has been neither a pleasure nor a profit for Sparta, it is with greatest sincetity that I congratulate IRON and TOP on the monumental, and most commendable efforts with which they have managed to continue the struggle against C&G and her stalwart allies. It has truly been a war to remember, the longest and largest war in CN history, and though we have been enemies in combat, we have been brothers in arms, and I consider myself priviledged to have been allowed such a prodigious length of time to encounter so many noble warriors. It is my sincerest hope that, in spite of the long war, the rift between IRON and Sparta and between TOP and Sparta as well should heal, and that no antagonism, the likes of which have lead so many alliances to their ultimate destruction, should continue beyond this peace. It has been, in it's most colloquial terms, a good game in every sense. And I know that I do not act alone when I wish IRON and TOP, in spite of the political and practical necessities of reparations, the very best. It has been a priviledge to meet such a challenging foe in battle.

Doxa Sparte o/
To peace o/
To our noble allies o/
And to TIDTT o/
My best wishes to each and every one of you.
[/quote]

Good show mate, I regret that I never got to talk to you when I was hammering out peace terms with Sparta

[quote name='Doitzel' date='05 April 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1270441037' post='2248505']
Battle's over. So begins the war.
[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken

Congratulations to all parties

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

I'm NOT going to read through the usual.. But I'll respond in kind anyway...

Glad this is over.. Hope that IRON and DAWN get Gre to give white peace.. You've been through enough. Best of luck rebuilding.

oo/ IRON
oo/ PEACE
oo/ Finally the end of hostilities in the DUMBEST WAR EVER! (that includes the stupid war we went through a few months back :P)

oo/ Easter Dinner (Herb Rubbed Rib Roast, bacon/mozz/parm baked mashed taters, pecan pie)

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='05 April 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1270441183' post='2248518']
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Way to not keep up.
[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible (my rl has been...yeah), then I think you missed my sarcasm.

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='04 April 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1270440696' post='2248487']
wow C&G turned into the new tC.. great job of proving you guys were better, and changing tech extortion in CN..

O/Torn
O/IRON
O/TOP for a good fight.

Much <3 for ya.
[/quote]
four pages before a "new hegemony" crack? You folks are really slipping, i thought higher of you. Ah well

So.. C&G. You've taken down Pacifica, youve taken down TOP, when will you betray your TRUE masters in SF and roll them?

I would like to extend my thanks to all of Complaints & Grievances' stalwart allies that stood with us and, with valiant effort, checked and rejected TOP and IRON's aggression. It was a pleasure fighting on the battlefield with each of you.

As for TOP, IRON, Purple & friends, I imagine we'll be seeing you all again in a few months' time when your pied piper in Red returns to the political arena.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='05 April 2010 - 05:14 AM' timestamp='1270440880' post='2248497']
What. No, really...what. If TIDTT felt that it was fair to pay reps, then something tells me they don't need you wailing to the heavens about injustice of it all or whatever.
[/quote]

Oh wow.. so its okay for MK to do it.. but it was bad business for NPO, or any of the others.. We see how it is. Good show..

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='05 April 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1270441131' post='2248512']
Poorly worded. What I'm trying to communicate is that they genuinely felt they did something wrong (attacking without a "valid" CB, etc) and thus deserved to pay some level of reparations to make up for that. This is not the same as an alliance agreeing to pay reps because of threat of destruction or extinction. I apologize for not making that clearer.
[/quote]

This may be a nice sound-byte, but honestly, no alliance has a desire to to pay out large amounts of tech; and the only reason they would do so is because it is better than any alternative (i.e, the continuation of a war).

I am not quite sure if you meant it this way, but the claim that people think they "deserve" the punishment of harsh reps due to a genuine feeling of wrongfulness sounds rather hollow as an excuse. Would it mean then, that had this "feeling" not existed, no reps would have been imposed? Surely not.

Certainly, they may be apologetic - it is a common reaction for people in a position of weakness to act as such towards those with power over them, be it honest or not. But to try and equate that to a justification for the level of these reparitions has echoes of masochism in it.

It is quite clear that the losers of this war would not have chosen this had they had the alternative of - for example - a white peace. They chose this path precisely because such alternatives did not exist. This does not mean to argue that it should have - it's merely a statement of fact.

The difference that you seek does not lie in the act itself - the acceptance of the imposition of a damaging peace due to no better alternative - but rather in the moral justifications and motivations related to it. And frankly as those can be rather subjective, you should not be surprised if the subjectivity of others might lead to a different conclusion from yours with regards to their respective merits.

Edited by Letum

I'm glad to see this come to a close. To say this war was controversial within Umbrella is an understatement and I'm glad that I can start the short process of forgetting it now. Congratulations to CnG and all the connected alliances in their victory and congratulations to TOP&co. on securing peace.

[quote name='Denial' date='04 April 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1270441669' post='2248539']As for TOP, IRON, Purple & friends, I imagine we'll be seeing you all again in a few months' time when your pied piper in Red returns to the political arena.[/quote]

No way, the terms are harsh and will keep them all down for [b]months[/b].

Congrats on peace, etc etc.

<_<

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1270441998' post='2248551']
Oh wow.. so its okay for MK to do it.. but it was bad business for NPO, or any of the others.. We see how it is. Good show..
[/quote]
Right, because the New Pacific Order [i]attacking[/i] alliances and then extracting technology is the exact same as Complaints & Grievances being pre-emptively attacked and demanding reparations for damage inflicted. Reparations, by [i]their very definition[/i], were in order here.

[quote name='Denial' date='05 April 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1270441669' post='2248539']
As for TOP, IRON, Purple & friends, I imagine we'll be seeing you all again in a few months' time when your pied piper in Red returns to the political arena.
[/quote]
Hi. Surely you shouldn't be worrying about us already, you and SF just secured your political dominance for the foreseeable future. Enjoy your time at the top, it's good to be king.

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1270441998' post='2248551']
[/quote]

Quite honestly, anyone who claims these reps are unjust, "draconian" or harsh simply cannot do math.

Take a look at TOPs... If they do 40k a month, it'll take them 6.5 months. That's still ahead of schedule. There's a lot of leeway in these reps.