The Easter Sunday Accords

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1270445448' post='2248716']
Now we were having civil arguments.. thanks to MHA for a meaningless and flamming troll. You just made your whole side look bad. You see how you lose against me every time.
[/quote]

Thanks for the short sighted perspective, one persons view is not the view of a entire alliance.

Edited by nutkase

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' date='05 April 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1270463960' post='2248940']
Oh, okay then.
[/quote]
If I remember correctly it was said anyone who moved against Gramlins would be crushed for violating their terms. I believe that is called defending Gramlins ability destroy IRON with the threat of force. Yes my friend you are in this up to your neck or should I say in "denial" :)

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Haflinger' date='05 April 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1270466980' post='2248959']
Didn't expect MHA to leave Grämlins fighting. Interesting.
[/quote]

It wasn't a particularly easy choice for us.

peace is good, yadiyadiyada

What I'd really like to say here is:

Hail IRON! \o

Guys, I really enjoyed fighting with you. It was your members that made most formidable opponents. Not ONCE have I seen any dishonourable actions ([ooc:like aa swap/alteration, fake POW-ing and such]) by your members.

I'd especially like to give shout outs to:
Derrenos - my first opponent, it's been good, all-out war [ooc: "They Live!" style].
HelloMoTo - fighting to the last soldier, doing GA's with whatever % you can.
The Warrior of TKE Nation - for my first nukes (we cut back on street lamps thanks to them), and a fun war
querraran - my BlackJack war - 21st this conflict, and halfway to 42nd - what better end could I hope for, than fighting a #94 IRON nation?

TORN - we did not meet at battle, neither as allies nor opponents. But meeting Lord Curzon here, was one of the best memories I'll have from this war. May we meet in some better circumstances :-)

As to the "notes". Well The Poll was public, no need to elaborate.

[quote name='CloudGT4' date='05 April 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1270445448' post='2248716']
Now we were having civil arguments.. thanks to MHA for a meaningless and flamming troll. You just made your whole side look bad. [b]You see how you lose against me every time[/b].
[/quote]

When MHA conducts "civil arguments", we focus on finding out the truth, taking both sides of the debate into account.

We don't define it in terms of "winning" or "losing" and neither should you.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270467037' post='2248960']
If I remember correctly it was said anyone who moved against Gramlins would be crushed for violating their terms. I believe that is called defending Gramlins ability destroy IRON with the threat of force. Yes my friend you are in this up to your neck or should I say in "denial" :)
[/quote]

A violation of terms is well, exactly that. I don't see how anyone else would go about it but redeclare on that particular alliance.

[quote name='nutkase' date='05 April 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1270467437' post='2248968']
A violation of terms is well, exactly that. I don't see how anyone else would go about it but redeclare on that particular alliance.
[/quote]
Like I said you will attack anyone who tries to help stop IRON being totally destroyed by Gramlins. You are as guilty as they are and some day in the future in your darkest hour you will be reminded of how you let Gramlins kill IRON and threatened to attack anyone who helped IRON survive.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Haflinger' date='05 April 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1270466980' post='2248959']
Didn't expect MHA to leave Grämlins fighting. Interesting.
[/quote]

Well, you might recall this:

[quote name='Cormalek' date='21 March 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1269191721' post='2232224']
One of the reasons we are friends with Grämlins is because they would never pull crazy $#&% like that. Feed us some variables that would make it possible, and I will be able to sincerely answer your question.
But if Grämlins would get into a curb-stomp, and we would be anywhere lower than 10 on a WTF scale about their reasons - Yes. We would stand by them[/quote]

I was 9.5/10 when it was talked about, dropped to 9 on the eve of Gre elections after some members voiced their opinions on this, 10 when I heard that Ram was still at the steers on the next day, and them my WTF-o-meter ran out of batteries. In retrospect, throwing it against a wall didn't help either.

And from what I understand this is only because I don't have enough info. People directly involved had to implement a new scale for this.

And you might want to look at the poll.

Oh, and you might see that even though MHA was involved with IRON, and 5 smaller alliances (with collective NS 2 mil higher than MHA's) we did not ask for ANY reps. Hell, we're not even listed on the "surrendered to". If you stopped to process that, it might've become apparent, that prolonging the war to get unconditional surrender was [b]the exact opposite[/b] of our position.

All in all, I feel hurt. I'm an attention-whore, and you paying apparently no attention to what we say, do, and stand for... it hurts me. It aches in my id.

I would quite like to hear (DAC)Syzygy's thoughts on this announcement.

[quote name='(DAC)Syzygy' date='17 February 2010 - 04:08 AM' timestamp='1266379693' post='2186987']
Keep beating at TOP and you won't break them, ever. Not ever. You forge them. You will take months over months in damages, you will turn the core of your alliances to wastelands and you won't get a penny reps ever. Not ever. Don't even dream about that. The chance of ever getting a single payment of reparations is straight zero and you have my word for that. They will neither pay anything nor surrender ever. And thats just the pragmatical view of someone who has reached everything Planet Bob can offer and has nothing to lose anyway.[/quote]
lol. War time propaganda or otherwise, it's always mildly amusing to view the conviction of the past in light of present events. (And please don't think I'm singling him out because he was certainly not the only TOP member to forcefully put forward this type of sentiment throughout the war). Anyway, light relief over, congratulations on peace everyone.

[quote name='D34th' date='05 April 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1270445959' post='2248730']
I like to see that people decided to left Gre alone in their non-sense.

Congrats on Peace.
[/quote]

Thank you for the well wishes Polaris -.-
Peace. o\
Bob breaks the new rep barriers o\
Had a good, nice and clean figt, props to all o\

[b]Now we await to see wat Gre does, do we expose our nations that are capable of funding this war to Gre's destructive abilities?[/b]

Its unfair to blame MHA in MHA-Gre situation, we know for a fact, MHA wanted this resolved amicably. MHA was put in a position by Gre that whatever decision they made, someone would end up criticizing them. But who put them in that position? Certainly not MHA or all the alliances in the OP.

brb, making new pip :D

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1270467647' post='2248970']
Like I said you will attack anyone who tries to help stop IRON being totally destroyed by Gramlins. You are as guilty as they are and some day in the future when in your darkest hour you will be reminded of how you let Gramlins kill IRON and threatened to attack anyone who helped IRON survive.
[/quote]

Its called being caught between a rock and a hard place.

One might imagine the accusations that MHA left Gramlins out to dry and calling us a "survivalist" alliance if we chose any other course of action.I hope you can see our predicament here. Inevitably, there will be people that will be criticizing that we did too much. There will also be people who would argue that we didn't go all the way for our treaty partners.

It's a dilemma we're not fond of being shoved into.

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='05 April 2010 - 07:20 AM' timestamp='1270466394' post='2248956']
Son, while there's breath in these here lungs, you'll never see TOP march with the NPO ever again.
[/quote]
And the WUT will never dissolve, there was never a fracture in the Continuum, the Citadel will never crumble, GGA has never lost a war, FAN will never get peace, blah blah blah. This word "never" has sort of lost its meaning on our stage, don't you think?

[quote name='shahenshah' date='05 April 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1270468197' post='2248976']
Thank you for the well wishes Polaris.

o\ Peace.

Bob breaks the new rep barriers o\

Had a good, nice and clean figt, props to all.
[/quote]

Farewell my IRON friends. May the winds of fate make us meet in more pleasant circumstances next time.

[quote name='Alterego' date='05 April 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1270467647' post='2248970']
Like I said you will attack anyone who tries to help stop IRON being totally destroyed by Gramlins. You are as guilty as they are and some day in the future in your darkest hour you will be reminded of how you let Gramlins kill IRON and threatened to attack anyone who helped IRON survive.
[/quote]

I see it being numerously impossible for IRON to be destroyed by Gramlins. Also Gramlins are not seeking disbandment, so stop making accusations. From my information we have not threatened anyone in any shape or form also. Please provide evidence that we have talked to any alliance and threatened war upon them if they came to the aid of IRON, in a war that IRON was in no doubt a aggressor.

Also the fact remains, If a alliance breaks terms the common reaction to it is war. Stop dodging the obvious.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='fallin' date='05 April 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1270468374' post='2248980']
One might imagine the accusations that MHA left Gramlins out to dry and calling us a "survivalist" alliance if we chose any other course of action.I hope you can see our predicament here. Inevitably, there will be people that will be criticizing that we did too much. There will also be people who would argue that we didn't go all the way for our treaty partners. [/quote]
Crazy idea: maybe you could just do what [i]you[/i] think is right instead of worrying about what other people will think...

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='05 April 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1270468614' post='2248984']
Crazy idea: maybe you could just do what [i]you[/i] think is right instead of worrying about what other people will think...
[/quote]

One might assume that my triumvirate did do what they felt was right, including the complete waiver of reparations from IRON.

The point I wanted to make in my previous post is that with all the conflicting views, there's no way that MHA could have pleased everybody at the same time.

Aimee Mann - hehehe...

Aren't you that guy that checked [b]every single[/b] option in the Gre poll? I actually double checked, it [i]was[/i] you. I hope that you won't hold it against us if we ignore you from now on, on the basis of thriving on conflict and questionable logic.