A Cat Land announcement.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1270433448' post='2248214']
I dare you to attack any of our nations defending an unaligned.
[/quote]

Should it ever come to that, I will not hesitate. I see no need for any hostility though. I just seek to give raiders the same help you seek to give those being raided.

[quote name='SWAT128' date='04 April 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1270434130' post='2248235']
Should it ever come to that, I will not hesitate. I see no need for any hostility though. I just seek to give raiders the same help you seek to give those being raided.
[/quote]

Then don't forget that when you attack one of our nations that nation will be considered declaring war on us and will be met with the full force of us and our allies.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1270434437' post='2248241']
Then don't forget that when you attack one of our nations that nation will be considered declaring war on us and will be met with the full force of us and our allies.
[/quote]

I knew that when I made this program. If your side is unwilling to try the diplomatic approach, then so be it. I do look forward to working with you in the future.

Edited by SWAT128

:ph34r:

While SWAT is no longer a member of the Random Insanity Alliance, Cat Land is considered one of our ProtectoRItes so any unretaliatory aggression against them would be unwise.

In any case I wish luck to both Cat Land and to our friends in TJO & CB on their respective programs.

[quote name='ShadowDragon' date='04 April 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1270435215' post='2248256']

While SWAT is no longer a member of the Random Insanity Alliance, Cat Land is considered one of our ProtectoRItes so any unretaliatory aggression against them would be unwise.

In any case I wish luck to both Cat Land and to our friends in TJO & CB on their respective programs.
[/quote]

Good thing by how their program is shaped, all our responses against them would be retaliatory.

Thanks for your well wishes.

[quote name='ShadowDragon' date='04 April 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1270435215' post='2248256']

[/quote]

I forsee some excessively interesting conversations over IRC in our future.

Edit: "Lesse, my protectorate is fighting with your protectorate because of a raid that my protecto, cause yours is... wait what? $%&@it, lets just let em both duke it out"

Edited by TypoNinja

Dear allies, allies protectorates, and protectorates, please stop trying to make my head explode.

Cat Land is an RIA protectorate, CB is a VE protectorate, RIA and VE are treaty partners. Therefore, it stands to reason that our respective protectorates should play nice and not kill each other.

xoxo,
Impero

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='04 April 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1270437753' post='2248303']
Dear allies, allies protectorates, and protectorates, please stop trying to make my head explode.

Cat Land is an RIA protectorate, CB is a VE protectorate, RIA and VE are treaty partners. Therefore, it stands to reason that our respective protectorates should play nice and not kill each other.

xoxo,
Impero
[/quote]

No animosity from here dude, just stating the obvious that we'll defend ourselves.

Cheers.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='04 April 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1270437904' post='2248307']
No animosity from here dude, just stating the obvious that we'll defend ourselves.

Cheers.
[/quote]

And I do hope it doesn't come to blows. I will always try the diplomatic approach first, I'm just hoping you'll do the same.

For too long now have we seen a drastic swing in public approval over tech raiding. A change that began as early as the conclusion to the Karma War, the "Era of Good Feelings" has shaped the minds of many young and prospective rulers across these lands. Why do we see this change? Well that's easy, guilt. The guilt of those who stood around during the days of The Initiative and Continuum whom allowed tech raiding to flourish under the guise of power and total control over the world, with it's signatory alliances taking full advantage of this influence. Often times going beyond what most humble raiders would even dream of undertaking with The Woodstock Massacre and later with the slaughter of CIS nations. These individuals were silent during these times and the various instances of Tech Raiding "violations" that many cry about every day in this age, but why not then? They feel compelled now to right their wrongful silence by taking a stand to stamp out tech raiding as a whole. The reasons they give in public are surely honorable, but their aim and the means of which they use to pursue their goals are not, bringing dishonor to their cause. It is a cruel irony that these individuals speak of sovereignty and their willingness to defend it when they readily invade the nations of those who practice raiding and attempt to enforce their own will upon the violators, citing "sovereignty" as their cause for crusade. Often times when the perceived problem had already been righted long before any third parties came to the table.

You threaten us and label us bullies, but that is an accusation that cuts both ways. Raiders are generally honest about the nature of our sport. We do not deny that we are pirates, thieves and warmongerers. However you will find that the pacifists argue they are speaking on behalf of the innocents without a voice, a bastion of justice and truth. But these very same individuals not only remained silent in the past, they have even demanded and accepted reparations from their defeated foes! Is this not also tech raiding? There is no difference between a single nation on nation tech raid and an Alliance war demanding reparations from the defeated. You are using the political backing of your allies and the strength of your alliance over another to extort money and technology from the weak and defenseless. The means behind the two are one in the same, and the principles are hardly any different. Greed and a sense of entitlement. That is what this comes down to. Raiders feel entitled to the technology and land they plunder from the unaligned and weaker nations just as much as an alliance feels entitled to reparations for winning a war. In both situations, the weaker entity is the weaker entity due to their own ignorance or poor planning. They have reaped what they have sewn, but they also have a chance to learn from their mistakes which put them in the position to be raided or extorted in the first place. They will either learn or continue to make the mistakes that place them in such a position and that is no one's fault other than their own. This is a dog-eat-dog world as proven by both sides of this issue in various related incidents, people will need to learn to look after themselves or perish. If they can't handle the risks of being unaligned, then they will fold. And justly so, as, I am loathe to say this, the strong will survive. And for someone to interfere with the natural course of civilization as we know it in this realm is to interfere with the work of the Almighty Admin.

I am tired of all these delusions of grandeur and ulterior motives behind this sudden spark responsible for the rising of many to the cause of moralists today. You all may need to redeem yourselves so you can sleep better at night, but I have nothing to repent for and I sleep just fine. For these reasons and more, I support your declaration, SWAT. It is an important action to take in a world where words tend to do the battling for our ideas rather than gunpowder and lead. Raiders everywhere need to stand strong, for we should not and will not give up our rights to the seas. The sons of plunder aren't going anywhere, and I'll be damned if I waive my right and ability to carry out the Almighty's work.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1270439570' post='2248361']

Raiders are generally honest about the nature of our sport. We do not deny that we are pirates, thieves and warmongerers.
[/quote]

Nothing else really needs to be said. Except it's hilarious how you claim we're the bullies as well for trying to protect and help the new nations you guys are attacking for no good reason, then hide behind the facade that we're not really doing it for them. It's honestly quite laughable. In fact, I'm laughing.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1270441783' post='2248543']
Nothing else really needs to be said. Except it's hilarious how you claim we're the bullies as well for trying to protect and help the new nations you guys are attacking for no good reason, then hide behind the facade that we're not really doing it for them. It's honestly quite laughable. In fact, I'm laughing.
[/quote]

You aren't. This is entirely a public relations stunt. If you really wanted to lend a hand to the victims of raiding, you'd intervene militarily. Instead you're content to let it appear that you are accomplishing something on paper when in reality nothing will change nor would you want it to change. Tech Raiding is an all too convenient excuse these days to rally troops to your misguided cause and it would be foolish to remove the most effective means of stirring the emotions of the ignorant or biased for your personal crusades. Like Walford before you, you will fail. But you're certainly welcome to make an attempt to prove me wrong. And I hope you do. If it shuts up the moralists about raiding I'll owe you my thanks.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='05 April 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1270442815' post='2248601']
You aren't. This is entirely a public relations stunt. If you really wanted to lend a hand to the victims of raiding, you'd intervene militarily. Instead you're content to let it appear that you are accomplishing something on paper when in reality nothing will change nor would you want it to change. Tech Raiding is an all too convenient excuse these days to rally troops to your misguided cause and it would be foolish to remove the most effective means of stirring the emotions of the ignorant or biased for your personal crusades. Like Walford before you, you will fail. But you're certainly welcome to make an attempt to prove me wrong. And I hope you do. If it shuts up the moralists about raiding I'll owe you my thanks.
[/quote]

Your "outrage" is amusing. We've already messages hundreds of nations whom are being raided to offer our support and to try and get their war to end. Following that we offer them free aid and a temporary home while letting them know of what alliances are out there for them to join as well as how best to build their nation. Military action isn't the only way to handle any case, but if it does need to come to that with some then so be it. We aren't seeking the fight, we're seeking to help.

It's hilarious how you call it a misguided cause and yet call your own kind [quote]pirates, thieves and warmongerers[/quote]

And yes, I actually am laughing at that fact.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1270443270' post='2248626']
Your "outrage" is amusing. We've already messages hundreds of nations whom are being raided to offer our support and to try and get their war to end. Following that we offer them free aid and a temporary home while letting them know of what alliances are out there for them to join as well as how best to build their nation. Military action isn't the only way to handle any case, but if it does need to come to that with some then so be it. We aren't seeking the fight, we're seeking to help.

It's hilarious how you call it a misguided cause and yet call your own kind

[/quote]

We have the common decency to not order other people to behave like us. I guess that is what sets us apart.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='05 April 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1270443700' post='2248651']
We have the common decency to not order other people to behave like us. I guess that is what sets us apart.
[/quote]

Having you speak about decency after what you just called yourself is hilarious.

Edit: Having you speak about decency when you willingly attack any nation whom has done nothing wrong to you for as long as you please is even moreso. But hey, as long as they're unaligned or don't have allies right?

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1270443934' post='2248661']
Having you speak about decency after what you just called yourself is hilarious.
[/quote]

Honor isn't limited to the moralists. I am a Man of the Almighty, and I do my work with honor for my victims and I respect those who disagree with my views. However I have never went to my political adversary's doorstep and ordered them to submit to my beliefs. You personally may not have done this either, but many supporters of your cause have and will do so. It is you and your ilk who has no room to speak of decency when you're actions are hypocritical to the pretty words you say about justice. I will never take your cause seriously so long as it's most vehement supporters are as corrupt as they make the raiders out to be. You act upon your own personal desires no more than we do. You can not fool me into believing otherwise.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='05 April 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1270444393' post='2248676']
Honor isn't limited to the moralists. I am a Man of the Almighty, and I do my work with honor for my victims and I respect those who disagree with my views. However I have never went to my political adversary's doorstep and ordered them to submit to my beliefs. You personally may not have done this either, but many supporters of your cause have and will do so. It is you and your ilk who has no room to speak of decency when you're actions are hypocritical to the pretty words you say about justice. I will never take your cause seriously so long as it's most vehement supporters are as corrupt as they make the raiders out to be. You act upon your own personal desires no more than we do. You can not fool me into believing otherwise.
[/quote]

You really don't get it. You force your will on others whenever you attack them for no good reason. You force them to accept that you're in the right and they've got a choice to accept peace or keep being pounded, again for no good reason. How you believe you have honor while doing this is laughable at best.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1270439570' post='2248361']
Post.
[/quote]
While a fantastic example of poor writing, that bundle of crap is pretty meaningless when compared against the personal histories of the individuals behind this pact.

You're free to give it another whirl if you'd like.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 April 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1270443270' post='2248626']

It's hilarious how you call it a misguided cause and yet call your own kind

[/quote]
WarriorConcept, just for context, how many of those hundreds of nations you have messaged were being raided by \m/?