Terror in FB

baskan1

The people were hostile. No the people were furious in front of the capital. The guards could not stop them. They broke into the palace and murdered Kaliknov in cold blood. The citizens of The Federation of Baskan were fighting against each other. The loyalists against the Revolutionaries. Lots and lots of fighting occurred, but the Revolutionaries had won the battle. This surprising uproar in violence took place in less than 2 days. With the country in turmoil and no government established. They turned to their long time protectors before Kaliknov had taken over, The Kingdom of Cochin. They requested that the KoC take control of the lands formally known as The Federation of Baskan.

OOC:Sorry guys. School took over, and i wasn't the best RP'er anyway. I was kinda bored of it. Maybe I'll return once more at a later date.

The 5th Infantry Division has moved into Baskan to establish Cochin Chinese Protectorate until the long term fate of the region could be determined. The Kingdom of Cochin is attempting to contact the People's Republic of China to assist the Kingdom in determining the possible course for the land.

*** Private ***

To: People's Republic of China

Since the PRC has sovereignty of the remaining territories of the previous Cochin Chinese Protectorate we wish to enquire if PRC is interested in integrating the territories of former Federation of Baskan into its territory?

Yours Sincerely,

HRH Vikram Kerala Varma,
Crown Prince,
Kingdom of Cochin.

*** End ***

"Captain, why is it always us who have to establish these protectorates? Last year it was Burma and now China. Why always us, Cap?"

The question from the Sergeant broke the monotony of travel in the truck and woke up the Captain commanding the Platoon.

"What can I say Patel Sahab, the Mahar Regiment is in Dhaka, thus we are near to the place. I guess that must be a reason why we are sent so often."

"Sir, but the 3rd Infantry, 6th Mech, 4th Cav and the 4th Shock are also nearby!! Why can't they be sent to China?"

"What happened, Sarge? Why so bitter?"

"My daughter's marriage engagement is next month. If I am not there, how would things be arranged?"

"Come on Patel Sir, your wife is the Chaiman of Welfare Association at the Regimental Base. I am sure she would only consider it heaven sent that you are not there to mess things up for the preparation."

"Aah, I should have listened to the Colonel and taken the early retirement rather than hear officers, only as old as my son, to chide me. But seriously, why us and not one of those units?"

"Sarge, our regiment is light, it is fast and it is not overtly as threatening as an entire Mechanized Division or an Armored Brigade. For maintaining peace, it is an infantry function and we are the best to do so. We are also in our best position, training wise and doctrine wise to assist the population in their time of transition. Anyway dont worry Patel Sahab, after the cancellation of Lhasa Doctrine by Baskan Govt it is unlikely that we would have anything more to do with them. Mark my words, within a few weeks we would return to Dhaka and the region would belong to PRC. You would be in time to attend your daughter's engagement. By the way, I think we are actually lucky for getting these deployments. At least we are in active duty and getting to see a lot of new places!"

"New places? Aaah, curses of a long army life. It is always the same for me, everywhere. Same tents, same camps, same marches, only the scenmery changes and before one can get to enjoy that the bullets start flying. I guess it is really time I retired."

The truck moved on steadily as in the cabin the lull of sleep once again conquered the soldiers on their travel to yet another deployment.

[quote name='king of cochin' date='04 April 2010 - 08:48 AM' timestamp='1270370919' post='2247402']
*** Private ***

To: People's Republic of China

Since the PRC has sovereignty of the remaining territories of the previous Cochin Chinese Protectorate we wish to enquire if PRC is interested in integrating the territories of former Federation of Baskan into its territory?

Yours Sincerely,

HRH Vikram Kerala Varma,
Crown Prince,
Kingdom of Cochin.

*** End ***
[/quote]

*Private to the Kingdom of Cochin*

"We are interested in these territories very much. We are ready to deploy forces immediately."

-PRC Foreign Secretary

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='04 April 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1270396265' post='2247555']
*Private to the Kingdom of Cochin*

"We are interested in these territories very much. We are ready to deploy forces immediately."

-PRC Foreign Secretary
[/quote]

* Private to PRC *

Excellent. We are sure that the People's Republic would do justice to the hopes and aspirations of the people of this region. The 5th Infantry Regiment shall withdraw from the area as soon as it establishes contact with the leading PRC units integrating the land.

-Minister of External Affairs,
Kingdom of Cochin.