Announcement from \m/

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='03 April 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1270325923' post='2246775']
I think it is a reference to UJW

Just to be sure it is in the open, \m/ is so over all of that.

We wish TPF nothing but the best.
[/quote]
See confusion is what happens when one says "you did x" when it wasn't me, but someone else that was in the alliance a year before I joined in a war I didn't fight. Even more confusion when the comment makes no sense toward the criticism I gave y'all which could easily be addressed by adding an amendment "19 or less and no treaties". "what are you going to do about it" threats seem absurd considering we allow raiding as well... ol penk.

Edited by mhawk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1270411523' post='2247773']
Almighty Admin doesn't even recognize alliances until they are 20 members strong at least. We're just following his standards.
[/quote]
That's quite a logical fallacy -- and quite arrogant, too -- putting yourself on the same level as someone who inhabits a different plane of existence with laws and limits quite different from we mortal men.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' date='04 April 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1270413622' post='2247801']
Perhaps you will follow your own charter this time? It may be a good idea... :)
[/quote]
What? How can you say that after the last time we broke the charter it worked out so well for us :P

[quote name='Doitzel' date='04 April 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1270412660' post='2247793']
That's quite a logical fallacy -- and quite arrogant, too -- putting yourself on the same level as someone who inhabits a different plane of existence with laws and limits quite different from we mortal men.
[/quote]
\m/ has spent a tremendous amount of money on therapists trying to cure Marx's god syndrome. Any chance we could out source him to the Jedi for mind bending?

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' date='04 April 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1270413622' post='2247801']
Perhaps you will follow your own charter this time? It may be a good idea... :)
[/quote]
Yes, because clearly we received the worst end of the deal the last time our charter was called into question, and it ended exceedingly well for those who chose to meddle. Now, with that in mind, may I suggest something? I would humbly suggest those who want to posture at our expense to keep it to them selves, as I'm quite positive there are exceedingly few alliances that has never made a questionable decision in their time, and I'm quite confident people are more willing to learn from their actions when they don't have a gaggle of monkeys bringing out stuff that has been resolved for a long time now.

Edited by Atanatar

[quote name='Doitzel' date='04 April 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1270412660' post='2247793']
[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1270411523' post='2247773']
Almighty Admin doesn't even recognize alliances until they are 20 members strong at least. We're just following his standards.[/quote]That's quite a logical fallacy -- and quite arrogant, too -- putting yourself on the same level as someone who inhabits a different plane of existence with laws and limits quite different from we mortal men.

[/quote]
I'd have thought that today, of all days, was the day to say exactly what Emperor Marx said, but then you knew that, didn't you?

Nice one. :)

Edited by Tautology

[quote name='Taishaku' date='04 April 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1270419626' post='2247925']
"You will not declare war on a nation within an alliance. \m/ defines an alliance as any group of nations with more than 19 members."

o/ Avoiding a Third Unjust War
[/quote]

We'd love to avoid it but I'm sure somebody will invent a reason for one sooner or later. This is just us making our best effort.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='04 April 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1270411523' post='2247773']
Almighty Admin doesn't even recognize alliances until they are 20 members strong at least. We're just following his standards.
[/quote]

You are wrong there. Almighty Admin doesn't have them listed in the top 6 pages, but when it says "Alliance Affiliation" and states a name followed by some screens which show your alliance stats, that shows a recognition of an alliance.

[quote name='Taishaku' date='04 April 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1270419626' post='2247925']
"You will not declare war on a nation within an alliance. \m/ defines an alliance as any group of nations with more than 19 members."

o/ Avoiding a Third Unjust War
[/quote]

o/ Empty threats.

Do better.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='04 April 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1270414078' post='2247809']
What? How can you say that after the last time we broke the charter it worked out so well for us :P
[/quote]

LOL, I suppose it did

[quote name='Atanatar' date='04 April 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1270414359' post='2247811']
Yes, because clearly we received the worst end of the deal the last time our charter was called into question, and it ended exceedingly well for those who chose to meddle. Now, with that in mind, may I suggest something? I would humbly suggest those who want to posture at our expense to keep it to them selves, as I'm quite positive there are exceedingly few alliances that has never made a questionable decision in their time, and I'm quite confident people are more willing to learn from their actions when they don't have a gaggle of monkeys bringing out stuff that has been resolved for a long time now.
[/quote]

Sometimes those monkey's have a point to prove my friend, random reminders of the past are a good thing =)

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='05 April 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1270501497' post='2249523']
Charter's way too long.
[/quote]
Over 3100 words and over 18000 characters which is about 6 1/2 pages long, and they are far from beating OSA's "Source Code" in charter length. which currently sits at 43 pages.

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='05 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1270509080' post='2249674']
My proposal for the charter was 3 lines on elections, and a girl in a bikini.
[/quote]
That likely would have been one of the best charters in history.

Edited by Vesalius

[quote name='montypython' date='06 April 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1270574965' post='2250477']
I recently talked to some of \m/ and by unanimous decision, they have voted to kill EmperorMarx. Sorry Marx, that's just how it goes nowadays. I'm sure the rest of your alliance will begin tech raiding you now-ish. :laugh:
[/quote]
It is a little known fact that \m/ practices cannibalism.

[quote name='Atanatar' date='06 April 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1270532479' post='2250096']
Indeed, we create excessively long documents so we have plausible deniability should we fark it up :D
[/quote]

The truth comes out! :o Actually, this classic strategy has been adopted by every alliance. Most charter verbage is open for interpretation, and can easily be bent to meet the needs and goals of the interpreter.

Good luck to ya, \m/ :D

[quote name='montypython' date='06 April 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1270574965' post='2250477']
I recently talked to some of \m/ and by unanimous decision, they have voted to kill EmperorMarx. Sorry Marx, that's just how it goes nowadays. I'm sure the rest of your alliance will begin tech raiding you now-ish. :laugh:
[/quote]

I even voted to kill myself. [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/97mmfc.jpg[/IMG]