Federation of Buccaneers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='02 April 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1270260511' post='2246105']
If either Stormsend or Tamerlane was encouraged to join FoB, I would have to say that that's about the best thing an ally can do for another. Stormsend is an experienced small alliance leader and diplomat, and Tamerlane used to be MK's MoF, back about 2 years ago. Sending active and talented members to help an alliance gutted of government back on its feet, at the expense of losing active and talented members from your own alliance, is about the most selfless and loyal act I can think of. That said, I have no idea if Stormsend or Tamerlane was encouraged to go or if they just chose to go help out a MK ally in need. Either way, I don't think it can be argued that it's a bad thing. Certainly, an alliance cannot function without any people doing work for it. :psyduck:
[/quote]

I can agree with these sentiments. MK this was awfully cool of you all.

[quote name='Choader' date='02 April 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1270257118' post='2245998']
Ask your government why it became permanent.
[/quote]
Let me guess, it had to do with the fact that we actually tried to keep our friends from beating the !@#$ out of each other instead of just skipping town on half of them? Because MK did what we always do and tried to help out Polar instead of just jumping on a side without a second though?

[quote name='AirMe' date='02 April 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1270259445' post='2246072']
Choader, having founded an alliance, I wouldn't leave Ronin if someone paid me. You lost what ever rights you had to FoB when you left. A parent never leaves it's baby behind no matter what the circumstances. If you weren't so blood thirty in your abandonment of your membership you wouldn't have anything to complain about. A substantial amount of time has passed and you still haven't returned to FoB.
[/quote]

Oh man Airme you forgot to somehow blame PC for this, you're slipping :rolleyes:

I wish FoB all the best, good luck guys. :awesome:

Man Shinpah, Tamerlane, and co., this is a good-looking charter.

Even though it seems to have already died down, I would like to echo my comrades in imploring them to not clutter up what should be a happy occasion. I, for one, love all of you jerks.

o/ FoB - Welcome back from the brink.

Hi Shinpah1!

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='02 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270261797' post='2246128']
I can agree with these sentiments. MK this was awfully cool of you all.
[/quote]
It was probably all done with good intentions. Its just disappointing in the same way old gremlins are disappointed in what their old alliance is today, but they can do whatever they want.

[quote name='Derwood1' date='02 April 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1270264033' post='2246166']
Oh man Airme you forgot to somehow blame PC for this, you're slipping :rolleyes:

I wish FoB all the best, good luck guys. :awesome:
[/quote]

No reason to. You aren't at fault.

[quote name='Smacky' date='02 April 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1270264647' post='2246201']
Hi Shinpah1!

It was probably all done with good intentions. Its just disappointing in the same way old gremlins are disappointed in what their old alliance is today, but they can do whatever they want.
[/quote]

I wasn't be sarcastic, MK sending members to help FOB is [i]legit [/i]really cool.

[quote name='Choader' date='02 April 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1270254718' post='2245933']
What the $%&@, why do you find it necessary to slander your alliance's founders in a charter announcement?
[/quote]
I don't think it's technically slander when it's true.

[quote name='Smacky' date='02 April 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1270264647' post='2246201']
Hi Shinpah1!

[/quote]
Are you implying you got run out of the alliance or something?

For me, this is more like TSO running out on MCXA, in that virtually the whole government left. As a gov't, both as a member of it, and especially as a whole, you have a responsibility to make it work; that's why you're government. You especially have no room to complain about your replacements when you left while we were discussing courses of action. Speaking of which, I'm not quite sure what the sad difference is between FoB before you left and FoB now. What's sad is that you left Shinpah as the only active government member in a situation where clearly FoB was likely to go to war. To leave such a workload is, quite frankly, dick.

Anyway, good luck in PC.

[quote name='Choader' date='02 April 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1270258130' post='2246033']
What's funny is all of you claiming FoB was wronged are from MK, that speaks volumes right there doesn't it. ;)
[/quote]

What speaks volumes (for me, at least) is the fact that you still have not returned to FoB DESPITE their direct involvement in a separate conflict. You had your peace with PC and NpO, yet still you remain in PC. Quite obviously, you want to remain there, a choice I could respect IF you hadn't gutted your original alliance in the process. When you are elected to gov't, you are responsible for everyone in your alliance. At least have the decency to stay until the end of your term or until such a time as when responsibility could be shifted safely and legally over. You mentioned FoB being a sinking ship-of course it was! You left with almost all of the government! If I were FoB membership, I would be incredibly betrayed. For you to be upset with the terminology used in the OP is just ridiculous; you made your bed, lie in it.

Also, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet, so I'll throw it out there. I remember your post about the issues of Foreign Entanglements, and how constraining they can be. You left FoB, and by doing that also left all of us at CnG. That's the way and MADP Bloc works. You can't leave one without leaving the other. To me, CnG is the greatest group of people I have met in this game. The day I leave CnG is the day I quit this game. I know many who feel the same way.

I guess my overall point is what you (and the rest of ex-FoB gov't) did was not only incredibly dangerous to the stability of the alliance you once called home, not only extremely irresponsible actions from the government, but a choice. You chose PC over people who raised you (MK) and people who took you in to our brotherhood (CnG). I would have liked to think that would have meant something.

Also, a huge shoutout to Shinpah. You, sir, are the man. There are very few who could've done what you did to save your alliance. FoB is lucky to have you as their leader. I know you'll do great things.

o/ FoB!
o/ CnG!

[quote name='Choader' date='02 April 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1270254718' post='2245933']
What the $%&@, why do you find it necessary to slander your alliance's founders in a charter announcement?
[/quote]

Why did you feel it necessary to abandon your alliance right as a war was starting? Surely, being government in your alliance, you had the say of who you went to war with?

Also, I agree with Geoffron X, and as much as I never thought I would be saying it, I agree with Londo as well.

[quote name='Choader' date='03 April 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1270258527' post='2246047']
No, but it's a good try. I don't need to argue anything because apparently our definitions of "at war" and "not at war" are not the same, so there's little use in comparing them. If you consider a skirmish between three alliances that was never intended to escalate being "at war" for FoB then I have little use in discussing it with you.

And no, MK is not the root of all evil. Not by a long shot. Despite an unfortunate falling out I still respect MK for what it is, but not for everything it does.

No one has yet denied Stormsend and Tammerlane were encouraged by their superiors to join FoB and "reorganize" it. There's no rebuttal?
[/quote]
Stormsends telling of events is quite accurate. It is completely irrational and childish of you to take what was an honest portrayal of events as a personal offense. Y[b]ou left the alliance with[/b] [b]ONE leader[/b], [b]no working bank, a dead stopped FA situation, and made absolutely no attempt to rejoin following the cessation of hostilities[/b] When one takes all of these facts into account, then nothing Stormsend said is, as Seerow put it, factually incorrect. You left, things changed. Deal with it. There was no judgement to your character in his telling of things and no reason for offense. As to Stormsend's and my rationales for joining, as if they were any of your business to ponder after you abandoned FoB and left it with nothing, I will at least elaborate on mine.

I have been for C&G as an institution since its inception. Witnessing brother alliances fall behind the pack has never been something I have enjoyed. My tenure as LHT was filled with attempts to help out MK's longest standing friend, =LOST=, by developing a sound banking system. For a time after I retired, I toyed with the idea of joining =LOST= and assisting them with developing a bank but I did not have the time to do it. Lately, I have had more time to work itg and decided it was time I got off my $@!.

While I am certainly not going to claim to be the financial genius my protege Azaghul was, I do believe that I have something to offer FoB. So, to be perfectly clear, I approached Shinpah and offered my service and experience on my own volition. Did Archon or any MK government ask me to join FoB? No. They were enthusiastic about my intentions but by no means told me or expected me to leave MK. Leaving an alliance I had been a member of for the past 2 years was not a light decision and if you think your slanderous and baseless accusations as to my intentions have done anything but piss me off to no end, you are wrong.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='03 April 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1270293470' post='2246454']
Hey. Let's all be nice. This is supposed to be the return of extremely high levels of awesome and entertainment.
[/quote]

That's not nearly as interesting as watching current and former members verbally stab each other in the organs for our public amusement. More personal outrage, please.

As fer the OP, now thar be nice new shiny codes for some of them gentlemen o' fortune to rub their doubloons together by.

Arr