Grassy Plains N' Such

Lord Zephyr

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/iamthey/grasslandsflag.png[/IMG] [/center]
[center][size="6"][b]The Great Nation of Grassy Plains N Such[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Official Declaration of Existence[/b]
[i]Mombasa, Kenya[/i]
A tall magnificently bearded black man in a military uniform walked up to a podium set in the middle of the flag in the background(see picture). Cameras flashed and there was an applause from the crowd in front of the podium.

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Most of the good people of the nation that I am now declaring to existence know my name, but for the grand scheme of things, i.e. the world, many do not. My name is General Abraham Lincoln and for the past months I have rallied my people to get together and form a nation that they deserve to have. We have reached a consensus that we will be called Grassy Plains N Such. A wonderful name I believe.

Now I must make those of my nation cry, for I know that they wish for me to rule this wonderful land. Alas my friends I am not fit to be your leader."

A good number of the crowd gasped at this announcement, there were murmurs and many people looked confused.

"That position must go to a being much greater than I. One who is wise beyond his years and will guide you all to a bright future. I give you, General Mao." Lincoln moved away from the podium and started clapping, in anticipation the crowd haphazardly clapped with him. Up the stairs on the side of the stage walked an orange tabby cat. Most people didn't notice it until it climbed on top of the podium and meowed into the mike. Many of the gathering raised an eyebrow and more than one "What the..." was uttered. The cat then nodded to the people and left the stand then walked off platform. When Lincoln walked back into the spotlight a person yelled, "Wheres Mao? He never came on stage."

"Obviously Mao is a very busy cat and has many important things to do now that the nation is finally set up. Do not fret my people, I will be acting as his second in command for you to watch and hear when he is too busy to make an official statement himself. I have worked with General Mao for many years now and this would not be possible without him. I hope that you will accept him as I have and help him build a better future for us all.

And now that I have addressed my people I will turn to the rest of the world. Some of the older nations may have some curiosities about us. I am here to answer all questions that they may have, but before so I shall address a few main issues to possibly keep a few questions at bay. First and foremost we are located in the UMS-NOD(OOC:If its just one or the other I'll fix it later) protectorate in the old old nation of Kenya. The city we are broadcasting from is Mombasa. I have representatives from both nations to confirm that this is not a hostile take over. The paperwork and proper channels have all been gone through. You have no need to worry about us being a threat to the peace in Africa. Now that you all know where we are we can get down to the real business.

We are first and foremost a Dictatorship. That doesn't mean that the people have no say in the government, but Democracy, though righteous and bold, is slow and can cause great divisions amongst the populous. If its any condolence the people have the power to usurp General Mao and I at any time if they so wish, and I would not be talking to you right now if it wasn't for the people before me right now." He waves his hand over the crowd for effect. A few cheers were heard along with a brief moment of clapping. "General Mao is the Head of state and Military. I am second in command of the military, and another one of my friends of whom the people have actually heard of here, John Henry Eden, is the Prime Minister." A white man in a suit sitting in a chair next to the stage stood. His hair was short, Brown and combed to the right. His smile was wonderful with perfect white teeth. He nodded to Lincoln, the crowd cheered again, and he sat down.

"As the second in command to the military I will be dealing with all diplomatic issues relating to this country. John will be dealing with the inner workings of our nation, and General Mao will be the final decision maker. I pledge to defend this nation from the evils of this world to the fullest of my ability. If there are any more specific questions you may send them to my office, and for now our diplomatic door is open. Any and all representatives from friendly nations are welcome.

Thank you for your time and may our great nation live long and prosper!"

General Abraham Lincoln walked off the stage while the crowd roared applause. John Henry Eden stood and walked away with him to a black limousine. They waved to the crowd which was still cheering vehemently as they walked to the car.

---------

[i]In Matthews Head(Private)[/i]

Matthew sat and smiled charismatically at Lincolns performance. Ever since his project at the Temple Lands was derailed he was looking for something new to keep him entertained. While returning to Greater Pacifica where the last of the Zephyr family was hiding he stopped in Mombasa briefly where he met Lincoln. A few cold drinks later and he was campaigning as the Prime Minister of a new nation under the guise of John Henry Eden. Lincoln had been trying unsuccessfully for years to rally the people together under one banner. It wasn't for lack of success, when he first met Matthew he had a growing group of supporters, but for lack of resources. Lincoln wasn't a rich man, he traveled by foot for most of his life, moving from town to town preaching his message. He earned many friends along his journey, but it was slow, and when he returned to some of the towns he had started in they hadn't accomplished much. He had just about given up when Matthew came along. Matthew heard him speaking and saw his talent to grab peoples attention. Matthew with his near unlimited resources granted him his one wish. With rapid spread of propaganda and broad casted speeches throughout the area Lincoln finally got the momentum he needed.

"Definitely not as hypnotic as Thomas was, but certainly more vocal and attention grabbing." he thought.

When Lincoln mentioned his cat, General Mao, he had his doubts about the mans sanity, but Lincoln explained that he did not want to be on top. "I don't like it," He said, "its too much focus on one person. It should be on the people, not the leader." While Matthew didn't really have an opinion on the matter, he agreed with him and thus General Mao was elected Head of State.

When asked later by the press about the cat Lincoln's only remark was, "Hes a smart cat."

Edited by Lord Zephyr

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='01 April 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1270178527' post='2244823']
We welcome this new regime, but we will be keeping our eyes watching your nation. We also request a formal summit.
[/quote]
Of course, I can go there or you can come here, which ever you prefer.

Greater Pacifica approves of this feline regime and its associated lack of empathy, as well as its apolitical government. Excellent values indeed. We extend our recognition, and wish them well.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='01 April 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1270179160' post='2244848']
Perhaps in your newly formed country would be a great idea. After all, one should become accustomed to doing business in their own country.
[/quote]
Wonderful, we await your arrival.

[quote name='iamthey' date='01 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1270179232' post='2244851']
Greater Pacifica approves of this feline regime and its associated lack of empathy, as well as its apolitical government. Excellent values indeed. We extend our recognition, and wish them well.
[/quote]
"Thank you, we appreciate your support and wish your nation well too."

OOC: XD
IC:

While we were inclined to initiate friendly relations with Grassy Plains N' Such, opponents to such a policy managed to show [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo"]this[/url] video during a council meeting and as a result Selenarctos has decided not to recognize Grassy Plains N' Such so long as the cat General Mao remains in power.

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='02 April 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1270269817' post='2246282']
"Will the Sudanese Republic be allowed to send a representative to this upcoming summit?"
[/quote]
"That depends on when we hear back from UMS. I have no problem with it." General Lincoln, head of the military and diplomatic affairs, says.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='05 April 2010 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1270480694' post='2249127']
NTR raised their eyebrows at the name. "We welcome this new country to the world."
[/quote]

OOC: the name, the name is what gets your attention... lawlz

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='06 April 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1270591565' post='2250763']
"We welcome this interesting nation to the world with mild interest."
[/quote]
"We acknowledge your interesting welcome with mild interest."

Edited by Lord Zephyr

[quote name='Lynneth' date='06 April 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1270595150' post='2250840']
"We interest ourselves mildly in this nation and would like to welcome them with mild food, mild beer and mild acknowledgement."
[/quote]
General Lincoln was busy at the moment, so General Mao took the time to organize this response. "Meow?"

OOC: Ok I got this sprung on me last minute but I'm going to be gone for the next five days... Yea