The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the LUEnited Nations

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...You're kidding me, right? First, Vanguard goes and announces a treaty with an alliance we're at war with, then you two go and dissolve your alliances and "merge" into this without even talking to us? I came to ask you about it and got told to calm my butt down and celebrate because "We still love STA a lot, please don't be mad, we wanted it to be a secret."

You know, we have been there for you through absolutely everything since we put our names on paper together. We are sick and tired of being walked over and treated like "Oh, that's just STA. They'll ALWAYS be there for us!" Screw you guys. We signed a treaty with MK. Not with LUE. Enjoy the reactions to your surprise. I hope it was worth it.

[quote name='baskan' date='01 April 2010 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1270100672' post='2243324']
Did anyone notice this was posted at midnight server time?? making this well idk APRIL 1ST??!!
[/quote]

The date is irrelevant, all that matters now is that the end is near.

[quote name='pezstar' date='01 April 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1270101522' post='2243350']
...You're kidding me, right? First, Vanguard goes and announces a treaty with an alliance we're at war with, then you two go and dissolve your alliances and "merge" into this without even talking to us? I came to ask you about it and got told to calm my butt down and celebrate because "We still love STA a lot, please don't be mad, we wanted it to be a secret."

You know, we have been there for you through absolutely everything since we put our names on paper together. We are sick and tired of being walked over and treated like "Oh, that's just STA. They'll ALWAYS be there for us!" Screw you guys. We signed a treaty with MK. Not with LUE. Enjoy the reactions to your surprise. I hope it was worth it.
[/quote]
Reeks of "fake drama planned to give credence to April Fool's joke". You're in cahoots, the lot of yah.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='01 April 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1270101683' post='2243354']
Reeks of "fake drama planned to give credence to April Fool's joke". You're in cahoots, the lot of yah.
[/quote]

You're right, and it's all part of the grander plan to set up Athens to be rolled, now that IRON and TOP are done with. This master plan will come to fruition within approximately 6 months.

Now if we're done with crazy conspiracy theories can we go back to celebrating the rebirth of one of CN's oldest and most influential alliances?

Simply for irony's sake

Archon: DoE of MK
[quote]And lastly, a brief OOC comment. If you’re going to read any part of this post, this would be that part. Despite what some may have heard, this is not a LUE alliance. Yes, it has some former LUEsers in it. As does the New Pacific Order, the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving, \m/, and so on. We will not be *saLUEte*ing, we will not be sporting LUEshi or the LUE ingame flag, and we will not be recruiting from either GameFAQs LUE nor LUELinks. There are those who play this game with access to both boards, and they can verify at their own leisure that no such topics have been, or will be, created. This is what me and kamichi wished we could have done with LUE, but were far too late to actually engineer. As far as the domain on which our offsites are located, well, we wanted SMF and it would be stupid to pay money for a domain when we’ve already got one. It’s bros’ so why not use it? If any of you have any doubts or concerns as to this claim, I ask that you please voice them, so that they may be addressed in a logical manner. Thank you. Oh, and as for the name – it was Helsbecter’s idea. Blame him. :P[/quote]

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='01 April 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1270101683' post='2243354']
[/quote]

I wish. This post was the first we heard of this. I take that back. A couple of months ago, there was some talk of Vanguard and MK merging, but it hadn't been spoken of since. When this was posted, I started querying just to make sure it's a joke, and apparently, it's not. I guess we'll all see tomorrow, but I can't see why folks who are usually 100% straight with me would sit there and lie to me while I am clearly very much not kidding.

[quote name='pezstar' date='31 March 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1270101522' post='2243350']

[/quote]
I hope you know how funny you are.

[quote name='Seerow' date='01 April 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1270101842' post='2243357']
You're right, and it's all part of the grander plan to set up Athens to be rolled, now that IRON and TOP are done with. This master plan will come to fruition within approximately 6 months.

Now if we're done with crazy conspiracy theories can we go back to celebrating the rebirth of one of CN's oldest and most influential alliances?
[/quote]
Oooooooh whatever. If you lot didn't want these theories thrown around, you could have announced this thing at any other time. But you didn't. You decided to announce it on April Fool's Day, in the midst of war no less. :P

[quote name='pezstar' date='01 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1270101888' post='2243359']
I wish. This post was the first we heard of this. I take that back. A couple of months ago, there was some talk of Vanguard and MK merging, but it hadn't been spoken of since. When this was posted, I started querying just to make sure it's a joke, and apparently, it's not. I guess we'll all see tomorrow, but I can't see why folks who are usually 100% straight with me would sit there and lie to me while I am clearly very much not kidding.
[/quote]

with friends like these... amirite?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='01 April 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1270101873' post='2243358']
Simply for irony's sake

Archon: DoE of MK
[/quote]
We were just biding our time

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='01 April 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1270102021' post='2243366']
Oooooooh whatever. If you lot didn't want these theories thrown around, you could have announced this thing at any other time. But you didn't. You decided to announce it on April Fool's Day, in the midst of war no less. :P
[/quote]

Someone else already pointed out how funny it is to us to see everyone writing it off as an april fool's joke, so I have no problem reitterating it.

But that isn't going to change anyone's mind, time will show you the truth.

[quote name='pezstar' date='31 March 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1270101522' post='2243350']

[/quote]

Now why would you go and post this on a public forum? From what I've seen, STA is rather professional in its dealings. I would have thought that you would take your complaints to them privately instead of posting it here when it is announced. Heh. I suppose I'm going to timidly endorse savethecheerleader's speculations.

[quote name='Seerow' date='01 April 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1270102142' post='2243372']
Someone else already pointed out how funny it is to us to see everyone writing it off as an april fool's joke, so I have no problem reitterating it.

But that isn't going to change anyone's mind, time will show you the truth.
[/quote]
Meh, that was my first guess anyway (double doggy April Fools). I'm just saying don't ask people not to call shenanigans in a thread created specifically to look like aforementioned shenanigans.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='01 April 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1270102219' post='2243375']
Now why would you go and post this on a public forum? From what I've seen, STA is rather professional in its dealings. I would have thought that you would take your complaints to them privately instead of posting it here when it is announced. Heh. I suppose I'm going to timidly endorse savethecheerleader's speculations.
[/quote]

Because, frankly, we're getting really sick of our "friends" making huge changes that effect us without so much as letting us know, let alone asking how we feel about it. We found out that Vanguard signed a treaty with Stickmen when they announced it on these forums about 5 minutes after Stickmen declared war on us. We found out about some of the peace term negotiations from completely uninvolved parties, rather than the alliances in this announcement. Finally, we found out about this here. Everyone has a breaking point. This one is mine. If I want to rage publicly about an ally for once, I'm going to do it, especially when it is so well deserved.

[quote name='pezstar' date='31 March 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1270102455' post='2243378']
Because, frankly, we're getting really sick of our "friends" making huge changes that effect us without so much as letting us know, let alone asking how we feel about it. We found out that Vanguard signed a treaty with Stickmen when they announced it on these forums about 5 minutes after Stickmen declared war on us. We found out about some of the peace term negotiations from completely uninvolved parties, rather than the alliances in this announcement. Finally, we found out about this here. Everyone has a breaking point. This one is mine. If I want to rage publicly about an ally for once, I'm going to do it, especially when it is so well deserved.
[/quote]

Hmm. I suppose I can understand that sentiment (and I do have to ask about that treaty with the Stickmen again). However, I shall remain skeptical of this whole business until tomorrow.

[quote name='pezstar' date='01 April 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1270102455' post='2243378']
[/quote]

Look on the bright side. No more Vanguard - Stickmen treaty. :D

Edited by Scorbolt