The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the LUEnited Nations

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='01 April 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1270132430' post='2243705']
It is to me.

To reply to your edit, if it has something to do with LUE then I guess it was last used a long time ago. The point was that it's a new catchphrase for you guys to use, not that it's something original that you've just made up.
[/quote]
Or, it's just a common phrase used by humanity for at least the better part of the last 100 years....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='01 April 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1270132954' post='2243719']
Or, it's just a common phrase used by humanity for at least the better part of the last 100 years....
[/quote]
The point was that it's a new catchphrase for you guys to use, not that it's something original that you've just made up.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='01 April 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1270133022' post='2243720']
The point was that it's a new catchphrase for you guys to use, not that it's something original that you've just made up.
[/quote]

No need to repeat that sentence over and over again. What everyone is trying to tell you is that we never claimed to have "just made it up". It's been used here and there for ages, as well as the words "the" or "is" or [i]famous[/i] sentences like "Do something about it" or "please TOP, don't betray Grämlins".

Enjoy your thesaurus good sir. I'm not going to clog up your joke thread with finding all the places you directly lied about involvement or evaded questions about it from the start of the C&G front; I have some confidence in the ability of the other readers of these boards to remember them.

So, enjoy your last word (as I'm sure you will <_<) and try not to be too much of a clown under the MK flag.

[quote name='potato' date='01 April 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1270133403' post='2243728']
No need to repeat that sentence over and over again. What everyone is trying to tell you is that we never claimed to have "just made it up". It's been used here and there for ages, as well as the words "the" or "is" or [i]famous[/i] sentences like "Do something about it" or "please TOP, don't betray Grämlins".
[/quote]
Clearly there is need as you apparently still don't get it. I have not said that you are claiming to make it up, simply that it is your new (as in [i]the most recent[/i], again, I am not claiming that you invented it) catchphrase of choice. What's so hard to understand about that?

I don't know why you're bringing up other famous one-liners but for what it's worth I hate them too. It's no better than when NPO used to storm threads with o/s.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='01 April 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1270133841' post='2243741']
Clearly there is need as you apparently still don't get it. I have not said that you are claiming to make it up, simply that it is your new (as in [i]the most recent[/i], again, I am not claiming that you invented it) catchphrase of choice. What's so hard to understand about that?

I don't know why you're bringing up other famous one-liners but for what it's worth I hate them too. It's no better than when NPO used to storm threads with o/s.
[/quote]

Oh I get it. I just assumed you were implying a lot more of meaning than what you actually meant. Because pointing out "this is your new catch phrase" has very little sense and adds very little to the topic at hand. Unless you just wanted to play Captain Obvious and increase your post count.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='01 April 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1270133841' post='2243741']

[/quote]
Actually, LUE used it for quite some time. This isn't new to us

[quote name='potato' date='01 April 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1270134373' post='2243755']
Oh I get it. I just assumed you were implying a lot more of meaning than what you actually meant. Because pointing out "this is your new catch phrase" has very little sense and adds very little to the topic at hand. Unless you just wanted to play Captain Obvious and increase your post count.
[/quote]
I'm pointing out that the overuse of such catchphrases is sad, nerdy and annoying.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='01 April 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1270134996' post='2243769']
Reading helps ;)
[/quote]
:awesome:

I only read the bottom blurb of the OP. Having rectified this, I offer my most sincere congratulations on this auspicious occasion to my dear allies.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='02 April 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1270134621' post='2243762']
I'm pointing out that the overuse of such catchphrases is sad, nerdy and annoying.
[/quote]
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Listen, we know it's an April Fools joke because if it wasn't, it would have been announced on any other day but this one, precisely because they would want to be taken seriously.

Now can everyone calm down? I suggest those who aren't a fan or jokes, or LUE, or both, just leave.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='01 April 2010 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1270135441' post='2243775']
Listen, we know it's an April Fools joke because if it wasn't, it would have been announced on any other day but this one, precisely because they would want to be taken seriously.

Now can everyone calm down? I suggest those who aren't a fan or jokes, or LUE, or both, just leave.
[/quote]

Or maybe they found the idea of everyone saying 'lulz April fools!' only to be confronted with reality tomorrow amusing and announced it today precisely because they didn't want to be taken seriously. The mind boggles!

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='02 April 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1270135441' post='2243775']Listen, we know it's an April Fools joke because if it wasn't, it would have been announced on any other day but this one, precisely because they would want to be taken seriously.[/quote]
As someone else pointed out previously, the current incarnation of Gramlins announced their reformation on the 1st as well.

Just wait - this merger is no joke.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='01 April 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1270135441' post='2243775']
Listen, we know it's an April Fools joke because if it wasn't, it would have been announced on any other day but this one[/quote]

you dont get it

THATS THE JOKE

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='01 April 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1270135441' post='2243775']

[/quote]

Kevin, I thought you knew MK a bit better. I, personnally, as well as MK as a whole, think April Fool's jokes on CN are pretty terrible. The main reason we announced it today was to confuse the !@#$ out of everyone. I'm sorry I have to spell it out for everyone. This is as real as it gets: MK and Vanguard are merging.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='01 April 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1270135635' post='2243780']
Or maybe they found the idea of everyone saying 'lulz April fools!' only to be confronted with reality tomorrow amusing and announced it today precisely because they didn't want to be taken seriously. The mind boggles!
[/quote]

I will not get drawn into your conspiracy theories, I will not get drawn into your conspiracy theories, I will not...