The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1280427502' post='2394152']
Depends if you count NPO-FAN as 3 years (or however long that lasted)
[/quote]
NPO-FAN is without a doubt the longest war ever. This is still only 5th, and it's about 70 days off of 4th.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Holy Ruler' timestamp='1280421926' post='2394041']
This is still going on :P ?If this is considered a continuation of the TOP-CnG war, then it becomes the longest war ever, right?
[/quote]

Yes its technically a continuation of the BiPolar war, a conflict defined by insanity continues with insanity, and will most likely end with more insanity. Par for the course :P

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1280431434' post='2394241']
I agree with the idea that what's left of the Gramlins should be sanctioned. Also, raided.
[/quote]

Pretty hard to raid a nation with 0 soldiers, and that'll soon be the case for all but the top four and Matthew PK, who to his credit is fighting his way down.

This is now effectively over; with the exception of the aforementioned Matthew PK, every Gramlins nation is either at/near ZI and turtling (with at least a couple likely permanently bill-locked, sadly), or appears to have no interest in fighting. No need for sanctions or any other escalation...if there were a referee, this one would've been ruled a technical knockout some time ago.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1280433177' post='2394273']
Pretty hard to raid a nation with 0 soldiers, and that'll soon be the case for all but the top four and Matthew PK, who to his credit is fighting his way down.[/quote]
The same MPK that only nuked me twice during our round and turtled for the entire second half? That's "fighting his way down?"

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1280433177' post='2394273']
This is now effectively over; with the exception of the aforementioned Matthew PK, every Gramlins nation is either at/near ZI and turtling (with at least a couple likely permanently bill-locked, sadly), or appears to have no interest in fighting. No need for sanctions or any other escalation...if there were a referee, this one would've been ruled a technical knockout some time ago.
[/quote]

Cuckoo of Penile Island is fighting.

Many of them still have a lot of tech. Two weeks of not fighting means they can restock nukes, get out of anarchy, and be in a position to do more damage.

The few at the top who haven't been hit are still a risk, regardless. The alliance has 69,000 tech. The high tech was the only reason they were ever a threat, so until it's gone or the Gramlins come to their senses and agree to peace, I think IRON has to continue.

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1280433677' post='2394285']
The same MPK that only nuked me twice during our round and turtled for the entire second half? That's "fighting his way down?"
[/quote]

Heh, he's the only one that I've seen rebuying at any point, and it was earlier commented that he was putting up a fight. You'd know far better than I, though, so I'll retract that portion of the statement if it's incorrect.

[quote]Many of them still have a lot of tech. Two weeks of not fighting means they can restock nukes, get out of anarchy, and be in a position to do more damage.

The few at the top who haven't been hit are still a risk, regardless. The alliance has 69,000 tech. The high tech was the only reason they were ever a threat, so until it's gone or the Gramlins come to their senses and agree to peace, I think IRON has to continue.[/quote]

Definitely; no argument here that IRON should keep fighting until such a time as Gramlins takes peace. Point being that it's such an incredibly one-sided fight at this point (which is entirely Gramlins' doing) that it doesn't appear to be necessary to explore sanctions or any other such measures.

[quote name='Seipher Caim' timestamp='1280439105' post='2394385']
A bit sad to see the name of Grämlins now associated with a 12 men alliance, potential target of raids and mocked by the whole Planet Bob.... by their own fault...
GO IRON, finish the job and turn the page...[/quote]Indeed (I swear to God that I am not slightly ironic)
The alliance that set new standards of excellence is now fading away as a sad joke, an example of lunacy.

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1280433677' post='2394285']
[/quote]

Hi Matt,

I saved a few nukes for the next round of war.
CM's, + a few GA's and then there was no longer a point in my building for GA's (or defense) that I literally could not win. (and you know this considering my low odds after double nuking and full deployment)
Perhaps you can tell me, from your own example, what a nation at near ZI warring people having infra over 14,000, is supposed to do?
Because, as I recall from when we last fought, you turtled and nuked on the first and last days (and appropriately so)

After being ZI'd by the initial power brigade I'd find myself warring nations with 20% of your tech and with WC's worth pestering.
Now if I rebuild to rebuy nukes I only need to rebuy half the infra every day.
In fact, I wish I had saved even more of my nukes. I can only build em so fast, you know :D

Are you going to count yourself among the people who claim that turtling is bad when facing stomps?

EDIT: Remember when I said that demil statically couldn't really hurt you guys?
QED

Edited by Matthew PK

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280445032' post='2394490']

QED
[/quote]

Hilarious, as you even by your own admission say, it takes 'time' to rebuild nukes. Try fighting stronger nations w/o nukes with just GA's CM's and aircraft attacks, see how far that gets you. Oh wait, you are.

[quote name='DevastationStation' timestamp='1280449852' post='2394569']
Hilarious, as you even by your own admission say, it takes 'time' to rebuild nukes. Try fighting stronger nations w/o nukes with just GA's CM's and aircraft attacks, see how far that gets you. Oh wait, you are.
[/quote]

Reading Comprehension.

I very clearly explained in earlier posts how a numerical advantage is sufficient for daily nuclear attacks (compensating for rebuild rates), and the numerical issue versus a well-equipped nation is still quite significant.
This point seems to have gone way over your head.

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280445032' post='2394490']
Hi Matt,

I saved a few nukes for the next round of war.
CM's, + a few GA's and then there was no longer a point in my building for GA's (or defense) that I literally could not win. (and you know this considering my low odds after double nuking and full deployment)
Perhaps you can tell me, from your own example, what a nation at near ZI warring people having infra over 14,000, is supposed to do?
Because, as I recall from when we last fought, you turtled and nuked on the first and last days (and appropriately so)

After being ZI'd by the initial power brigade I'd find myself warring nations with 20% of your tech and with WC's worth pestering.
Now if I rebuild to rebuy nukes I only need to rebuy half the infra every day.
In fact, I wish I had saved even more of my nukes. I can only build em so fast, you know :D

Are you going to count yourself among the people who claim that turtling is bad when facing stomps?

QED
[/quote]

During this 6 month war I have routinely bought to maintain around 3k infra and have consistently been able to win battles against nations with much more infra than me. I even did it outnumbered and with the best success against Gramlins as opposed to other fighters. That had more to do with the ineptness and non-willingness to attack or defend properly of those I fought rather than my own skill. I will freely admit that.

However, if you go back and read what I wrote (is this the time for me to smugly type "Reading Comprehension" perhaps?) and what I was responding to I was simply commenting that you didn't fight your way down as the other fine gentlemen suggested. I neither passed judgment on the act of turtling or on your for doing so. I've done it in the past from time to time.

I really do like you, Matthew... call it an odd battlefield kinship or somesuch. I wish it didn't come to this between us. Best of luck and enjoy the ride.

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280450194' post='2394579']
Reading Comprehension.

I very clearly explained in earlier posts how a numerical advantage is sufficient for daily nuclear attacks (compensating for rebuild rates), and the numerical issue versus a well-equipped nation is still quite significant.
This point seems to have gone way over your head.
[/quote]

I believe there have been several (understatement) posts of how you saying reading comprehension doesn't make you any more right than you like to think you are (and just for the record, you are again, wrong - as you said at the beginning their warchests were garbage, 'QED' numerical advantage would mean nothing if you have no money.). The truth of the matter is this, you guys thought you could muscle them into something they would never do, and now like a child who didn't get his/her way, you continue this debate. This is several months past due, white peace is only unacceptable to our (you) paragons of 'justice' here. You ARE the only one who continues this madness, and you will be destroyed (or what's left thereof) because of it. I sure hope it was worth it.

[quote name='Holy Ruler' timestamp='1280517082' post='2395259']Its kinda strange, but it seems that Gramlins really think they can force IRON to accept their terms :awesome:[/quote]I cannot make myself believe that this is still true.
This leaves me with the question what they are trying to achieve at this point which is worth their own destruction.

Each time the number of nations on the Gramlins AA drops, I think to myself that it can't possibly drop any further. And then it does. I wonder what the magic number is before MHA declares Harmlins to be non-existent?

Ramirus seems to believe that alliances that fought on Gramlins' side in the past war are cheering him on. Perhaps this is true, to a certain extent. But it does make me wonder what the motives are for such encouragement, when the results have been plain for some time now. If an alliance I didn't think too much of (but happened to be on the same side) found itself in a ridiculous "fight to the death" of their own making, I'd certainly encourage them to continue, too.