The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280261161' post='2391534']
It doesn't take brilliance to understand (after 250+ pages) that we do not want to "force" you to do anything with a boot on your neck.
[/quote]

It takes very little intelligence for [b]anyone[/b] to understand that you haven't got a boot of any sort left at this stage. You did before, though, and attempting to get your way through military force was exactly what you guys were trying to do.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1280270409' post='2391700']
Still war? IRON still offering white peace? Gramlins offering to keep dying a slow death?
[/quote]

That's the long version.

tldr : lolGre

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280029999' post='2387990']
Are you referring to Ertyy? He has, for a long time, been Ram's #1 crony.
[/quote]

I see I fail at sarcasm. My point was that Matthew was claiming that he convinced Ertyy, when it appears no convincing was needed. It was the only example of someone he could come up with that GRE's arguments have persuaded despite the assertion that anyone who really, really paid attention would be won over.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1280284062' post='2391966']
It looks like Omas is now in the MHA, so I'm not sure as to whether he actually is willing to make sacrifices for you anymore?
[/quote, I
If Omas has finally given up then the end is truly nigh,
you have to respect him for sticking it out for so long
BD will never leave the AA, but if he were sanctioned I doubt he'd have it in him to put in the effort to build a new optimum trade ring,

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280272747' post='2391735']
You know me, Omas and BD well enough to know that each of us is able and willing to make such sacrifices.
You'd do yourself a favor not to assume that we (especially those you mentioned specifically!) don't care about each others' well-being or don't fully understand the weight of what we're doing.
[/quote]

How do you expect others to care about the well being of your nation if you dont even do yourself? Ending this is only a handshake away, still you talk as if people were holding you in war at gunpoint.

[quote name='SynthFG' timestamp='1280300921' post='2392295']If Omas has finally given up then the end is truly nigh,
you have to respect him for sticking it out for so long
BD will never leave the AA, but if he were sanctioned I doubt he'd have it in him to put in the effort to build a new optimum trade ring,[/quote]The end is nigh regardless.
Ramirus will be remembered as the person who destroyed Gramlins. This is some legacy...
Although I have respect to the old Gramlins and what they used to represent, given what they turned themselves to, I won't be sorry when Gramlins cease to exist.

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280256825' post='2391461']
Joining the ESA?
A significant point is that the ESA as written is unacceptable; that should be clear to you.

Also, no matter how often you say it, this is not about humiliating IRON. In fact, we have said over and over again that the path of accountability is the most honorable path possible. It is restorative, just and courageous... by no means humiliating.

The only "precedent" would be having an alliance allocute their wrongdoings without having a gun to their head; and that would be remarkably respectable.
[/quote]
So I take it the Gremlins will be unconditionally surrendering soon?

It looks like Omas is now in the MHA, so I'm not sure as to whether he actually is willing to make sacrifices for you anymore?
[/quote]
Omas is a nice guy, and likely the last sane voice gRAMlins had. With him gone, it's highly likely now they will continue until nothing is left. And all of this due to one guy having a too big of an ego, and the rest following him literally to death.

[/quote]
That whole exchange was a brilliant piece of accidental choreography.

I'm fairly sure that BD is essentially inactive these days, so that really leaves no-one other than the ones who've been active proponents of this failed policy over there any more. I'd like BD to come back to us and be his old self again but I think he's gone the way of Syz and Steel and that won't be happening. Time to draw the curtain on this once great alliance and remember the good things it (we) did, and forget about the senile old man of the last six months.

[quote]BD will never leave the AA, but if he were sanctioned I doubt he'd have it in him to put in the effort to build a new optimum trade ring, [/quote]

BD is on 21 days, though I'm sure he'll collect. I'm also very happy for Omas. I hope the other 2 top tier Gre, who are more or less explicitly against fighting in this conflict unless attack, follow his lead.

[quote name='Matthew PK' timestamp='1280272747' post='2391735']
You know me, Omas and BD well enough to know that each of us is able and willing to make such sacrifices.
You'd do yourself a favor not to assume that we (especially those you mentioned specifically!) don't care about each others' well-being or don't fully understand the weight of what we're doing.
[/quote]

We understand what you are doing, we're merely suggesting that there are faster ways to get there:

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/hdhale2/delete_button.png[/img]

The next to last option in this menu would save you considerable ridicule and over analysis.

I for one only suggest it as a first step. The second step of course would be creating a new nation and getting a fresh start elsewhere on Planet Bob.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1280329067' post='2392473']
We understand what you are doing, we're merely suggesting that there are faster ways to get there:

The next to last option in this menu would save you considerable ridicule and over analysis.

I for one only suggest it as a first step. The second step of course would be creating a new nation and getting a fresh start elsewhere on Planet Bob.
[/quote]

My hero. :wub:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1280329067' post='2392473']

[/quote]

He would have to sue for peace first since one cannot delete while at war :P

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280358969' post='2393104']
He would have to sue for peace first since one cannot delete while at war :P
[/quote]

Oh I know...those at war would have to wait until their next opportunity. Maybe they'll get "lucky". ;)

I think MatthewPK is spewing the same nonsense over and over again in the hope that endless repetition will make people start to believe him. Keep at it, Matt!

[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/Crymson84/prl.png[/img]

[size=4][B]YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO[/B][/SIZE]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280366084' post='2393227']
I think MatthewPK is spewing the same nonsense over and over again in the hope that endless repetition will make people start to believe him. Keep at it, Matt!

[/quote]

Clearly we're all just slow to come around. I, for one, always pull for the underdog effort.

on the plus side, were having a nice little BBQ over at MHA to welcome some recent refugee's. Sorry not everyone can make it.

Oh and its great how ramirus still goes to great effort to berate and insult every single person who leaves, still insisting they are stupid for not following him to the end.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280366084' post='2393227']

[/quote]

[b]USE THE MEAT CLEAVER, AND SWING HARD TO BREAK THE BONES.[/b]

Edited by Zombie Glaucon

[quote name='madspartus' timestamp='1280379661' post='2393584']
on the plus side, were having a nice little BBQ over at MHA to welcome some recent refugee's. Sorry not everyone can make it.

Oh and its great how ramirus still goes to great effort to berate and insult every single person who leaves, still insisting they are stupid for not following him to the end.
[/quote]

Isn't proper form and fashion on planet BOB, that when a nation flees their alliance during a time of war they follow proper protocol.

such as posting a resignation in the resignation thread and follow outlined individual surrender terms as indicated below?

To: Toranaga From: RAND0M HER0 Date: 6/24/2010 1:56:40 PM

Subject: Exit From War.

Message: Post in the surrender thread on the CN forums stating your withdrawal from the war: http://forums.cybern...p?showtopic=213

-You may not send aid to GRE or declare war on an IRON nation in relation to the current war.

- If you wish you're free to join IRON PoW, for up to 45 days while you find a new alliance, during which IRON will protect your nation as best we're able. After 45 days IRON will no longer be obligated to protect you, and may request you leave the AA.

While on the IRON PoW AA you may not declare war on any nation, nor send aid to any nation at war with out permission from IRON.

Attacks will be held until June 26th Server Time for you to complete/agree to the terms. If you haven't done so by that point we'll need to resume attacks until you do.

Random Hero,
IRON Councilor

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1280406948' post='2393845']
Isn't proper form and fashion on planet BOB, that when a nation flees their alliance during a time of war they follow proper protocol.

such as posting a resignation in the resignation thread and follow outlined individual surrender terms as indicated below?[/quote]

That requirement can be and has been waived in the past, though it is usually appropriate (and a bit of common sense) to let your enemies know privately that you are leaving the war, and what your intentions are. Your destination alliance may also need to do some diplomatic negotiations on your behalf.

It should also be noted that the alliance you are departing from [b]never[/b] takes this well...and for good reason. Odds are you will be ZI listed, banned from ever coming back, and will leave behind more than a few enemies.

Of course all that assumes that there will be an alliance left to ZI list you or to which to come back. In this case--Gramlins--that will not be a problem.

[quote name='Holy Ruler' timestamp='1280421926' post='2394041']
This is still going on :P ?If this is considered a continuation of the TOP-CnG war, then it becomes the longest war ever, right?
[/quote]
Depends if you count NPO-FAN as 3 years (or however long that lasted)