The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='cristoir' date='10 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1276179383' post='2331616']
Matt Miller is hitting GRE its GAME OVER folks.
[/quote]

Matt Miller has been in to many wars, he will not have the technology or the money to stand with anyone from the upper ranks of Gre, the thing that won this war for IRON is Gre allies leaving her to stand alone.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gravitate Rogue' date='10 June 2010 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1276180176' post='2331629']
I don't know, but a nuke from a 10k Tech WRC is pretty destructive. But yes, the the leaving of Gremlins friends to leave them alone in the war is what killed them, besides there own destructive view on how they would like the war to end.
[/quote]
A 10k tech nuke is annoying, but it's not the end of the world. IRON is going to need more than just Matt Miller if they want to end this.

[quote name='flak attack' date='10 June 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1276181932' post='2331649']
A 10k tech nuke is annoying, but it's not the end of the world. IRON is going to need more than just Matt Miller if they want to end this.
[/quote]
Have you looked at his aid screens and current infra level?

IRON do have a lot more than Matt Miller. They have the grinder, which is where he's pulling Grämlins nations to.

[quote name='flak attack' date='10 June 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1276181932' post='2331649']
[/quote]

What you didn't take into account is the the extra awesome-based damage of a MM nuke :smug:

[quote name='flak attack' date='10 June 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1276181932' post='2331649']
[/quote]

Who says they don't? :ph34r:

[quote name='cristoir' date='10 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1276179383' post='2331616']
Matt Miller is hitting GRE its GAME OVER folks.
[/quote]

He should have done so weeks ago
However in typical IRON style he has hit completely the wrong targets

[quote name='SynthFG' date='10 June 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1276191272' post='2331778']
[/quote]
Actually, he very much hit the right targets.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='10 June 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1276191272' post='2331778']
[/quote]

let me guess, in your brilliance you would have hit the upper reaches of your NS range and used all three slots?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='10 June 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1276186182' post='2331706']
Have you looked at his aid screens and current infra level?

IRON do have a lot more than Matt Miller. They have the grinder, which is where he's pulling Grämlins nations to.
[/quote]
Yes, he can fight for quite some time, but he can only do so much to hurt Gre's top end.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='10 June 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1276193248' post='2331836']
let me guess, in your brilliance you would have hit the upper reaches of your NS range and used all three slots?
[/quote]
:facepalm:

Yes, in fact I would have.

If IRON had actually done something when they had CT this would be finishing up by now. 2 rounds of wars would have put all but blackdigital in range of those 70k ns guys, when it would be game over for Gre.

I suppose it is true that fortune favors the bold.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='10 June 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1276193248' post='2331836']
[/quote]
That is probably exactly what I would have done too, because he could likely do just enough damage to get all 3 into the meat grinder.

Nevertheless, IRON has run a good war so far, so I'll trust you have a plan here.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='10 June 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1276193248' post='2331836']
[/quote]
No
I'd have had him hit people in his range who actually matter rather than 2 comparative non entities

[quote name='flak attack' date='10 June 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1276195535' post='2331887']
Yes, he can fight for quite some time, but he can only do so much to hurt Gre's top end.

:facepalm:

Yes, in fact I would have.

If IRON had actually done something when they had CT this would be finishing up by now. 2 rounds of wars would have put all but blackdigital in range of those 70k ns guys, when it would be game over for Gre.

I suppose it is true that fortune favors the bold.
[/quote]

Fortune favors the bold true but also favors the patient. Sometimes puttin all your money in on one hand is a dumb maneuver. Tis better in some cases to go in easy and win the larger pot in the end while retaining a good amount of your money.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='10 June 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1276197209' post='2331907']
No
I'd have had him hit people in his range who actually matter rather than 2 comparative non entities
[/quote]

at this point, no one in Gremlins truly matter anymore. even if Matt had hit Ram, what good would that have done? not much really except the sheer satisfaction of getting to destroy Ram's nation. in the end, the only important nations in Gre are the ones who have left.

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='11 June 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1276197130' post='2331905']
Plus, who woulda predicted that CT was going to beat down tR for attacking one of his tech sellers?

Moral of the story: don't $&(# with CT's tech sellers.
[/quote]
I'd say the moral is don't count on CT if you plan to fight a war, he has a history of running away.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='10 June 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1276198032' post='2331931']
I'd say the moral is don't count on CT if you plan to fight a war, he has a history of running away.
[/quote]
Ironically, it looks like he ran from IRON, who was sitting there doing nothing, so that he could go to war.

[quote name='Derantol' date='08 June 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1276065201' post='2329906']
Ah, I believe I was unclear in my paragraph structure. It's something I'm working on. To address the the bolded line, I made the argument that IRON did not do anything wrong; or more accurately, the wrong that we did wasn't one that was worth a public apology. CnG (among others) has had a field day with the various bits drama and hilarity that ensued from this last war, and I imagine that because they had such a decisive strategic [i]and[/i] PR victory, they didn't think an apology was necessary. So when I said that we already admitted wrongdoing, I suppose what I really mean is that we made amends, to the extent that warring alliances do.

I suppose that I can't exactly say that admitting defeat is admitting that we were wrong, but I don't believe that I need to argue that unless I am given conclusive evidence that we actually were in the wrong to the extent that you claim. So far, it's been a claim of an unwarranted attack; I contend that it was a strategic move to fight people we were going to end up fighting anyway. Pre-emptive strikes aren't a bad thing by nature, and every single alliance we could have hit through treaty lines would have dragged in CnG regardless.

Surprising? Maybe, since in the end it looks like it was a bad strategic move anyway. Unwarranted? Only on the surface. Morally bankrupt? I think not.
[/quote]

Your position seems predicated on the false notion that apologizing and admitting culpability are mutually inclusive.
In your scenario, what would it matter that IRON apologize (when they have demonstrated clearly that they are not "sorry" in any non-strategic sense)?

On the other hand, it's completely possible for one to be liable and [b]not[/b] sorry.

Distinctions!

[quote name='shahenshah' date='09 June 2010 - 04:14 AM' timestamp='1276082032' post='2330024']
It was put on the table in one of the negotiations, on our initiative if I recall correctly, however it was'nt taken up. I'm sure Gramlins was up to date on all the negotiations and remained silent about that point for...~2 weeks when ESA was finally signed.

or are you saying you didnt get the logs? :smug: Oh well, paperless :P
[/quote]

As above, my understanding is that IRON offered an apology.

Edited by Matthew PK

[quote name='flak attack' date='11 June 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1276199157' post='2331950']
Ironically, it looks like he ran from IRON, who was sitting there doing nothing, so that he could go to war.
[/quote]
Debatable. His nation was in a war, yes, not really the same as an alliance war though, is it? Especially when you consider how big his nation is, tR isn't known for having a strong top tier.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='10 June 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1276198032' post='2331931']
[/quote]
That's the old infra-hugging CT. Since he got a taste of war and learned it was kinda fun, he's been one of the first to jump onto large nations in the last two major conflicts.

[quote name='Hydro' date='10 June 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1276159900' post='2331468']
You know it's funny that there would be so much international condemnation directed toward the Gremlins over their decision to remain at war. It has to be a first for an alliance that has essentially acted honorably to be the subject of such vitriol. [/quote]

Except they haven't acted honorably. They've said "Unconditional surrender or war forever". Anything short of IRON agreeing to become slaves of Gramlins means the war continues.

That's not honorable, it's not smart, and it's why the vast majority disagree with Gramlins.

[quote name='flak attack' date='10 June 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1276199157' post='2331950']
[/quote]

IRON has been doing nothing? IRON has been bringing Gramlins down a few nations at a time. Look at the Gramlins chart, and it's a very steady decline. That's not exactly "doing nothing".

[quote name='Timeline' date='10 June 2010 - 10:25 AM' timestamp='1276179911' post='2331623']
Matt Miller has been in to many wars, he will not have the technology or the money to stand with anyone from the upper ranks of Gre, the thing that won this war for IRON is Gre allies leaving her to stand alone.
[/quote]
I can do this for months on end.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='10 June 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1276191272' post='2331778']
[/quote]
You act as if the two I'm currently fighting will actually drop me out of range of the others. This is about patience.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='10 June 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1276191272' post='2331778']
[/quote]

You still not have picked our strategy in ~2 months?

Sometimes I wonder if the display of irrationality is genuine or is it deliberate...e.g. We had one Gre nation spend 100s of million of his warchest..in 10? days....on buying tech directly himself, no aid slots ;).

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' date='11 June 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1276208418' post='2332198']
You still not have picked our strategy in ~2 months?

Sometimes I wonder if the display of irrationality is genuine or is it deliberate...e.g. We had one Gre nation spend 100s of million of his warchest..in 10? days....on buying tech directly himself, no aid slots ;).
[/quote]
I admit, I was stunned to see his WC drop from half a billion to a handful of million so quickly. Cunning strategy for sure... definitely better than ours.

[quote name='Matt Miller' date='10 June 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1276206743' post='2332149']
I can do this for months on end.[/quote]

So can we, so.... a long drawn out war then?
Pretty much the same thing as before?

It will be fun to get to war with you again though :D