The New Grämlins

Iotupa

I definitely read it all, but several of the pages blurred together and I read quite a bit when I was tired and it didn't stick.

And yes, it would be worth someone getting a selection of 'We will never accept white peace' quotes, except that I think anyone who's been following the situation knows full well that that was claimed repeatedly and is quite capable of laughing at Ram, MPK and Ertyy without actually having the quotes re-posted.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1280683979' post='2397201']
I definitely read it all, but several of the pages blurred together and I read quite a bit when I was tired and it didn't stick.

And yes, it would be worth someone getting a selection of 'We will never accept white peace' quotes, except that I think anyone who's been following the situation knows full well that that was claimed repeatedly and is quite capable of laughing at Ram, MPK and Ertyy without actually having the quotes re-posted.
[/quote]
I've been laughing since Easter Sunday. It was only a matter of time until their will was broken. The only shame of it (other than the fact they let us piledrive their alliance) is that they never came around to understanding that their position was ludicrous; instead they just lost their fortitude to continue. Ertyy's post on page 1 of the Peace in Our Time thread lays this out as far as I can tell.

[quote name='dragonknight1000' timestamp='1280624983' post='2396550']
think I read every post here too though I'll never know what madness drove me to doing so (maybe it's my AA :P)

longest in CN? not even close (you'll have to beat Justy's bar - which is 3k pages and growing)

longest in the OWF? 2nd place - if you consider the sanction race but no doubt longest in the World Affairs section

so IRON/DAWN got their peace and Gre realized that continuing this charade is pointless so I ask the next moderator reading this topic to close it and let this die ok?
[/quote]
Pfft pinned topics don't count. This is, I believe, the longest unpinned topic pertaining to CN.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1280623601' post='2396539']
I've read it all too. Can't say I retained it all, though.
[/quote]
Read it all, and retained it only because the same things were gone over, and [size=4]over[/size], and [size=5]over[/size]. Of course I read just about thread so long as it isn't a milestone.

I wonder how the concerned parties will carry on from here with the knowledge gained and lessons learned. Will the Gramlins reinvent themselves after this and if so how? Time will tell. That was some massive drop of IRON's stats though when those who fought the crusade against unconditional surrender started leaving.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280635331' post='2396724']
i have also read every post in this thread. it was mind numbing.
[/quote]
Understatement of the thread.

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1280636196' post='2396749']
For those of you who, like myself read the whole thread, I made this (admittedly crappy) campaign award.[/quote]
It's fitting how this post would start a new page.

Edited by Hyperbad

I joined WTF so this will be my last OWF post for a very long time. That being said I am very glad to see peace achieved and I hope all sides can rebound and put this matter behind them.

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1280696444' post='2397356']
Will the Gramlins reinvent themselves after this and if so how? Time will tell.
[/quote]

For all intents and purposes, the Gramlins long ago stopped being the Gramlins and started being an extension of Ramirus's megalomania. Now the alliance has been reduced to an ineffectual remnant. There isn't much to reinvent.

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1280691169' post='2397289']
Alliances literally formed and then disbanded in the time this thread was running.
[/quote]

That's a scary image right there. Now, we can put this discussion to the history books.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='TheNecromancer' timestamp='1280769518' post='2398508']
Agreed, this thread needs to be retired.
[/quote]
It would be a terrible mistake to retire this thread for two reasons.

1) Gramlins still exist, therfore we should keep this thread going so we don't have to start a new thread everytime we want to talk about them.

2) If we retire this thread no doubt some other topic will try and break this record and I have no intention of following another topic for almost 300 pages.

So keep this one going a little longer and ensure it will never be challenged for length.

I'm sure somebody can find some new aspect of the "New Gramlins" to debate to death.

Also, I personally am glad to see Gramlins return to their roots as a tech selling alliance. That was obviously Ram's intention all along.

Oh, and does anyone know why there was a sudden change of heart?

Edited by sir pwnage

[quote name='shilo' timestamp='1271544039' post='2264311']
You know that is absolutely possible that at the end, only the gov will be left to follow its own policy? You at least acknowledge that is a theoretical possibility, right?
[/quote]

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1271544326' post='2264315']
That very well could happen. And I hope it happens sooner rather than later if it does happen. I don't really plan to hang around in an alliance that systemically violates the spirit of its own charter.
[/quote]

Just wanted to point this out for lulz. All hail the omniscient Shilo!

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1280784881' post='2398804']
And how many of those were posts that simply contained the famous quote, "Reading Comprehension?" :)
[/quote]
Hey, let's nickname the thread. Call it the Reading Comprehension thread. Like a secret code for everyone who's still reading this monster.

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1280636196' post='2396749']
For those of you who, like myself read the whole thread, I made this (admittedly crappy) campaign award.
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465"][img]http://a.imageshack.us/img443/3729/grevet.gif[/img][/url]
[code][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465"][img]http://a.imageshack.us/img443/3729/grevet.gif[/img][/url][/code]
[/quote]

If you make a Level 9 Reading Comprehension badge, I will undoubtedly wear it.