Question about the SDI

Crymson

About the SDI:

The SDI reduces by 60% the chance that a nuclear attack will succeed. My question is this: does a failed nuclear attack against a nation count as its once nuclear-strike-against per day, or will that nation still be open to nuclear strikes on that day until once succeeds?

Gratsi.

No it doesn't count, you can keep on sending nukes until one of the nukes successfully hits.

Doesn't that make the SDI nearly useless? It's easy to re-buy nukes, so this really wouldn't justify the $75m cost.

Indeed, does this mean that a single nation can launch multiple nukes until one hits?

Can a mod please confirm this?

Doesn't that make the SDI nearly useless? It's easy to re-buy nukes, so this really wouldn't justify the $75m cost.

Indeed, does this mean that a single nation can launch multiple nukes until one hits?

You can only buy one nuke per day, so the SDI is good because a foe will burn through nukes that would otherwise do damage.

It doesn't make the SDI useless and you don't need a mod to confirm it as I am sure of what I've written. (You can be attacked by multiple nations, but only 1 nuke can hit you per day.)

And as Stylesjl said, a nation has a finite amount of nukes in stock; If their nukes miss when they're launched a few times, then they're burning through their nukes supply much faster, and keep in mind you can only buy 1 nuke per day.

then they're burning through their nukes supply much faster, and keep in mind you can only buy 1 nuke per day.

With a war lasting 7 days and a stockpile of 20 nukes and a 40% chance the nuke will fail, if only fighting 1v1 then the nuking nation will have enough nukes (on average) to hit the defending nation every day with a nuke for the entirety of the war. He'll be able to do it easily if he's buying nukes each day too.

Learning this really changed my mind out the SDI. It's pretty worthless as it is now.