Iunctus - Invicta Announcement

[quote name='Atlashill' date='18 March 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1268965004' post='2229813']

/me sends a case of Boulevard Wheat Ale to each Iunctus member of legal drinking age, and a 12-pack of Virgin Cola to everyone else.
[/quote]

That sounds delicious. I accept. I'll have to get you all something great from East End Brewing or Church Brew works. :)

Seriously, you know it must be a slow time in CN if we're getting so many responses to THIS.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ikMark' date='18 March 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1268955278' post='2229658']
Who are you, and what have you done to Chad? :P
[/quote]
He's been Chadnapped. There's a reward, so long as you return him before I finish this:
[quote name='Atlashill' date='18 March 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1268965004' post='2229813']
/me sends a case of Boulevard Wheat Ale to each Iunctus member of legal drinking age, and a 12-pack of Virgin Cola to everyone else.
[/quote]

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='18 March 2010 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1268920862' post='2229244']
Wow, I remember when Iunctus was in Stickmen. That's quite a change in direction there.

Congrats.
[/quote]

do you remember when they got asked to... nevermind. :awesome:

so much hate in this thread...
Atlashill is right, just because we are on 'opposing' sides of the web doesn't mean we cant be civilized if not on friendly terms with eachother, even if in the future theres a good possibility we could be on opposite sides of a conflict.

Anyone know about the christmas truce during ww1? on christmas of 1914 a 100 thousand british and german troops left their trenches to celebrate christmas together despite that obviously their countries were at war with eachother at the time.

o/ Invicta
o/ Iunctus
Latin names ftw

Ty Glitchblade

Thanks for the nod Iunctus. Hopefully our treaty will blossom into a beautiful relationship. like Romeo and Juliet, but with less suicide (though from the sound of some posts, I have to wonder if we'll be "helped" with the suicide part if we don't go through with it on our own ;)).

o/ Iunctus
o/ Invicta
o/ Friendship, beer, and all things excellent

[quote]Article 5: Inter arma silent leges
In the event an outbreak of war occurs, both alliances will seek to minimize the chances of engaging each other, or, failing that, to be respectful and friendly during the headbashing.[/quote]

Just because we sign a treaty of friendship doesn't mean that Iunctus is going to be jumping sides of the web. If it comes to war between Iunctus and Invicta down the road due to treaties and things of that sort...then we will fight respectfully and not be jerks about it. Just like our war with NEW, neither side was being a jerk.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='18 March 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1268924253' post='2229279']
I'm not sure if you were implying it but I'll bite anyway. Our move to Purple had little to do with being combative with people there, but a lot to do with Stickmen unity. Well, regardless what happened, I think we succeeded :P
[/quote]

Kriek, did you honestly just say that your move to purple which cost you 1/4th of the alliances in your bloc, encouraged bloc unity? :blink:

Anyway, congratulations Invicta and Iunctus, hopefully this is the beginning of a long and fruitful friendship.

[quote name='Stetson' date='19 March 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1269028560' post='2230481']
Kriek, did you honestly just say that your move to purple which cost you 1/4th of the alliances in your bloc, encouraged bloc unity? :blink:
[/quote]

get your facts straight. there were a few reasons that Iunctus was asked to leave and that wasn't one of them.

[quote name='Jingoist' date='19 March 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1269031507' post='2230519']
get your facts straight. there were a few reasons that Iunctus was asked to leave and that wasn't one of them.
[/quote]

It's cool, I understand that you guys asked them to leave after you announced that they were moving with you to purple. I know it was just a coincidence.

[quote name='Stetson' date='19 March 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1269028560' post='2230481']

Anyway, congratulations Invicta and Iunctus, hopefully this is the beginning of a long and fruitful friendship.
[/quote]
It's pretty foolish to pretend like you know what happened, when you obviously don't.

This move by Iunctus saddens me a little, however I realize that their vision on planet bob has changed dramatically in the last 6 months to a year. I wish our former allies all the best, and hope that they considered the possible implications of this. Good luck guys. :)

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='18 March 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1268938813' post='2229427']
You are lecturing others on decorum? Well done. I was being polite :) I have much stronger emotions then that in regards to this treaty.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, of course you do. You're a bully and nothing more. I can tell you that neither Invicta and Iunctus have ever done a thing to you people, yet you hound them for any reason or no reason. You threaten alliances, quite subtly I'll add, for signing treaties and not aligning themselves with you. I must say, most ironic coming from MK. Have you forgotten your roots already?[/color]

[quote name='nomadd917' date='20 March 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1269124197' post='2231582']
Too many implications about a treaty of friendship. Its not as if we just signed a MDP. Since when has friendship become something to frown upon?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It's not the treaty, but rather who you signed it with. You don't hate Invicta with an undying passion, and for that you have earned the ire of SuperGreivances.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 March 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1269129859' post='2231646']
[color="#0000FF"]It's not the treaty, but rather who you signed it with. You don't hate Invicta with an undying passion, and for that you have earned the ire of SuperGreivances.[/color]
[/quote]

Forgive me for my ignorance, as I have taken a political hiatus as of late and am not up to date and some issues, but why should I hate Invicta with an undying passion?

Is there some unforgivable act that has been committed by Invicta that I am unaware of?

Are we not all guilty of some sort of transgression?

Just remember "he who is without sin may cast the first stone."

[quote name='nomadd917' date='20 March 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1269131323' post='2231657']
Forgive me for my ignorance, as I have taken a political hiatus as of late and am not up to date and some issues, but why should I hate Invicta with an undying passion?

Is there some unforgivable act that has been committed by Invicta that I am unaware of?

Are we not all guilty of some sort of transgression?

Just remember "he who is without sin may cast the first stone."
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Invicta hasn't done a thing except be on purple. iFOK decided it owns purple and began harassing Invicta. CnG members, being the adolescents they are, happily joined in and have been hassling Invicta since. So you see, it all comes down to petty bullying for the entertainment of a few.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 March 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1269134598' post='2231709']
[color="#0000FF"]Invicta hasn't done a thing except be on purple. iFOK decided it owns purple and began harassing Invicta. CnG members, being the adolescents they are, happily joined in and have been hassling Invicta since. So you see, it all comes down to petty bullying for the entertainment of a few.[/color]
[/quote]

if you're going to cast stones at least make sure they're remotely accurate. [b]stickmen[/b] decided they own purple is what you meant to say.

:lol1:

[quote name='Jingoist' date='21 March 2010 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1269145121' post='2231870']
if you're going to cast stones at least make sure they're remotely accurate. [b]stickmen[/b] decided they own purple is what you meant to say.

:lol1:
[/quote]

Oh drop the act, we all know iFOK controls you and FCO :lol1: