Tabloid Tribune #157 | NPO ICA

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I generally find the Tabloid Tribune to be relatively tasteless, I must admit I was mildly entertained by this edition.

This part in particular:

[quote]
Regardless, the NPO has finished funding GOD and now with GOD now ending their participation in the Kollateralized Amalgamated Reinvestment Mutual Assistance Program, Pacificans are focusing their efforts to help the Viridian Entente. Maturity of the K.A.R.M.A. for GOD is expected in one to four years with an estimated yield of 1300%.
-----
Written by Sir Paul
Signature by Red
The Tabloid Tribune - One Step Ahead of the Truth
Proudly Part of PNN[/quote]

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='16 March 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1268744675' post='2227247']as even peasants can see that the "Pacifican" Jackboots Archon wears are made of cheap felt instead of fine baby-leather (probably imported from former initiative backwater like VE).[/quote]

VE only uses the finest cow during the production of our boots my good man.

And I for one am anxiously awaiting to see if the Pacifican diplomat corps has been hard at work during terms or if we're going to see the Pacifican version of the Flying Wallendas going heal to toe while sweating it's way over the abyss. B-)

[quote name='Cyber Nationz' date='16 March 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1268777024' post='2227646']
[i]They can force you to decom your military,
They can force you to destroy your nuclear stockpile
They can force you to pay outrageous reparations

but...

They can never stop the power of a Pacifican Pen[/i]

Keep up the good work, many of us are waiting for your return. :wub:
[/quote]

Could have sworn you made a thread bashing NPO a while back, and now you are waiting for their return? Right....

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='16 March 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1268749756' post='2227284']
Been saying this all along. Trying to protect a 650-man alliance is just stupid when they are perfectly capable of doing so themselves. Not sure if this is a serious offer or not but if it is the G15 should definitely accept it.
[/quote]

Defending yourself requires you to be fully militarized.

Good read as always. Although you are wrong about one thing. NPO would have been the 2nd Hegemony. The 1st would have been the original GATO/Legion types. That would make MK & Co the fine baby-leather jackboot wearing 3rd Empire/hegemony.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='16 March 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1268778583' post='2227681']
Defending yourself requires you to be fully militarized.
[/quote]

The GPA managed. Don't tell me Pacifica's military is less capable than theirs.

In any case, I meant that they shouldn't have been required to decommission, except maybe nukes and navy.

[quote] This would free up G15 resources to prosecute their current active war as well as removing what has become a disparate burden on a few alliances.[/quote]

It's not a burden, but a pleasure ;)

Seriously though, we enjoy blowing things up. I only wish people would wait and grow a little bit before they go rogue on you all because this 100ns stuff just isn't half as much fun.

One step ahead of the truth; and one step behind the lies, diligently cleaning up the mud that the prevaricators throw against the walls of truth.

Brilliant analysis; hidden depths of meaning; and, unfortunately, really lousy singing. But the verses on side B, especially the refrain...

Great writing, purposeful writing, timely writing. The prototype of the CN journalist.

/Sir Paul.

[quote name='legalluc' date='16 March 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1268788925' post='2227848']
... and, unfortunately, really lousy singing...[/quote]
Thank you for volunteering to re-sing this report and to sing future reports. I've been looking for someone to do it for me. I believe you have the lyrics to the current report?

Edited by Sir Paul

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='16 March 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1268749756' post='2227284']
Been saying this all along. Trying to protect a 650-man alliance is just stupid when they are perfectly capable of doing so themselves. Not sure if this is a serious offer or not but if it is the G15 should definitely accept it.

Overall good read. Not your best.
[/quote]
Sir, I am the Imperial Clerk of the New Pacific Order. My reports are factual and if the G15 agrees to allow the Order to rearm themselves, then we would take responsibility for the defense of the Order from non-hegemonic actions against our alliance. While offers can be made in public, agreements don't happen on the OWF. I would encourage the G15 to take the matter to vote at their next meeting and the Pacifican Delegation is ready to answer any and all questions about our bold proposal.

As for not being my best, after 157 issues, it's tough to keep topping yourself.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='16 March 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1268789695' post='2227862']
Thank you for volunteering to re-sing this report and to sing future reports. I've been looking for someone to do it for me. I believe you have the lyrics to the current report?
[/quote]

I am surprised that a seasoned journalist such as yourself would mistake criticism for volunterism. But, I may be able to provide the help you need for a small cut of the reparations Pacifica so sorely deserves.