Operation Clam Bake

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 March 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1268701679' post='2226787']
Apparently you didn't get "The Big Bad" from being menacing, did you?

Your logic is astounding at this point.
[/quote]

I am not sure what you are babbling on about. I don't need to menace your collection of misfits. The logic is this. PC knows a threat is coming. They also now have to deal with your alliance pulling a bone head move in public. Once again placing where they know bad things are coming. I am sure they are not happy your alliance is dumb enough come out and say "we attacking, we are bored, lulz". Its things like that, that get alliances and those they are allied to rolled. Now is that to hard to follow?

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='16 March 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1268798389' post='2227986']
I am not sure what you are babbling on about. I don't need to menace your collection of misfits. The logic is this. PC knows a threat is coming. They also now have to deal with your alliance pulling a bone head move in public. Once again placing where they know bad things are coming. I am sure they are not happy your alliance is dumb enough come out and say "we attacking, we are bored, lulz". Its things like that, that get alliances and those they are allied to rolled. Now is that to hard to follow?
[/quote]
who says we "arent happy"?

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='16 March 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1268798018' post='2227979']
He could always just declare on me if he felt strongly enough and let the cards fall where they may, but he won't. Oh well, that's what is expected from him and all. Bleat bleat bleat go the moralist front sheep.
[/quote]
I'm too much of a gentlemen not to give you fair warning before I destroy your nation.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='14 March 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1268623870' post='2225973']
[center][img]http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/SonsOfLibertyLW/FORAFlag.png[/img]

[u][b]Don't Fear The Reaper[/b][/u][/center]

For some reason, FORA seems to have a sign on its back telling every last harebrained barely-aligned Digiterran to raid us. While it's awesome being so good at raiding that the targets come to you, we've had to fight off two separate alliances over this crap so far and we've barely been around for a month and a half. It's not easy being this awesome, but hey, someone's gotta.

So anyway, an unfortunate alliance calling itself The Blue Oyster Cult has a member, roadkilla9. He decided to raid one of our guys, he must not have realized that raiding an aligned member of an alliance larger than you is a [i]really bad idea[/i]. We're a bloodthirsty and easily distracted lot, and there happens to be a bunch of shiny tech in their alliance.

Therefore, the Forite Order of Raids and Anarchy is hereby proclaiming open season on The Blue Oyster Cult. This isn't defense, this isn't war, this is a revenge raid. We won't accept a surrender and we're not offering terms. We'll stop when we're good and ready to stop. You raided one of ours, so we're gonna raid all of yours. If you don't like it, try not to suck so hard next time.

[b]By the Order of Princeps, Tsar of all the Foras:[/b]
[i]-Tidy Bowl Man, Home Minister[/i]

P.S. We're burnin', we're burnin', we're burnin' for you. :awesome:
[/quote]

I like the fact you are upfront about this and not beating around the bush like some alliances who have tried to hide their true intentions(Looking at you Polar.). Good luck to you.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='16 March 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1268798389' post='2227986']
[/quote]
Please. Are you going to follow through on that or keep whining about it for the next two years, because it's really quite pathetic.

[quote name='Qaianna' date='17 March 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1268890790' post='2229057']
Just for the fun of it..any of you Forite Order guys give the Cult a call asking what was with the attack? A call other than 'INCOMING!', that is. Just curious.
[/quote]

yep, twice.

Not sure how long before we attacked though, I think it was something like 8 to 10 hours before or something along those lines, could be off a smidge though.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='18 March 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1268896921' post='2229106']
I think he's going for his hail mary play next update.
[/quote]

Either I am terrible unlucky or you are the luckiest fool I've ever met. Or both.

You just pulled off a 5% underdog <_<

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='16 March 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1268798018' post='2227979']
He could always just declare on me if he felt strongly enough and let the cards fall where they may, but he won't. Oh well, that's what is expected from him and all. Bleat bleat bleat go the moralist front sheep.
[/quote]

You know, war isn't the best solution to everything.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='18 March 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1268976638' post='2230009']
You know, war isn't the best solution to everything.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree, which is why we went under our RoE for tech raids. Had we made actual war on them it would still be going on and we would have kept it up till we smashed them into the ground, or they surrendered and agreed to terms that even I would have objected to given the nature of the situation.

That wasn't our objective, hence the RoE for tech raids. Ground attacks only and peace after a day or two. War should be reserved for those who need a stronger show of force to see the errors of their ways.

Also, Damsky, please accept my peace offer, I want no part of a 4 on 1 war. No clue why you went after those other guys like that, but count me out. I thought this was going to be a private affair, but then you went and crashed a few other parties.

That hurt my feelings.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote]anyone gonna lol harder when some noob joins FORA and hits someone substantial?

Keep this in mind everyone since it is their policy not to deal with 1x1 hits =)
What goes around comes around. They do this don't they?[/quote]

The answer to that is to not let complete idiots join FORA, I would think. We've been pretty good on that front.

Anytime you let someone in an alliance, your nation is essentially signing an MDAP with it, as well as all the other nations in that alliance. That means that at a fundamental level, you answer for your buddies, and they answer for you.

That said, we're not heartless. Everyone in the Blue Oyster Cult except for the original raider has been peaced, to my knowledge. We got our revenge, anarchied them, and now we're riding into the sunset.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='15 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1268706994' post='2226855']
Has it been pointed out yet that two members of The Blue Oyster Cult claim to be protected by Alpha Omega in their nation bios?
[/quote]

[quote name='Newhotness' date='15 March 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1268707585' post='2226862']
a BOC member instigated the conflict, so them being protected by Alpha Omega (if they are) shouldnt stop FORA from responding.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='15 March 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1268708050' post='2226878']
Of course not, but perhaps a different method of response would have been wiser. I don't predict Alpha Omega making an issue about this, it's just something to consider.

It is worth noting that the BOC member mentioned in the OP (roadkilla9) [i][b]is[/b][/i] government. Taking his actions as alliance actions is reasonable.
[/quote]

[quote name='Newhotness' date='15 March 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1268708776' post='2226891']
Dont see the protectorate mentioned on AO's wiki page or in any public viewing areas on their forums.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='15 March 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1268711331' post='2226955']
I have it from good authority that Alpha Omega will not be interfering, if anyone else was curious.
[/quote]

BOC is not, or has even been, a protectorate of Alpha Omega. I realize this is a bit late but still feels it needed addressed. We raised issue with them putting "Protected by Alpha Omega" in their bios after they started doing so. They felt they could since we were doing some Tech deals with them. We also had issues with them taking the cash we sent for tech and then raiding with said cash, getting in over thier heads and then not delivering as per their obligations (a risk Tech buyers do take).
As for First Earth Battlion which was just recently spun off from BOC our position is this. While we have some Tech dealings with them as well, we will not lodge any protest on the spillover the current FORA/BOC situation has brought them. They too are not, or have ever been, a Protectorate of Alpha Omega. We simply are just interested in avoiding any spillover in our direction.

[quote name='Duncan' date='20 March 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1269096512' post='2231285']
BOC is not, or has even been, a protectorate of Alpha Omega. I realize this is a bit late but still feels it needed addressed. We raised issue with them putting "Protected by Alpha Omega" in their bios after they started doing so. They felt they could since we were doing some Tech deals with them. We also had issues with them taking the cash we sent for tech and then raiding with said cash, getting in over thier heads and then not delivering as per their obligations (a risk Tech buyers do take).
As for First Earth Battlion which was just recently spun off from BOC our position is this. While we have some Tech dealings with them as well, we will not lodge any protest on the spillover the current FORA/BOC situation has brought them. They too are not, or have ever been, a Protectorate of Alpha Omega. We simply are just interested in avoiding any spillover in our direction.
[/quote]
thanks for clearin that up for everyone

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='19 March 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1268995456' post='2230162']
I absolutely agree, which is why we went under our RoE for tech raids. Had we made actual war on them it would still be going on and we would have kept it up till we smashed them into the ground, or they surrendered and agreed to terms that even I would have objected to given the nature of the situation.
That wasn't our objective, hence the RoE for tech raids. Ground attacks only and peace after a day or two. War should be reserved for those who need a stronger show of force to see the errors of their ways.
[/quote]

Indeed, you could have done worse but I don't see how that justifies your actions.

Also, regardless of what you called your attacks, your individual nations have waged war upon other nations. It's silly to distinguish between a tech raid and a war in an attempt to explain your actions. The end result is the same. One side gets stomped for the gain of another.

[quote]Indeed, you could have done worse but I don't see how that justifies your actions.

Also, regardless of what you called your attacks, your individual nations have waged war upon other nations. It's silly to distinguish between a tech raid and a war in an attempt to explain your actions. The end result is the same. One side gets stomped for the gain of another.[/quote]

We're not the Forite Order of Long Walks On The Beach and Candlelight Dinners, sorry for the mix-up.