Operation Clam Bake

[quote name='Newhotness' date='15 March 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1268707585' post='2226862']
a BOC member instigated the conflict, so them being protected by Alpha Omega (if they are) shouldnt stop FORA from responding.
[/quote]

Indeed, a member of BOC carried out what I assume is an unsanctioned attack on FORa. While this might not seem like The government of FORa instigated a sanctioned attack upon BOC. That is not "response" to BOC's attacks.

Also, you might have noticed that FORa clearly stated that the raid is out of boredom and not really defense so I wouldn't consider this a "response" to any danger.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Newhotness' date='15 March 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1268707585' post='2226862']
a BOC member instigated the conflict, so them being protected by Alpha Omega (if they are) shouldnt stop FORA from responding.
[/quote]

Of course not, but perhaps a different method of response would have been wiser. I don't predict Alpha Omega making an issue about this, it's just something to consider.

It is worth noting that the BOC member mentioned in the OP (roadkilla9) [i][b]is[/b][/i] government. Taking his actions as alliance actions is reasonable.

Edited by Lord Brendan

FORa could have responded differently had it been an attack of retaliation, however this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to me that FORa is the aggressor in this war, by their own choice, regardless of who shot who first.

[quote name='King Ernie' date='15 March 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1268708408' post='2226885']
FORa could have responded differently had it been an attack of retaliation, however this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to me that FORa is the aggressor in this war, by their own choice, regardless of who shot who first.
[/quote]

A member of BOC's government attacked FORA. They are responding with all available force. I'm not sure how you could say that it's [i]not[/i] retaliation. Overreacting, maybe.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='15 March 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1268708776' post='2226892']
A member of BOC's government attacked FORA. They are responding with all available force. I'm not sure how you could say that it's [i]not[/i] retaliation. Overreacting, maybe.
[/quote] [quote name='Tidy Bowl Man']Therefore, the Forite Order of Raids and Anarchy is hereby proclaiming open season on The Blue Oyster Cult. [b]This isn't defense[/b], this isn't war, [b]this is a revenge raid.[/b] We won't accept a surrender and we're not offering terms. We'll stop when we're good and ready to stop. You raided one of ours, so we're gonna raid all of yours. If you don't like it, try not to suck so hard next time.[/quote] Thank you very much, by the looks of it, FORa IS the aggressor. ;)

Sure, FORA and Saja had disagreements, but the game gets boring without a war right?
I do think Sajasabie would do the same to a raider raiding our alliance member, just saying.

So I can't support FORA cause of differing sides on raiding, but I support their reason for waring. A good show of power.

Just be careful, don't anger the powers ;)

[quote name='TsarPrinceps' date='15 March 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1268711288' post='2226953']
We are defending ourselves by establishing an example of what happens to people that attack us. If we happen to be enjoying ourselves in the process, what of it? Why are any of us here on this world, if not to have fun?
[/quote] Then why did Tidy say it wasn't defense? perhaps a miscommunication in the government tiers? :o

[quote name='King Ernie' date='15 March 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1268703947' post='2226816']
Ahaha! Damsky VS Tidy, this is going to be fun to watch. oh yeah, i forgot there was a real topic here.. FORA should be nice to people. <_<
[/quote]

Probably going to be the quickest anarchy, with me being anarchied, in dueling history. My only hope is I last longer than, Mr. Excessive Fail himself, RyanGDI.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='15 March 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1268712652' post='2226982']
Probably going to be the quickest anarchy, with me being anarchied, in dueling history. My only hope is I last longer than, Mr. Excessive Fail himself, RyanGDI.
[/quote]

Ok, you made me laugh with a reference to that asshat! :laugh:

Edited by Ashen

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='16 March 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1268712652' post='2226982']
[/quote]

Then you must last longer than 1 GA, if I remember correctly.

Also, this incident reminds me of him, a lot.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='15 March 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1268707896' post='2226872']
Indeed, a member of BOC carried out what I assume is an unsanctioned attack on FORa. While this might not seem like The government of FORa instigated a sanctioned attack upon BOC. That is not "response" to BOC's attacks.

Also, you might have noticed that FORa clearly stated that the raid is out of boredom and not really defense so I wouldn't consider this a "response" to any danger.
[/quote]
I'm fairly sure that's the real reason behind every war in CN history.

I mean, would you run the risk of smashing yourself to bits if it wouldn't bring you at least a slight joy?

[quote name='Vilien' date='16 March 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1268765877' post='2227475']
Damsky gets to duel you? I've been even more vocal than he was in this thread. Sending a menacing PM would be the least you could do.
[/quote]

He asked nicely, you on the other hand represent that shrewish parody of that lady in that Adam Sandler movie that screams, "TECH RAIDING IS THE DEVIL!" Hence, dull, repetitive, and just too boring to be bothered with on an ongoing basis with all of your blathering and sermonizing. So no, dueling you isn't going to happen even if you do ask nicely.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='16 March 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1268785000' post='2227788']
He asked nicely, you on the other hand represent that shrewish parody of that lady in that Adam Sandler movie that screams, "TECH RAIDING IS THE DEVIL!" Hence, dull, repetitive, and just too boring to be bothered with on an ongoing basis with all of your blathering and sermonizing. So no, dueling you isn't going to happen even if you do ask nicely.
[/quote]
Put up or shut up?