Operation Clam Bake

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TsarPrinceps' date='15 March 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1268639796' post='2226184']
Sounds like you already made up your mind what you think. What's the point in trying to correct you?
[/quote]

For the lulz? Also by explaining yourselves properly might win yourselves some respect from other alliance. Having some kid come out here and say "we don't care what you think" is not going to help your cause.

Even if I don't agree what you done I will see how you respond to the topic and then generate an opinion of your alliance for future reference.

Very well then. We have been repeatedly attacked by rogues and feel a need for a show of force. We have done this twice before but kept it low-key in order to avoid the trolls of OWF like the plague they are, but that hasn't worked so now we're making a public spectacle of their fate in the hopes that it will deter future would-be rogues.

We're also having a lot of fun stomping them, and our alliance exists for the entertainment of the Forite masses. Are they not entertained? I daresay they are.

Those are our reasons in a nutshell. Agree or disagree, I would hope you concede that they're reasonable enough.

[quote name='TsarPrinceps' date='15 March 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1268642447' post='2226192']
Very well then. We have been repeatedly attacked by rogues and feel a need for a show of force. We have done this twice before but kept it low-key in order to avoid the trolls of OWF like the plague they are, but that hasn't worked so now we're making a public spectacle of their fate in the hopes that it will deter future would-be rogues.

We're also having a lot of fun stomping them, and our alliance exists for the entertainment of the Forite masses. Are they not entertained? I daresay they are.

Those are our reasons in a nutshell. Agree or disagree, I would hope you concede that they're reasonable enough.
[/quote]

Thank you for the response. I can understand the reasoning for making an example out of this alliance but it not going to change the fact that your alliance will get randomly hit by rogues from time to time so your efforts to deter others might be in vain. You should have just got PC to make a statement reminding people that your being protected by them and left out the whole "we are tech raiding this alliance" part.

Also remember what us trolls don't know will not hurt us. :P

Smashing them into rubble is good for alliance activity. Mostly, I proposed we mass raid BOC because I was bored, pixel harvesting does that to a person. They provided the outlet to vent my boredom and thus they've been set up as the outlet for that boredom. May the Admin save their souls for my boredom is great and they must pay the price for that dreadful state of affairs. As an alliance, and you can speak with PC about this is you are inclined, we rarely turn to our protectorate in dealing with rogues and such. We mostly ask them for advice and keep them advised on situations that come up.

We value our relationship with PC a great deal. However, we also feel that in order to be FORA, we have to work out our Business as Fora. Therefore, unless we absolutely have to we haven't requested help from PC, and won't unless we absolutely need to do so.

Thus far they haven't had to actively support us as we've been able to resolve all of our issues. We hope to keep this trend going.

Hmmm... Well, FORA, i love you guys, but like any good enemy, i must say... GO GET EM TBOC! :) lets hope FORA can do it all by themselves, and not have to cry for help ;)

[quote name='Vilien' date='15 March 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1268681660' post='2226430']
A raiding alliance complaining about getting attacked for no reason? Ha.
[/quote]
nice try. they werent complaining. they were just stating that those attacking them will be dealt with.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='15 March 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1268684861' post='2226501']
nice try. they werent complaining. they were just stating that those attacking them will be dealt with.
[/quote]
[quote]For some reason, FORA seems to have a sign on its back telling every last harebrained barely-aligned Digiterran to raid us. While it's awesome being so good at raiding that the targets come to you, [b]we've had to[/b] fight off two separate alliances [b]over this crap so far[/b] and we've barely been around for a month and a half.[/quote]
Drat, foiled again!

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='14 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1268635881' post='2226152']
Well hold the phone, here, this is a case of "both sides DURRR", but *only* because of PCs stance in defense of alliance raiding when it's one of their friends doing it. Raiding an alliance is no good, and from the vague description of events here, FORa doesn't seem to be doing anything problematic.
[/quote]

I was questioning their decision to raid the whole alliance based on the attack of one nation. I would consider that problematic. Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='14 March 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1268626338' post='2226018']
One person hurts your feelings and your going to punish the whole alliance. Not to mention that your only doing it because your bigger then them and you couldn't take your revenge for being tech raided out on anyone else. Wow you guys are so tough.
[/quote]
Quite honestly, I doubt Poison Clan and their allies would need much help settling a dispute between anyone of much size who raided them.

This is more of a public notice, like what NpO did to \m/.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1268689866' post='2226579']
Quite honestly, I doubt Poison Clan and their allies would need much help settling a dispute between anyone of much size who raided them.
[/quote]
You just restated the point of his post. Come on Rey.

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='15 March 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1268689945' post='2226581']
I wasn't aware launching retaliatory actions was complaining.
[/quote]
I believe I've already covered this.

Edited by Vilien

[quote name='Vilien' date='15 March 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1268689972' post='2226582']
You just restated the point of his post. Come on Rey.
[/quote]
[quote]
Not to mention that your only doing it because your bigger then them and you couldn't take your revenge for being tech raided out on anyone else.[/quote]
I think if my point and his point matched, there would be countless announcements like this on the OWF by FORA.