Poison Clan Announcement

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vhalen' date='11 March 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1268371031' post='2223035']
I think the primary reason they didn't say how much is that they were still "discussing that privately" with SBA.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

I do think the amount should be made public when it's settled. If not, I'll find a way to survive without it. :)

[quote name='x Tela x' date='12 March 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1268371828' post='2223069']
Wonder if this guy is as dramatic and anguished when speaking to his buddy, former tri of the evil Atlantic Empire, ally to Athens and member of the mighty Mushroom Kingdom?

Naw, he'd rather randomly attack someone that was just a regular member back then.
[/quote]

I nearly forgot about that fact. TY Tela :wub:

[quote name='Don Fernando' date='12 March 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1268371255' post='2223049']
Your not in our shoes, the same as I'm not in yours. I haven't judged you, why do you judge us. Peoples perspective on things changes with the position the set themselves in. I'm just glad i've met new people, and this whole mess got straightened out, despite the troubles we've had trying to get things fixed properly.
[/quote]
[quote name='Newhotness' date='12 March 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1268371816' post='2223068']
no, it just means i see it differently than you. as stated before our friends are still our friends and the people that hated us still hate us. The reason why they hate us may have changed, or their hate may have grown stronger, but the fact is they still hate us. So nothing has changed, and if nothing has changed, i see no harm being done by this incident
[/quote]
I wasn't aware it was particularly judgmental to suggest that anyone with a brain could see where the overwhelming public opinion was. This thread speaks volumes to the fact that, while the two of you may want to pretend otherwise, somebody in PC clearly noticed. And as for "nothing has changed," your comment about friends still being friends, allies still allies, and enemies still enemies...well, it doesn't include those who hadn't any strong opinion one way or another until this incident. So yeah, something's undoubtedly changed.

[quote name='Vhalen' date='12 March 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1268372612' post='2223093']
I wasn't aware it was particularly judgmental to suggest that anyone with a brain could see where the overwhelming public opinion was. This thread speaks volumes to the fact that, while the two of you may want to pretend otherwise, somebody in PC clearly noticed. And as for "nothing has changed," your comment about friends still being friends, allies still allies, and enemies still enemies...well, it doesn't include those who hadn't any strong opinion one way or another until this incident. So yeah, something's undoubtedly changed.
[/quote]
AND, as Don stated, new friends were made. And im sure new enemies have been made. So there was no real gain or loss as far as Good/Bad PR goes

Edit: for clarity

Edited by Newhotness

[quote name='Newhotness' date='12 March 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1268372786' post='2223096']
AND, as Don stated, [b]new[/b] friends were made. And im sure [b]new[/b] enemies have been made. so again, nothing new
[/quote]
On that note, I'm done with this thread.

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='11 March 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1268369384' post='2222995']
Glad to see SBA will be taken care of, but seriously...people congratulating PC and "good show" etc...come on...it's plaintively obvious that the ONLY reason PC is making good on reps to SBA is because of all the bad PR they received. Anyone who thinks otherwise or pretends it is for any reason other than that is living in the proverbial land of make believe...
[/quote]

HAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAH....

Poison Clan worried about bad PR? They are a raiding alliance.. why would they care one jot or tittle about PR?

[quote name='x Tela x' date='12 March 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1268371828' post='2223069']
Wonder if this guy is as dramatic and anguished when speaking to his buddy, former tri of the evil Atlantic Empire, ally to Athens and member of the mighty Mushroom Kingdom?

Naw, he'd rather randomly attack someone that was just a regular member back then.
[/quote]

To answer your question, I have never spoken to him. From that era, I made my peace with, and came to grips with, those events. The relevance to this situation is, as I said, about the cast of characters, talking about doing the right thing. See, one thing is constant on this planet. You do not escape your past. Echelon won't escape theirs. Augusta will not escape her's. NPO will not escape theirs. Athens will not escape ours(Ni! will ALWAYS be the 1st thing people think of when they say Athens now). Your word is really all you have. When you affix your name to a document..you give your word. What happens with that document, will, in a microcosm, define for the people involved...what your WORD means from that time on. Once you have enabled a wrong to occur, it diminishes your ability to speak out against similar, or the same wrongs. It is a chief reason that everything Echelon-associated, is almost universally dismissed. I am not breaking any new ground, it is simply the reality that your actions have created for yourself.

[quote name='Vhalen' date='12 March 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1268372942' post='2223098']
On that note, I'm done with this thread.
[/quote]
lol. i guess i coulda worded that better. im tired. but im sure you got my point either way. fixed that for ya cuz im sure you will check this thread one last time before you go

Edited by Newhotness

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='12 March 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1268371992' post='2223076']
I nearly forgot about that fact. TY Tela :wub:
[/quote]

This might come as a complete shock to you. You see, when two alliances are close(and Athens and MK are VERY close...except for that pesky Athens-MK divide) and each alliance having close to 200 members...people will have people in each alliance, that they do not like...they do not agree with...or they have some past negative history with. It is not a defining element of that relationship. And as such, I love MK. They are pretty much my favorite ally. Even if they accepted Mhawk, TBB, Tela and yourself tomorrow...they would STILL be my favorite ally. Because the GOOD relationships that I have with those I deal with on a daily basis, will far outweigh any negative that you, or your ilk could bring to them.

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='12 March 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1268373918' post='2223118']
Unless you reroll and change your nation and ruler name :blink:
[/quote]

Or unless you are (OOC) hospitalized 23 days with pneumonia thereby resulting in deletion (OOC). I am unsure what the point of your post was, so I will go with... lolwut?

[quote name='Parandiac' date='11 March 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1268368094' post='2222954']
PC made a firm statement regarding the acting MoFA because of his aptitude in his job. how is this spineless?
[/quote]

Because it was completely unnecessary and stupid. And the way they resolved it "Durr we're not gonna talk to you anymore" sounds like something I used to hear off the playground.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='11 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1268373129' post='2223103']
HAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAH....

Poison Clan worried about bad PR? They are a raiding alliance.. why would they care one jot or tittle about PR?
[/quote]
Because PR determines the fate of you alliance in the long run. PC likes to style themselves with the bad boy image, but they aren't stupid. They do realize the value of your image to CN at large.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='12 March 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1268374034' post='2223123']
Or unless you are (OOC) hospitalized 23 days with pneumonia thereby resulting in deletion (OOC). I am unsure what the point of your post was, so I will go with... lolwut?
[/quote]

Frankly all I can say is righttttttttttttt...and the point is even if your nation DID delete you could have kept the same nation name/ruler name on a reroll, rather than changing it to I dunno...escape your past perhaps :D

:EDIT: forgotten word meh

Edited by Augusta Antonia

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 March 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1268374042' post='2223124']
Because it was completely unnecessary and stupid. And the way they resolved it "Durr we're not gonna talk to you anymore" sounds like something I used to hear off the playground.
[/quote]

Or as in your brief stint in PC.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='12 March 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1268374241' post='2223129']
Because PR determines the fate of you alliance in the long run. PC likes to style themselves with the bad boy image, but they aren't stupid. They do realize the value of your image to CN at large.
[/quote]

PR in CN is worth more to some then others, as long as people take the time to talk to us / me before totally tripping out and verbally hashing it out with me, I have no problems. Also, there arn't many stupid people left in CN, except Twisted :wub:

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 March 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1268374042' post='2223124']
[/quote]

It is certainly well within PCs rights to refuse to deal with certain people. Some people approach every negotiation with an arrogance and an attitude that is not conducive to reaching an agreement. Often times a mediator can overcome this, but sometimes not. While I am relatively certain that at least a few people within Echelon would be diplomatic enough to deal with, I also realize there are a great many others, who are next to impossible. And sadly, Echelon continues to make those who are impossible to deal with, or those who are unable to ever recognize their own faults, and make a concerted effort to overcome them... the faces of their alliance. PC are, by and large, reasonable fellas. Except that Choader guy, he's pretty much a jerk :wub:.

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='11 March 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1268369919' post='2223008']
Oh I completely agree, however it's utter foolishness to applaud PC for doing what they should have done to begin with as if they are being righteous rather than caving to public pressure...Call it for what it is, not for what PC & Company's PR spin wants it to be seen as...
[/quote]

If you think we are caving to public pressure, you are sadly mistaken. We had been, as it is clearly stated in the OP, discussing the situation with various people from Echelon as well as through mediation every day since the raid occurred. Tonight we decided to cut out the middle man in Echelon, and we are getting in touch with SBA directly.

It's people like you that make me want to reverse any announcement we make in good faith to the people we have harmed, but I know SBA doesn't deserve to be punished for your ignorance. Just wait your turn I suppose..

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='12 March 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1268374248' post='2223130']
Frankly all I can say is righttttttttttttt...and the point is even if your nation DID delete you could have kept the same nation name/ruler name on a reroll, rather than changing it to I dunno...escape your past perhaps :D

:EDIT: forgotten word meh
[/quote]

Except that...for that to be true, I would actually have to, you know... hide my past. Which, I have never done. In fact, I talk about the old FINAL days with most of the old gang (not too bright if im ...you know...trying to escape my past)... I wear my past on my sleeve. I talk about FINAL with anyone who will listen :wub: offler...Frydchikn...Dragon...Murder... Fail assumption is fail.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='12 March 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1268374578' post='2223138']
If you think we are caving to public pressure, you are sadly mistaken. We had been, as it is clearly stated in the OP, discussing the situation with various people from Echelon as well as through mediation every day since the raid occurred. Tonight we decided to cut out the middle man in Echelon, and we are getting in touch with SBA directly.

It's people like you that make me want to reverse any announcement we make in good faith to the people we have harmed, but I know SBA doesn't deserve to be punished for your ignorance. Just wait your turn I suppose..
[/quote]

Twisted caved to pressure from me. I was unanimously selected as Athens puppet master to PC.

Please excuse me if I speak out of turn, I'm a novice when it comes to Planet Bob Politics. One I've been drinking beer and playing madden all night (So SBA can't be too bad right?) Also as of right now I am the defacto leader of SBA. We are currently undergoing a realignment away from a true democracy to something approaching a Republic. Quick recent history lesson on SBA, a few months ago stuff went down about a merger with Echelon, this rubbed most the wrong way, "oh noes bad stuff<Insert cat pic here>". Some left, most stayed, those that stayed got a bit lazy when it comes to Bobotics. We plan to change that, and are forming a core group of players to increase our size on planet Bob. That said, We LOVE Echelon. They rock our world, They've helped us when few have. When it comes to PC, we have been raided 3 times now, so that tends to jade our view of this alliance a bit, each time it turns into an OMG DRAMA! event. (OOC:We are from a sci fi debate board its what we do). That said I speak for all of SBA when I say we look forward to more peaceful relations with Planet Bob, including PC. Also to further prevent 'Miscommunication' I propose setting up a PC embassy at SBA.

Edit: Fixed a stupid typo with a random letter a in there somewhere....

Edited by Leftover Puppet

[quote name='Leftover Puppet' date='12 March 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1268374808' post='2223144']
Please excuse me if I speak out of turn, I'm a novice when it comes to Planet Bob Politics. One I've been drinking beer and playing madden all night (So SBA can't be too bad right?) Also as of right now I am the defacto leader of SBA. We are currently undergoing a realignment away from a true democracy to something approaching a Republic. Quick recent history lesson on SBA, a few months ago stuff went down about a merger with Echelon, this rubbed most the wrong way, "oh noes bad stuff<Insert cat pic here>". Some left, a most stayed, those that stayed got a bit lazy when it comes to Bobotics. We plan to change that, and are forming a core group of players to increase our size on planet Bob. That said, We LOVE Echelon. They rock our world, They've helped us when few have. When it comes to PC, we have been raided 3 times now, so that tends to jade our view of this alliance a bit, each time it turns into an OMG DRAMA! event. (OOC:We are from a sci fi debate board its what we do). That said I speak for all of SBA when I say we look forward to more peaceful relations with Planet Bob, including PC. Also to further prevent 'Miscommunication' I propose setting up a PC embassy at SBA.
[/quote]

You sir, just earned my respect. You should consider stopping by #athens and having a chat.

[quote name='Leftover Puppet' date='12 March 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1268374808' post='2223144']
Please excuse me if I speak out of turn, I'm a novice when it comes to Planet Bob Politics. One I've been drinking beer and playing madden all night (So SBA can't be too bad right?) Also as of right now I am the defacto leader of SBA. We are currently undergoing a realignment away from a true democracy to something approaching a Republic. Quick recent history lesson on SBA, a few months ago stuff went down about a merger with Echelon, this rubbed most the wrong way, "oh noes bad stuff<Insert cat pic here>". Some left, a most stayed, those that stayed got a bit lazy when it comes to Bobotics. We plan to change that, and are forming a core group of players to increase our size on planet Bob. That said, We LOVE Echelon. They rock our world, They've helped us when few have. When it comes to PC, we have been raided 3 times now, so that tends to jade our view of this alliance a bit, each time it turns into an OMG DRAMA! event. (OOC:We are from a sci fi debate board its what we do). That said I speak for all of SBA when I say we look forward to more peaceful relations with Planet Bob, including PC. Also to further prevent 'Miscommunication' I propose setting up a PC embassy at SBA.
[/quote]

I will have someone come over. Also you are welcome at our joint http://poisonclan.net/forums/index.php? :D