Ok, admit it, you spent the last few weeks watching Olympic Curling

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' date='11 March 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1268329330' post='2222247']
Side note:
I don't see what the point of this thread was. Poison clan already stated before this thread, reparations were not going to be paid.
So echelon government does what? Post a thread, whining about how ebil Poison Clan is? All this does is try to slander PC and make Echelon out to look like a bunch of cry babies. [/quote]
Not really. I for one feel that Echelon has come off very reasonably in this thread whilst PC have looked like incompetent twats (and I'm an avid raider/have always quite liked PC). You may not like it (probably because it's making your MADP partner look like idiots) but I think that bringing the issue to the public eye was one of the more productive moves that Echelon could have made given PC's stubbornness to pay anything as reparations.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caffine1' date='11 March 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1268347951' post='2222519']
[url="http://twitter.com/PC_Raids"]http://twitter.com/PC_Raids[/url]
[/quote]

Really? [i]Really[/i]? Someone thought this was necessary?

[quote name='Caffine1' date='12 March 2010 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1268347951' post='2222519']
Yesterday alone, two of Poison Clan's tech raid targets were first strike nuked.
[/quote]
I would love to hear the justification they come up with for using first strike nukes in a tech raid and how they can still call it a tech raid after that.

My understanding is that a tech raid is restricted to 2 ground attacks and a peace offer.

Dropping nukes kind of defeats the purpose.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='11 March 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1268350145' post='2222568']
I would love to hear the justification they come up with for using first strike nukes in a tech raid and how they can still call it a tech raid after that.

My understanding is that a tech raid is restricted to 2 ground attacks and a peace offer.

[/quote]
Raids are about aggression, not profit, and have been that way for a long time.

[quote name='Vilien' date='11 March 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1268350240' post='2222569']
[/quote]
Going to have to agree with you here. I don't mind nuking a raid if he gets to fiesty.

[quote name='Vilien' date='11 March 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1268350240' post='2222569']
[/quote]
Sometimes you just have to vent :(

Edited by Rey the Great

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='11 March 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1268350145' post='2222568']

[/quote]

Because PC absolutely has to answer for these acts in a thread Echelon started about them attacking one of their protectorates. There's no need for the nuked nations to personally contact PC when PC is already on the world's stage being scrutinized, right?

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Gorard' date='11 March 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1268326296' post='2222194']
Hasn't this been resolved yet, this just makes Echelon look weak, you should have dealt with this privately.
[/quote]

Echelon attempted that. PC told them to sod off. Since PC has attacked SBA several times, I think the thread is quite appropriate. It's going to be awful hard for PC to make up yet another "Oh, we didn't know they were protected" excuse if they do it again.

[quote name='Tick1' date='11 March 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1268328085' post='2222219']
Ruggerdawg, in all honesty from chats that I've read in our IRC channel. Posion Clan literally thought that Spacebattle.com Alliance had merged.
[/quote]

In that case, they made a mistake, as SBA and Echelon had not merged, and SBA was still under protection. Something which had been explained to PC the last time you raided SBA.

And your raiding rules cover that situation.

[quote]8) In the event that a person raids a protected or treatied alliance by mistake, they will lose their raid privileges for the next thirty (30) days, and will pay reparations to compensate for the damage done.
[/quote]

If you would simply follow your own rules, you could apologize, pay reps, and quit acting like jerks and blaming other people for your the raid that you screwed up.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' date='11 March 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1268329330' post='2222247']
I don't see what the point of this thread was. Poison clan already stated before this thread, reparations were not going to be paid.

So echelon government does what? Post a thread, whining about how ebil Poison Clan is? All this does is try to slander PC and make Echelon out to look like a bunch of cry babies. With that said though.
[/quote]

Telling the truth and slander are not the same thing.

And the purpose of this thread is to keep PC from continuing to raid SBA while paying no damages and saying "Hey, it was a mistake, in fact it was your mistake, we didn't know". Which is what they've done so far. Apparently Echelon should have made this more public the *last* time PC raided SBA.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='11 March 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1268334470' post='2222328']
Let see if I understood this properly. You are saying in the middle of a flair up over attacking a small alliance with a treaty, other alliances are planning to do the same thing post war?
[/quote]

You aren't thinking your argument through. PC has *already* attacked a small alliance with a treaty, and won't even admit that they shouldn't have, much less say "I'm sorry" and pay the reps that they should.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='11 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268351378' post='2222588']
feisty?

What do you mean by this?
[/quote]
I think he means that while tech raids are generally restricted to ground attacks, if the raidee retaliates, the raider is likely to waive those restrictions.

Edit: an errant word

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' date='11 March 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1268349670' post='2222558']
hahahahaha, you made a !@#$@#$ twitter on PC raids.

Jesus christ you guys are pathetic
[/quote]

You know, I expect better out of an MK government member. Especially the one who holds my old position.

EDIT: But I agree with your point. A twitter feed is a little overboard.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='11 March 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1268349339' post='2222547']
I double !@#$@#$ dog dare you to try a move on PC.[/quote]

TY for that! I lol'd. Seriously though, I said nothing about making a move on anyone, I was merely hoping that the justification would be more than a "do something" or "noU" reply. *shrug*

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='11 March 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1268350475' post='2222571']
Going to have to agree with you here. I don't mind nuking a raid if he gets to fiesty.
[/quote]

How dare people stand up for themselves. The nerve of some people.

fakEDIT: Sarcasm.

[quote name='Baldr' date='11 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1268351500' post='2222593']
You aren't thinking your argument through. PC has *already* attacked a small alliance with a treaty, and won't even admit that they shouldn't have, much less say "I'm sorry" and pay the reps that they should.
[/quote]
No I was replying to The Big Bad's statement that alliances were already preparing to take out "other" alliances with similar behavior.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='11 March 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1268351378' post='2222588']
feisty?

What do you mean by this?
[/quote]

I don't know where you got the idea tech raids are universally limited to "two GA's" Tech raids can and sometimes do escalate into all out war, including nukes.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='11 March 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1268352397' post='2222609']
If you nuke someone for defending themselves, you're pathetic.
[/quote]
If you retaliate against a nation with nukes without being ready to accept the consequences, you should hire a new strategist.

Edit: Poor choice 'o words

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='11 March 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1268352561' post='2222613']
If you retaliate against a nation with nukes without being ready to accept the consequences, you should hire a new strategist.

[/quote]

So now nations with nukes are allowed to raid at will? And ....never mind...it really isn't worth it.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='ktarthan' date='11 March 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1268352561' post='2222613']

[/quote]
I say this with respect: It doesn't matter.
You raid someone, with or without nukes, and they defend themselves..yes, YOU began the raid and he has EVERY right to defend himself. Nuking targets in the day was seen as a militarist weakness; meaning you were doing it wrong. When did this whole "its acceptable to nuke raid targets" become acceptable?

Airme, we're getting too old in this world.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='11 March 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1268352931' post='2222619']
You raid someone, with or without nukes, and they defend themselves..yes, YOU began the raid and he has EVERY right to defend himself. Nuking targets in the day was seen as a militarist weakness; meaning you were doing it wrong. When did this whole "its acceptable to nuke raid targets" become acceptable?

[/quote]

You're telling me. Damn kids on my Imperial Lawn!

[quote name='AirMe' date='11 March 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1268351589' post='2222595']
You know, I expect better out of an MK government member. Especially the one who holds my old position.

EDIT: But I agree with your point. A twitter feed is a little overboard.
[/quote]
You expected a what out of MT?

[quote name='AirMe' date='11 March 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1268352810' post='2222618']
So now nations with nukes are allowed to raid at will?
[/quote]
I really don't think that's what I said.

[quote]

[/quote]
I agree that a raidee has every right to defend themselves, and I don't think that I would personally ever resort to nukes during a raid. However, I am against the idea that it is intrinsically wrong to use any tool of warfare against a nation that intends to deal harm to your nation. Regardless of how the conflict was started. Maybe it's a jerk move for jerks, sure, but if someone retaliates against a nuke bearing nation they should have the foresight to realize the potential outcome.