The Future of Neo-Hegemony ?

[quote name='janax' date='11 March 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1268289215' post='2221910']
You need to draw the circle under TOP and get us out from that grouping.

We were part of the "make the world a better place" faction of Karma.
[/quote]

And such a better place it has become. :awesome:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='11 March 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1268289845' post='2221923']
It is simplistic, but thats the purpose of models, to make sense of more complex systems. I hope you aren't trying to deny that there are different spheres of power in CN. To say that would just be noobish.
[/quote]
heh- there are- but there are more than four- and they certainly overlap. Using a 3D model, putting it on a 2D screen capture and then drawling lines around 'clusters' is not a way to look at it, however.

In other news- I just realised the NPO is included in the C&G sphere (tucked in behind MK) :P

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Banksy' date='11 March 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1268291075' post='2221943']
In other news- I just realised the NPO is included in the C&G sphere (tucked in behind MK) :P
[/quote]
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='10 March 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1268283223' post='2221810']
My treaty partners told me Invicta and UPN told them that wanted TOP and IRON to perma ZI all of C&G and make us tech farms.
[/quote]
Your grammar is in need of a subject somewhere.

(It's not quite did you polar level, but that sentence - well there's a clause without a subject in it.)

Planet Bob once again has a web with two sides. Does everyone remember the classic scenario with The League vs. The Initiative? Probably not too many veterans of those wars here. It was a two-sided web way back when during GW2 and GW3. The League lost and collasped and then so did the Initiative several months later. Sooner or later this process will be repeated again. It's just a matter of who and when.

[quote name='Puppet Master' date='11 March 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1268290009' post='2221930']
And such a better place it has become. :awesome:
[/quote]

Indeed, but that is why we fought.

[quote name='flak attack']
How funny that TOP ended up fighting a war against free speech almost a year later.
[/quote]

While freedom of speech may protect you from legal prosecution, it doesn't save you from consequences. Go tell your boss or teacher to perform some anatomically impossible acts upon him/herself and see where that gets you. Say whatever you like, but accept the consequences of saying them.
Also, I haven't ever, nor will I ever, support what certain parties did in this war. I'm old fashioned like that.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='09 March 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1268118173' post='2219062']
\m/, RoK and PC will be running the show in a few month's time.
[/quote]

We arent already?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='11 March 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1268317222' post='2222110']

(It's not quite did you polar level, but that sentence - well there's a clause without a subject in it.)
[/quote]
It's just missing a word.

"My treaty partners told me Invicta and UPN told them that [b]they[/b] wanted TOP and IRON to perma ZI all of C&G and make us tech farms."

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Haflinger' date='10 March 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1268260490' post='2221320']
It'd be a little easier if people we signed treaties with didn't get visits from C&G government reminding them of how we're supposed to stay isolated.
[/quote]

It'd be easier if those people said "screw you" like we'd tell them if they came over.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='11 March 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1268317222' post='2222110']

[/quote]
You're right. Pardon me, I forgot a 'they'.
Apparently you understood the message though.
Point being. You can't trust everything on hearsay. Vox should have taught you that much at least.

[quote name='Razgriz90' date='11 March 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1268318324' post='2222116']
Planet Bob once again has a web with two sides. Does everyone remember the classic scenario with The League vs. The Initiative? Probably not too many veterans of those wars here. It was a two-sided web way back when during GW2 and GW3. The League lost and collasped and then so did the Initiative several months later. Sooner or later this process will be repeated again. It's just a matter of who and when.
[/quote]

Probably more than you'd first expect.

Though I can't see this comparison being very popular. There's definitely 'sides' for once, but nobody in their right mind would want to be called the next 'Initiative' due to its now derogative meaning.

And even more, few would want to be seen as the next League (or even worse - [i]Aegis[/i] :v: ) considering what happened there.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='11 March 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1268326509' post='2222197']
You must be, I mean none of this stuff happened until Hoo came back. :awesome:
[/quote]

:o

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='11 March 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1268338186' post='2222384']
Dont worry, were couping him soon.
[/quote]

You've been saying that for going on three years now. You are the slowest conspirator ever. :wub:

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='11 March 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1268343496' post='2222450']
:o

You've been saying that for going on three years now. You are the slowest conspirator ever. :wub:
[/quote]

remember these words for the day shall come

[quote]I'd also dispute the sweeping statements you made regarding C&G-SF government relations. They certainly subscribe to the same beliefs at the moment, but personally I don't think 'adore' is the right word to use when talking about long-term political relations.[/quote]

Then let me confirm it as someone involved. I adore CnG, except for CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WHO KNOW WHO THEY ARE LOND-

I-I've said too much.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 March 2010 - 03:15 AM' timestamp='1268382020' post='2223242']
Then let me confirm it as someone involved. I adore CnG, except for CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WHO KNOW WHO THEY ARE LOND-

I-I've said too much.
[/quote]

Quick guys they've shown their weakness :ph34r:

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='12 March 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1268343496' post='2222450']
[/quote]

He was waiting for the proper co-conspirators, now with Spider, valt and me around... dun dun dun.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='11 March 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1268335923' post='2222349']
You're right. Pardon me, I forgot a 'they'.
Apparently you understood the message though.
Point being. You can't trust everything on hearsay. Vox should have taught you that much at least.
[/quote]
Errr, it wasn't hearsay. Hearsay would be if they were saying "I heard C&G went and talked to someone else." It was "C&G came and talked to me."

Using the term 'neo-Hegemony' for the alliances that made up the old Hegemony is disingenous sophistry. The neo-Hegemony is Supercomplaints, if there is such a thing at the moment (we'll see by how they treat TOP/IRON – pretty hegemonic so far – and what they do in the next few months).

The Remnants will have to play the same game that groups like C&G did under the previous hegemony: keep quiet, don't give people an excuse to roll you, and stick together.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='12 March 2010 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1268396554' post='2223305']
Errr, it wasn't hearsay. Hearsay would be if they were saying "I heard C&G went and talked to someone else." It was "C&G came and talked to me."
[/quote]
But you can't name names. :ph34r:

Or you could be like other people where you name names and then we find out they didn't say what you claim they said.

But I won't say who those people are.