The Future of Neo-Hegemony ?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' date='09 March 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1268148359' post='2219288']
See what I mean?

I thank you for making my point.
[/quote]

Actually you're proving my point, you're being sore losers. At least when MK and friends got stomped in WoTC they didn't run away to form their own little gated community because they didn't want to play by your rules, and it's not like we're forcing any rules on you.

Suck it up and take it like a man.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Alterego' date='09 March 2010 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1268117608' post='2219052']
There is another option, neo-hegemony as you call them could break away from the rest of the world and not participate with anything or anyone outside the grouping. The lack of conflicting treaties would make this an easy move.A new home base [ooc]forum[ooc] could be established and only those alliances inside this grouping be permitted to sign up. All foreign trade, foreign affairs, foreign wars would be restricted (including this place). If our only options are to suck up to the C&G/SF crowd or be beat down again in the next we should just go our own way en masse and leave them to amuse themselves on Bob while we start a new life without them.
[/quote]

So, If we(SuperComplaints) run you(Neo-Heg) off the planet or in to your own little Tenpenny Tower...then we win right?

The prospect of this makes me :gush:

Edited by scythegfx

What's this "we" stuff? You don't see Argent in that circle, and in fact, only 1 ally (an ODP) is even in that circle although others are close.

I was making a suggestion TO them, not as them. Fark is on radio silence, why don't you go taunt them about it.

I see no reason why people should care one way or another whether or not IRON, Invicta, TPF etc announce things to the world through this venue. All people do its take the chance to try and irritate others. Makes sense to me that without the forum "aggressive discussions", there's be less chance for hostility and everyone could do their own thing.

[quote name='janax' date='09 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1268148979' post='2219301']
What's this "we" stuff? You don't see Argent in that circle, and in fact, only 1 ally (an ODP) is even in that circle although others are close.

I was making a suggestion TO them, not as them. Fark is on radio silence, why don't you go taunt them about it.

I see no reason why people should care one way or another whether or not IRON, Invicta, TPF etc announce things to the world through this venue. All people do its take the chance to try and irritate others. Makes sense to me that without the forum "aggressive discussions", there's be less chance for hostility and everyone could do their own thing.
[/quote]

Fark has always been on radio silence from what I remember they didn't decide to do so because they lost a war. Without the forum discussions there'd be less chance of fun and explosions and all that dirty politicking. [OOC]As a result this game will die and hemorrhage members quicker than a Hummer eating up gas[/OOC] Therefore, this is a stupid idea.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

I don't understand the line of thinking taken by people in (pretty bad) "Neo-Hegemony" alliances in here.

MK (for example) didn't become a good military alliance solely because we were outsiders. Some of the best players in the game got together, led by [one of] the greatest leader[s] in the game's history. They set up a stable and powerful system, accepted only members who would fight for the alliance (when this was unfashionable) and taught them well. A community developed, it became able to work and fight together.

IRON, NPO, Legion...these alliances don't become as good as MK overnight, just because MK is in a better position than them politically for a while. MK does not become useless and complacent while fighting someone like TOP.

Build your infra, strengthen your resolve all you like, but don't dismiss CnG and SF as "lulz alliances".

[b][Edit][/b] I personally support the idea that Alterego might never post on these forums again. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Edited by Rocky Horror

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='09 March 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1268149184' post='2219307']
Fark has always been on radio silence from what I remember they didn't decide to do so because they lost a war. Without the forum discussions there'd be less chance of fun and explosions and all that dirty politicking. [OOC]As a result this game will die and hemorrhage members quicker than a Hummer eating up gas[/OOC] Therefore, this is a stupid idea.
[/quote]

Times change. Maybe radio silence is just what is needed.

[quote name='janax' date='09 March 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1268149998' post='2219312']
Times change. Maybe radio silence is just what is needed.
[/quote]
Radio silence isn't really my thing, but the more I see crying about the thought of it, the more I am considering supporting this.

i agree with Alterego on most things, but isolationism is not the way to go. If someone is wrong you disagree with them. If they are very wrong you war with them. You do not hide from them or wall yourselves off and allow the lunatics to terrify the weak.

Intellect doesn't always mean you win the wars. Heck, the current war hasn't been concluded yet.

Lets go through the last few wars (using the wiki for name/result).

GLOF-57th: GLOF Withdrew/White Peace

FCC-FDA: FCC Won/No Terms

57th-BC War: White Peace

TPF War: White Peace

NEW-ZDP War: NEW Pays 9mil/ZDP pays 3mil

CSN-Justice War: White Peace

RLMMO War: ZDP pays reps

WF-UED War: WF apologizes

Ironwood-FDA War: White Peace/Beer Review

ICB-UCR War: White Peace

Where in that is "Neo-hegemony" losing?

This title was probably the dumbest thing I have ever read in these forums - and there's some wide material out there.

Overall, I'd say I disagree with raasaa. Watching the come back BLEU did post-WoTC, I have absolutelly no doubt pretty much everyone who took a beating this war could overcome whoever through discipline and effort.

Furthermore, power corrupts. We have seen that with Athens, and we'll see it with someone else again. That one time it wasn't enough to allienate key allies, like NPO did, but with time and repetition, it eventually will.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='09 March 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1268151255' post='2219323']
Furthermore, power corrupts. We have seen that with Athens, and we'll see it with someone else again. That one time it wasn't enough to allienate key allies, like NPO did, but with time and repetition, it eventually will.
[/quote]
This is pretty much the key to the cycle of revenge and power swapping in this game. Once you have power, you are sorely tempted to use it to the fullest, and everyone has their grudges they feel need filling.

My hope is when the pendulum swings once more, the new power chooses to break the cycle of revenge. That would be the greatest boost for the health of our world. I am not optimistic, though. The cycle of revenge feels more like a feedback loop.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='09 March 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1268151255' post='2219323']
Overall, I'd say I disagree with raasaa. Watching the come back BLEU did post-WoTC, I have absolutelly no doubt pretty much everyone who took a beating this war could overcome whoever through discipline and effort.
[/quote]
Which part of my post dod u disagree with :o

[quote name='raasaa' date='09 March 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1268141056' post='2219206']
Laying low and rebuilding will work, but at the same time the CnG, SF and BLEU 2.0 will also rebuild and grow stronger. However you spin it, Neo Hegemony will end up with the short end of the stick, unless they pull a mhawk and send a team of spies to each alliance, attempting to destroy it from the inside :P
[/quote]

This one :P

Besides, the concept of BLEU 2.0 is confuse :)

[quote name='bigwoody' date='10 March 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1268151462' post='2219325']
This is pretty much the key to the cycle of revenge and power swapping in this game. Once you have power, you are sorely tempted to use it to the fullest, and everyone has their grudges they feel need filling.

My hope is when the pendulum swings once more, the new power chooses to break the cycle of revenge. That would be the greatest boost for the health of our world. I am not optimistic, though. The cycle of revenge feels more like a feedback loop.
[/quote]
I have been saying this for months.

I would like to see just one war end with everyone shaking hands and calling it even. rather than one side driving the other to bankruptcy and years of ruin that will only serve to deepen the resentment of the war.

I would like to see wars end with peace treaties that actually try an achieve peace and reconciliation rather than try to turn the losing alliance into a permanent tech farm for the winners to be used to fuel further conquests.

[quote name='Alterego' date='08 March 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1268117608' post='2219052']
There is another option, neo-hegemony as you call them could break away from the rest of the world and not participate with anything or anyone outside the grouping. The lack of conflicting treaties would make this an easy move.A new home base [ooc]forum[ooc] could be established and only those alliances inside this grouping be permitted to sign up. All foreign trade, foreign affairs, foreign wars would be restricted (including this place). If our only options are to suck up to the C&G/SF crowd or be beat down again in the next we should just go our own way en masse and leave them to amuse themselves on Bob while we start a new life without them.
[/quote]

Lol

"I am taking my ball and I am going home!"

The name 'Neo-hegemony' for the group of alliances you indicate implies that they have somehow managed to gain control of the 'verse. I suggest a different name.

The true "hegemony" if such a thing exists, would be the SF-C&G combination. I don't see anyone even attempting to challenge it, yet the OP seems to suggest that there will be a third war already.

Wonder if he knows something I don't? :mellow:

[quote name='Lusitan' date='09 March 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1268152400' post='2219337']
This one :P

Besides, the concept of BLEU 2.0 is confuse :)
[/quote]
BLEU 2.0...well..i am just going by the names and circles drawn by the OP. I dont have the enthusiasm to scrutinize those names or circles and ensure that they are politically correct :P

The Neo-Hegemony alliances are definitely learning, are stronger than they were during Karma war, but they do have ways to go before they can actually match up to the rebuilding and war efficiency of SF / CnG. Neo-Hegemony might have more NS compared to SF, CnG and BLEU 2.0 combined, but how much of that NS can fight :unsure:

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='09 March 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1268151026' post='2219321']
Intellect doesn't always mean you win the wars. Heck, the current war hasn't been concluded yet.

Lets go through the last few wars (using the wiki for name/result).

GLOF-57th: GLOF Withdrew/White Peace

FCC-FDA: FCC Won/No Terms

57th-BC War: White Peace

TPF War: White Peace

NEW-ZDP War: NEW Pays 9mil/ZDP pays 3mil

CSN-Justice War: White Peace

RLMMO War: ZDP pays reps

WF-UED War: WF apologizes

Ironwood-FDA War: White Peace/Beer Review

ICB-UCR War: White Peace

Where in that is "Neo-hegemony" losing?
[/quote]

To answer, I am mainly looking at major wars. the first being Karma, the next being this war, which I believe to be a loss by neo-hegemony. I would also count the TPF war to a DEGREE because when that was going on I had no confidence in our chances of winning the war, but just hoped to make Rok, Athens and friends take heavy losses for attacking my ally TPF. (I was in BTO at the time btw)

[quote name='wolverines1' date='09 March 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1268154473' post='2219377']
The name 'Neo-hegemony' for the group of alliances you indicate implies that they have somehow managed to gain control of the 'verse. I suggest a different name.

The true "hegemony" if such a thing exists, would be the SF-C&G combination. I don't see anyone even attempting to challenge it, yet the OP seems to suggest that there will be a third war already.

Wonder if he knows something I don't? :mellow:
[/quote]

I agree, I tried to use names I've seen others use frequently. Personally I prefer the name Remnant, b/c these alliances are a remnant of where true power used to be held in CN, it was a name used in a post a few months ago.

As far as knowing something, you don't, if I did know something you didn't, that would be opsec, and I wouldn't be posting it. What I do know, that is common knowledge, is that major wars eventually happen. They also tend to come from tension that is developed during school breaks, especially summer and Christmas breaks. The TPF war is an example, it happened right after Christmas. It probably no coincidence that ZH told Athens their secret during that time. It was likely when the government of ZH had the time.

[quote name='kenny the microwave' date='09 March 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1268127723' post='2219132']
The only chance Neo-Hegomony has is to cause a rift between SuperComplaints, anything short of this will just end in another curbstomp, lets look at it shall we.

[/quote]

This is simply not the case. "Supercomplaints" and immediate associates were not the strongest group coming into the war. It was only the indecisive behavior of those leading our coalition that caused the numbers to build up in their favor.

There need not be a rift between CnG and Supercomplaints for them to be defeated. They're a small part of a much larger world.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='09 March 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1268149837' post='2219310']

Build your infra, strengthen your resolve all you like, but don't dismiss CnG and SF as "lulz alliances".

[/quote]

There is still a lot of dead weight in your bloc. Your alliance is not it, can't say the same about others. There's even more dead weight on Superfriends.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='09 March 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1268154100' post='2219371']
Disbanding your alliance and leaving for the moon is not as fun as it seems. Trust me.
[/quote]
You are taking me the wrong way. I mean do a grey council, become neutral and not participate in global politics, trade or wars. Everything would be internal. Anyway Im not saying we should do it just that there are more than 2 choices.

[quote name='Desert Ratz' date='09 March 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1268153500' post='2219357']
Lol

"I am taking my ball and I am going home!"
[/quote]
LOL LoSS, nuff said.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='bigwoody' date='09 March 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1268150271' post='2219315']
Radio silence isn't really my thing, but the more I see crying about the thought of it, the more I am considering supporting this.
[/quote]

I don't care either way whether you decide to go on radio silence or not, I just think it's silly.