Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' date='08 March 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1268084706' post='2218318']
It's almost as if you don't know what being staggered does
[/quote]
With enough wonders one can rebuild from ZI past 1k infra buying nukes and being stronger than most in their strength range. Once you hit ZI and the lower NS opponents declare on you its smooth sailing having the tech advantage, as well as the wonder advantage with nukes against newer nations. Two aid slots of cash is enough for someone without a warchest at ZI to rebuild enough infra to buy more nukes to launch.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 March 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1268085108' post='2218325']
With enough wonders one can rebuild from ZI past 1k infra buying nukes and being stronger than most in their strength range. Once you hit ZI and the lower NS opponents declare on you its smooth sailing having the tech advantage, as well as the wonder advantage with nukes against newer nations. Two aid slots of cash is enough for someone without a warchest at ZI to rebuild enough infra to buy more nukes to launch.
[/quote]

They won't have a chance to choose their targets (save for the few that are in peace mode) due to anarchy - they're getting declared on by high tech/low infra nations as well. The difference here is that we have enough to cycle in and out and wear them down.

[quote name='lebubu' date='08 March 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1268085894' post='2218341']
They won't have a chance to choose their targets (save for the few that are in peace mode) due to anarchy - they're getting declared on by high tech/low infra nations as well. The difference here is that we have enough to cycle in and out and wear them down.
[/quote]
Instead of wearing all those nations down in the process of doing that, I think 20+ alliances involved there, you could offer TOP another counter offer somewhere in between yours and theirs.

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1268086373' post='2218355']
Instead of wearing all those nations down in the process of doing that, I think 20+ alliances involved there, you could offer TOP another counter offer somewhere in between yours and theirs.
[/quote]

We haven't given up on peace talks. ;)

[quote name='Urmom(U)' date='08 March 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1268072993' post='2218121']
Here's my thoughts:

1) I don't mind paying reps. In hind sight, our attack was not the best move and was aggressive in nature. We should have just allowed CnG to attack us.
2) This is a game. I would like to be able to get the terms over in a month or two. The terms asked would have us paying them for probably half a year to a year. What would be the point of me going through that effort? I'd probably just quit or go rogue.
3) Yes we attacked you, but you prolonged the war. It should have just ended after Polaris $%&@ed us over, since that's who we were fighting for. The whole "well then you would've just been better prepared to attack us later" is bs. It would've swayed the minds of the people in TOP thinking CnG were out to get us since you committed an act out of good faith towards us. And at that point we would have wanted to kill Polaris not you. Now we are thinking less and less of CnG.
[/quote]

The highest rep figure thrown around (for TOP) could be paid in 61 days. IRON's reps are much smaller yet they have a higher capacity to pay, meaning they could get done much faster and possibly help you as well. Realistically, because 100% slot usage is hard (though TOP probably could achieve higher slot usage than any other alliance in the game), a more realistic time frame would be 3-4 months. That's not bad at all. For an alliance that is somewhere around 40 months old, 3 months of reps is nothing.

Edit: The time frame above is for paying 500k tech. Meaning 350k tech could probably be paid in 41-51 days.

Edited by renegade4box

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='08 March 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1268117898' post='2219058']
Its kind of hard to be well connected when you no longer exist.
[/quote]

I wonder if that is why he used it in the past-tense...

Good luck TOP. I hope you guys are offered more merciful reps.

[quote name='jaaku' date='08 March 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1268080884' post='2218247']
Paying reps to what CnG lost? Sure, I could understand that argument. Paying reps to everyone else because they decided to join in on a beatdown? That's not something i could agree with.

To allude to whoever posted that medical bill analogy. I'm pretty certain that TOP is willing to pay some cash to who they punched. But when the rest of their buddies at the bar decide to join in and want cash for their bloody knuckles, they can keep on walking.
[/quote]

Shush you!!!

LoSS demands 1 billion in aid or the equivalent of that in tech just from you!!!! muwahahaha vengeance is ours!

:v:

[quote name='jaaku' date='08 March 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1268080884' post='2218247']
Paying reps to what CnG lost? Sure, I could understand that argument. Paying reps to everyone else because they decided to join in on a beatdown? That's not something i could agree with.
[/quote]That will be 571k tech up to 2/3, plus a few hundred billion in war costs and lost collections :psyduck:

Glad we can agree on reasonable terms.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='09 March 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1268152026' post='2219332']
There's a different route going on then what people outside the loop are thinking. ;)

Also, hi Nemesis. :wub:
[/quote]

Ahh, I was just wondering is all.

<3 IAA

<3 Voodoo Novas siggy.

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='09 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1268158321' post='2219435']
TOP should send all its tech to one individual who proves to be the very best...like no one ever was.
[/quote]
We decide who that is with a Robot Unicorn Attack competition, right?

[quote name='flak attack' date='09 March 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1268169102' post='2219606']
We decide who that is with a Robot Unicorn Attack competition, right?
[/quote]

A Robot Unicorn Attack competition? I thought you would have picked a game you had a chance with. :smug:

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='10 March 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1268176511' post='2219784']
A Robot Unicorn Attack competition? I thought you would have picked a game you had a chance with. :smug:
[/quote]
The gauntlet has been thrown good sirs. We must accept and teach these scallywags the virtues of humility.

In the Karma War when those fighting Echelon were keeping them at war very long and TOP had already assisted for the most part, but I thought it honorable when they gave white peace to Echelon separate rather than sign with terms they were highly against and had no say in. Despite the flak TOP took from pushers of high reps back then, I found that very honorable of them at the time despite not holding a high opinion of Echelon then. At a certain point if the terms don't represent you and the war is out of your control separate white peace makes sense for some alliances here in my opinion.

If anyone fighting TOP or others are against the high terms they could peace out separate and that would pressure MK to go with lighter terms somewhat. There is no precedent that once you go to war you need to stay at war until everyone can get whatever reps they want out of your opponent. Those assisting C&G have already well fulfilled defensive obligations that TOP and IRON have both lost sanction, as well as willing to surrender with some reps to CnG. CnG is no longer in a defensive situation, now its more of a war of revenge for the initial attacks that started it even though TOP doesn't have interest in continuing since day one.

Edited by Methrage