Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='shilo' date='07 March 2010 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1267976008' post='2216860']
What I do wonder is that: Do they realize that while they keep dishing out damage to us, they are taking at least as much as well, incase of a turtling nations even more? And thus weaken themselves daily by insisting on reparations that simply are beyond reason? I hope they do at one point.
[/quote]

You just don't want to pay the reps they asked for.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1267976102' post='2216861']
[/quote]
Well, I think that's been clear for quite a while now?

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1267976102' post='2216861']
[/quote]
why would they want too? I'm on the opposite side of the battle as TOP, but even i can realize that there is going to be no winners in this war regardless of the outcome. TOP is going to decimate CnG (well mostly MK and ODN who are carrying the lions share of the load for CnG) and TOP will be in all likelyhood broken beyond repair by the end of this war (not sure they care a whole lot about this though tbh)

So the question becomes, why would they want to pay reps when they can still dish out a ton of damage to a group of alliances that they have wanted a piece of for a long time?

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 March 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1267981350' post='2216933']
why would they want too? I'm on the opposite side of the battle as TOP, but even i can realize that there is going to be no winners in this war regardless of the outcome. TOP is going to decimate CnG (well mostly MK and ODN who are carrying the lions share of the load for CnG) and TOP will be in all likelyhood broken beyond repair by the end of this war (not sure they care a whole lot about this though tbh)

So the question becomes, why would they want to pay reps when they can still dish out a ton of damage to a group of alliances that they have wanted a piece of for a long time?
[/quote]

I don't know. I don't really care. This has just been the most fun I've had in CN for a while. :P

and El, technically Polar is on its own side. Hell, this war has been good for one thing thus far....bringing down the score of nearly every alliance and closing the gaps that used to exist.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1267982013' post='2216945']
I don't know. I don't really care. This has just been the most fun I've had in CN for a while. :P

and El, technically Polar is on its own side. Hell, this war has been good for one thing thus far....bringing down the score of nearly every alliance and closing the gaps that used to exist.
[/quote]
Polaris is at peace with VE/GOD/Kronos etc. our only open front is against TOP making it clearly one side ;)

the war has been fun/frusterating/annoying/good times once the dust settles it'll be interesting to see where everyone stands.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 March 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1267981350' post='2216933']

[/quote]
The same was said about NPO in karma. NPO choose to pay reps to avoid being completely obliterated. While TOP is better prepared for war it's just another month before most of them are in bill-lock. At that point they'll have no leverage at all when trying to negotiate. It's up to them when they pay reps but they will pay them and I doubt they'll be getting any smaller with time.

[quote name='neneko' date='07 March 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1267983837' post='2216967']
The same was said about NPO in karma. NPO choose to pay reps to avoid being completely obliterated. While TOP is better prepared for war it's just another month before most of them are in bill-lock. At that point they'll have no leverage at all when trying to negotiate. It's up to them when they pay reps but they will pay them and I doubt they'll be getting any smaller with time.
[/quote]
TOP will always have leverage. They are too thick headed to give in to something they inherently disagree with and their numbers and/or stats will not affect that. Last thing they wish to do is surrender with what they perceive as unreasonable reps; the more this war progresses, the LESS you're likely to collect the amount of reps you deem as worthily. This is because their incapability of paying reparations increases, thus, their unlikeliness to surrendering to high reps, whether they're 'lenient' or not.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='07 March 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1267985612' post='2216990']
TOP will always have leverage. They are too thick headed to give in to something they inherently disagree with and their numbers and/or stats will not affect that. Last thing they wish to do is surrender with what they perceive as unreasonable reps; the more this war progresses, the LESS you're likely to collect the amount of reps you deem as worthily. This is because their incapability of paying reparations increases, thus, their unlikeliness to surrendering to high reps, whether they're 'lenient' or not.
[/quote]
Now if you'd manage to get that point across to CnG, you will be my hero :D

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='07 March 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1267989245' post='2217036']
Ask Ejay if he thinks TOP is like NPO/Echelon.
[/quote]

Don't think BJ was saying TOP are like NPO/Echelon but feel free to add any meaning to his words. In fact, I certainly hope they are better than those two. At least when it comes down to economy and slot usage.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' date='07 March 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1267989568' post='2217042']
Don't think BJ was saying TOP are like NPO/Echelon but feel free to add any meaning to his words. In fact, I certainly hope they are better than those two. At least when it comes down to economy and slot usage.
[/quote]
Then what was he referring to?

Economy; slot usage =/= negotiation tendencies.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='07 March 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1267990134' post='2217059']
No, I'm saying they both kept fighting and the reps demanded of them did not change. They just got comparatively tougher for them to pay.
[/quote]
If TOP states it will not pay certain reps, they will not. These current reps given will NEVER be accepted by TOP under any circumstances.

[quote name='BDRocks' date='02 March 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1267522625' post='2211135']
This, C&G would love to keep pounding on TOP.
[/quote]
I could always send more o' your folks running to peace mode after they walk into my fist, despite myself being outnumbered. ;)
Seriously guys...

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='07 March 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1267985612' post='2216990']
[/quote]
Their thickheadedness will not change anything at that point. They can be as stubborn as they want but by the time most of them is in bill-lock they will have no leverage at all.

You may have high thoughts of them but they're by no means immortal. The same rules apply to them as everybody else.

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='07 March 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1267990358' post='2217064']
I could always send more o' your folks running to peace mode after they walk into my fist, despite myself being outnumbered. ;)
Seriously guys...
[/quote]
How are you not head of military at IRON yet, with your obvious knowledge of how to fight wars and all that?

Seriously, when you make peace mode jokes about people that are going in for 5 days then coming out, you're only making yourself look bad. If you're looking for people that are afraid to fight, I suggest looking at your own alliance's top 20, since only two members of it have actually entered the war.

[quote name='neneko' date='07 March 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1267990470' post='2217067']
Their thickheadedness will not change anything at that point. They can be as stubborn as they want but by the time most of them is in bill-lock they will have no leverage at all.
[/quote]
Most of FAN's nations went into bill-lock.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 March 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1267968647' post='2216827']
bigwoody thinks C&G will still be powerful enough to be a close second to SF. I don't think so. I think you're going to get killed, and be kept around by SF as loyal meatshields: useful but generally irrelevant.
[/quote]
How does a bloc as well connected as CnG ever become "generally irrelevant"?

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='07 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1267994192' post='2217130']
[/quote]

Same reason everyone else becomes irrelevant, because people stop paying attention to them or worrying about their actions. Mainly by becoming the joke of CN or something. Reminds me of a few blocs and alliances in history.

[quote name='Duke William I' date='06 March 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1267912547' post='2216282']
So TOP has the option of 1)having to pay reps to CnG for who knows how long (and as result only being able to regrown Infar not tech) 2) nuking CnG all that time and taking negligible damages(there is only so far you can beat down a nation before it stops mattering)

Something tells me they will go for the nuking.
[/quote]

I currently have 69 infra left. Nuke away. You're spending minimum 500,000 on a nuke to take off the cheapest infra I'll get. We're in the same position of nukes not hurting infra. But we have the ability to continue buying nukes during peace mode and not dealing with nuke anarchy collections. You will have to start buying your 2 nukes a day and hoping to hit three of us with them. We have a bunch of SDIs as well. So yes, that's a situation we will win.

Also, Citadel has disbanded everyone. Nobody is getting closer to Citadel and Citadel can't win this war. Logs and stuff about Citadel's political position no longer have any value.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1267994394' post='2217135']
Same reason everyone else becomes irrelevant, because people stop paying attention to them or worrying about their actions. Mainly by becoming the joke of CN or something. Reminds me of a few blocs and alliances in history.
[/quote]
CnG is usually the center of attention, though. There's pretty much no way for them to pull a GGA.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='07 March 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1267994192' post='2217130']
[/quote]
If the war goes on long enough and other blocs surpass them... True, TOP/IRON will as well, but maybe that is a price worth paying if CnG just want harsh reps.

Edited by Jinnai