Reparations in Raid

slonq

353 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a tech raid? Tech raiders don't pay reps anyway.

IMO, if you don't fight back they'll just put you on a list of targets who will just give them what they want, and they'll keep raiding.

Fighting back takes away their profit.

Edited by Baldr

[quote name='slonq' date='27 February 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1267316696' post='2207155']
I'm interested in hearing the opinions that people have regarding this- if a nation is attacked in a raid and it fights back, does it lose its right to reps?
[/quote]

Oh my. I'm sure I'll get roasted for this but:

'Right' to reps? I don't think anyone has a 'right' to reparations. You have a 'right' to what you can secure and hold, or to what society chooses to secure for you. I figure you can't lose what you never had in the first place ;)

All that being said, I might (and likely would) pay reparations to someone that requested monetary compensation if I attacked them out of the blue, but *definitely* would not after they retaliated in kind. If I declare war on a nation, & that nation fights back, I consider it a square deal.

The "might makes right" folks make a good point, sometimes. It depends on what peace is worth to the nation/alliance declared war on for tech and doing declaring war. This is often a matter of power or perceived power. I include things like reputation when I talk about "power" in addition to military might (and a lot of people don't, which I think is to their harm in the long run).

Edited by White Chocolate

I've gotten reps from a tech raid even though I responded with greater force than he attacked with. If your diplos are good and you can show you were wrongly raided by their own policy, then yeah, you have a right to reps. Otherwise, you still have a right to reps but you probably won't get them.

Actually, i have offered all the nations i've attacked to find them tech deals to get them back on their feet. Only one out of many have accepted this offer. One flat out said $%&@ off to me, which i can understand. You're not entitled to reps, it's a game function. So even if you fight back or don't, it doesn't matter, at least to me it doesn't.

Edited by My Name Is Romance

[quote name='slonq' date='27 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1267316696' post='2207155']
I'm interested in hearing the opinions that people have regarding this- if a nation is attacked in a raid and it fights back, does it lose its right to reps?
[/quote]

What makes you think a nation being raided has a right to reparations?

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 February 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1267320186' post='2207219']
What makes you think a nation being raided has a right to reparations?
[/quote]
Assuming that the raid fails for some reason.

Depending on your backing and that of the attacker, it might actually make you [i]more[/i] likely to get reps...if they're looking for a soft target and you prove to be otherwise, they might be more willing to give you a token sum to get you off their back.

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='27 February 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1267319670' post='2207208']
You're not entitled to reps, it's a game function.
[/quote]

Alliances that fight back get reps sometimes, so why not individual nations?

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='27 February 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1267320914' post='2207238']
Alliances that fight back get reps sometimes, so why not individual nations?
[/quote]

I dislike any form of reparations, for something thats purely game function. That's just me.

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='27 February 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1267321074' post='2207241']
I dislike any form of reparations, for something thats purely game function. That's just me.
[/quote]
So what you're saying is that you don't approve of reparations for any action?

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='27 February 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1267321074' post='2207241']
[/quote]

Fair enough. As long as you are consistent I can respect the opinion.

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='27 February 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1267321824' post='2207253']
I said i don't like reparations for anything that's purely game function.
[/quote]
Every abuse in our history has been a "game" function. Try again.

[quote name='Vilien' date='27 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1267321880' post='2207255']
Every abuse in our history has been a "game" function. Try again.
[/quote]

Not really, you're taking into account for more then what i am saying. Reparations for attacks aren't part of this game, is what i am talking about. That's what i'm against. Asking for, taking, reparations because you were attacked or attacked someone isn't part of the game. Anything else is taking it beyond pure game function.

I've referenced this game enough, if you'd like to continue this line of discussion you can pm me.

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='27 February 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1267322105' post='2207261']
Not really, you're taking into account for more then what i am saying. [b]Reparations for attacks aren't part of this game[/b], is what i am talking about. That's what i'm against. [b]Asking for, taking, reparations because you were attacked or attacked someone isn't part of the game[/b]. Anything else is taking it beyond pure game function.

I've referenced this game enough, if you'd like to continue this line of discussion you can pm me.
[/quote]
What? Really, what?