NSO Government Change

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='27 February 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1267250519' post='2206031']
Good luck Ivan. You did make the game interesting. Glad no one made you resign, although making a promise not to surrender was a bit of a misstep given how even this war was when you entered.
[/quote]
You are correct, although I did request that the wording be changed since my opponents knew that the word surrender mandated my resignation.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sunstar' date='27 February 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1267250396' post='2206026']
Honestly, I'd rather have a leader who breaks a promise for the good of his alliance than of a leader who'd rather resign than be wrong. But, to each his own.

Made me laugh hard. (No disrespect to Dilber, but the historical context is quite entertaining)
[/quote]
Weird, because in this case they got both. I didn't break a promise and they still got peace.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='27 February 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1267250540' post='2206032']
Lintwad challenged Corinan for the position of Dark Lord some time ago. He has been second in command for months.
[/quote]

Yeah, just found this out after actually asking you folks. I really *have* been out of touch with Planet Bob :(

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='26 February 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1267250588' post='2206034']
You are correct, although I did request that the wording be changed since my opponents knew that the word surrender mandated my resignation.
[/quote]

[url="http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2201/nsoivanresign2.png"]I'm gonna just nip this in the bud[/url].

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='27 February 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1267250818' post='2206043']
[url="http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2201/nsoivanresign2.png"]I'm gonna just nip this in the bud[/url].
[/quote]
Good job, which points out that I did inform you of that, and my understanding of your position of unconcern.

For the full logs, since it seems to matter: http://pastebin.com/fWQgs96E

Your resignation wasn't mandatory. You held it up as a PR threat in the event we wouldn't concede to something less than a surrender. Your bluff was called and now you're attempting to spin it. I'm sad to say, but Grub's actually a fair bit better than you at this.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='27 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1267251199' post='2206055']
Your resignation wasn't mandatory. You held it up as a PR threat in the event we wouldn't concede to something less than a surrender. Your bluff was called and now you're attempting to spin it. I'm sad to say, but Grub's actually a fair bit better than you at this.
[/quote]
Um, right, because I am not known as someone that will stick to principles.

Try that line on someone else.

It has been clear for weeks that I could not surrender without resigning. I made it clear in that discussion. The fact that the time it took you guys to reply between each confirmation of that suggests a certain level of maneuvering taking place in your private discussion. You knew what it meant for it to be worded as a surrender and you insisted on it anyway.

That is fine. I agreed to it. But let's call it what it is.

Plus, when it comes down to it, no one does it better than me, that's why I get 49 page threads in two days. ;)

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='27 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1267251199' post='2206055']
[/quote]

It wasn't a bluff. If nothing else you can surely say Ivan has kept his word.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='27 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1267251503' post='2206063']
So NSO membership requested Ivan that he specifically not surrender, not that the alliance not surrender? A bizarre request.
[/quote]
The alliance voted not to surrender and I promised them that so long as I was Emperor we would not.

At some point, as the leader, I have to overrule the mob though and do what is best for the alliance. Perhaps I should not have made the promise, but I did. So, here we are.

After the meeting, Ivan and I shared an aside.

[quote]<Randomly[fark]> OOC you are one of the most slippery people I've ever had the pleasure to deal with
<Randomly[fark]> Its been a treat.
<Moldavi> Thank you. I do my best. Of course now that you guys have forced me to resign I don't know how I will be the villain
<Randomly[fark]> Always New Solar Order
<Randomly[fark]> and I didnt force you to resign.
<Randomly[fark]> Practically begged you to stay
<Moldavi> I don't know if that is how it will read ;)
<Randomly[fark]> The truth shall set you free.[/quote]

Even now, in voluntary retirement, he remains as slippery and clever as ever.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='27 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1267251519' post='2206064']
It would be more believable if you weren't proving his point in that post. Ivan, you are good, but you telegraph your punches for miles.
[/quote]
I prefer to think of each of my telegraphs as my own personal Mein Kampf. I lay it out there for the world to see. For some odd reason I still come out ahead most of the time. This time, not so much, but I maintained my integrity with my alliance.