Bug when using PM's in latest firefox/win7

Micheal Malone

I can't figure out what the heck is going on. Recently swtiched the computer over to Windows 7, clean install. Freshly downloaded version of Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6) running on a fresh install of Win7, not extra anything installed. When attempting to view any PM's it gives a server reset error. This does not happen in Internet Explorer, and I know my network connection itself is stable.

I have even gone so far as to delete the profile that Mozilla created and start with a fresh profile and it still encounters the same error.

Running Firefox (version listed above) 32 bit on a 64 bit architecture. My next trouble-shooting step is to try and rollback to an older version of Firefox if I can find one to see if it's specific with this browser version. Any other suggestions? I really abhor IE.

I am not a network expert -- but that sounds like either your OS is Doing Something Weird, or the browser has some weird problem.

What happens using the same version of FireFox in other OSes? If the same thing happens, then its likely a bug in FireFox, if OTOH, it *doesn't* then its likely your OS that's at fault. Or the combination of browser+OS.

(There is a possibility that its a problem in the PM system itself, but I'd try to rule out the (more likely) first two first.)

Edited by Sakura