Wine tasting report from inside from the great purple stomp

The Pansy

Ok let me clear a few things up.

First of all, my name is kriekfreak of Michiel de Ruyter. So it isn't kriekfriek, kriegfreik or Michael de Reuter. I am the great servant of the King of Purple. Who is also known as the Holy Father or Stumpy in short. He will not be happy if you smear the name of his loyal servant. His wrath is endless, painful and very existent, so beware.

So now we have that out of the way, let me explain a bit why I made that comment in the beginning. Normally I don't sneer to people who fought bravely and surrendered (you can take a look at the other thread if you don't believe me). It takes a lot to admit you are defeated in battle and I can only respect that. In this case however, I knew that Invicta would try to back-paddle their way out of this surrender and try to spin it into a white peace. I didn't suspect it to be this fast, but I knew it would eventually be spun by Haflinger or some other Invicta gov. Hell, that guy can even spin a disbandment into something great. So I felt the need to equal it out and to emphasize our victory. This wasn't meant to belittle Invicta's war effort or anything. Neither did it mean that iFOK was the only one who contributed to this victory, we have had great war allies in this war, but we did contribute to the surrender nonetheless.

I believe Invicta was pigheaded and they should probably have taken the peace offer sooner. This exact same peace offer was on the table for more than a week. In the end this postponement only cost them extra land, tech and infra. There was nothing to gain by dragging this out for longer. I even believe they made several posts they would never surrender to us, which makes this even more sillier.

Even though I think Invicta did a lot things wrong, or did things that were far from being respectable (Jorost knows what I'm talking about). I can only respect their endurance and hardness when facing incredible odds. You guys did better than I thought and I can only commend you for that. You watched out for your allies, who should be happy with you as their ally. I tip my hat.

To the people who felt the need to (negatively) comment on my comment, it can be easily deduced from your comments who is a great leader and who is not. The great leaders like The Pansy just ignore me and remain respectable and honest throughout this whole war while the bad leaders reply in the same fashion as I (or worse) and continue with all the vile, hatred and personal insults. To the latter I say, stop it. You will only look like a fool and I can do it far better than you ever can. To the former I say, you did great. I respect you and hope our respectable alliances can move forward from this point onwards. The Pansy and Stetson are good role models for the rest of you PU leaders. Take a look and learn.

o/ Stickmen
o/ iFOK
o/ Our war coalition
o/ Pansy & Stetson
[size="2"]
ps. Don't forget to vote Michiel de Ruyter for purple senate[/size] :v:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='raasaa' date='26 February 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1267166472' post='2204594']
I believe that iFOK along with the rest of stickmen soaked up most of the counter-attacks. Also, they were the first wave on Invicta, Nueva Vida only came in 2 days later....
[/quote]
We declared war on Nordreich February 3rd. Dark Templar, Poison Clan, LEO and Stickmen counter-declared on us February 4th. Nueva Vida declared on us February 5th. \m/ declared on us February 10th.

As to counters. Wolfpack declared war on iFOK February 9th. USN declared war on iFOK and FCO February 10th. SNAFU declared war on Stickmen February 10th. NAC declared war on Stickmen February 11th. Menotah declared war on Stickmen February 14th. Avalon declared war on Stickmen February 15th.

So yeah. Not only did iFOK not attack us alone (that would have been pretty funny), but they had five days at war with us before the first counter, and Nueva Vida came in the next day.

And those counters are not any of them large alliances. Most are smaller than iFOK. Never mind the fact that we'd already declared on Nordreich, an alliance of roughly the same size as us.

I'll always thank the iFOK member who saved me from a WRC nuke the first day, though. Thank you khmerkid. :)

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='26 February 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1267186268' post='2204798']
I believe Invicta was pigheaded and they should probably have taken the peace offer sooner. This exact same peace offer was on the table for more than a week. In the end this postponement only cost them extra land, tech and infra. There was nothing to gain by dragging this out for longer.
[/quote]
We weren't the ones who refused this agreement. Your illusions about us are pretty funny.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 February 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1267190229' post='2204845']
True. However in your statement you specifically singled Invicta out as the alliance responsible for the refusal. This isn't accurate.
[/quote]

Fair enough, although Invicta itself could've taken the offer w/o their allies though.

I'm sitting here trying to determine if I'm mildly amused or just simply annoyed by the pages of testosterone-sprinkled drivel I have just read...the verbal sparring that keeps resurrecting every 5th or 8th post reminds me a lot of the pre-pubescent 6th grade bullies in the schoolyard. The majority of the kids just wants to play kickball, but there's a few who just can't stand a civilized, competitive game. They are so blindly insecure that they spend their entire recess trying to prop and re-prop themselves by tearing down the diaper-wearing 4th graders by suggesting that they cannot even kick the ball.

Come on already! The endless discussions about who countered when and "how badly we were outnumbered and we still kicked their butts" are ever-so-enthralling, but why don't you let your pixels do the talking...let loose again...if you are this bored then just "get it on"!...launch those nukes once more...that will shut them up for sure...otherwise let this 13-page thread die. IT'S OVER!!! Just agree that it was fun while it lasted, most warriors were honorable and fought hard, the rest were whiners and losers throughout...they just can't help it...

PEACE!

[quote name='Micheal Malone' date='26 February 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1267194662' post='2204888']
This time.
[/quote]
Look, you were actually in the same alliance as bk back then. Did he not post his logs where you could see them?

Moo signed the peace document for a reason.

[quote name='Micheal Malone' date='26 February 2010 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1267194662' post='2204888']
This time.
[/quote]
We peaced out last time becuase our assigned target also agreed to leave. Taking an entire alliance off the battlefield was worth us leaving the battlefield as well.

Edited by Amonra

[quote name='The Pansy' date='25 February 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1267139127' post='2203768']
I have been dreading having to make this post, but knew it was coming.

Our alliances surrendered, we held on till all our comrades could come out together, but we surrendered, I will say it again, we [b]surrendered[/b].

Most of us knew before the first launch what would happen, and I salute the resolve of my brothers in arms, but we did lose.

If iFOK and co wish to say Victory, they have every right, they did, the history books will show this, and that is that.

Olympus has left all its issues on the battlefield, we honoured ourselves, like my allies in this conflict have done, do you really want to lose what we have done, just because the illustrious Mr DeRuyter wishes to use the word Victory, if that is the case you sadden me on one of my proudest of days.
[/quote]

Pansy is correct
Purple has Class

o/Purple
o/Olympus
o/Valhalla - 'coz Chefjoe was correct too

Has anyone else noticed how cheap infra is now btw :rolleyes:

Edited by Harry Dresden
rogue tag

I have to step in here and address a few things.

First, let me make one thing perfectly clear. Olympus and Purple Unity stuck together. Regardless of what was on the table for over a week, none of us would leave an ally on the battlefield to be piled on by another alliance. That was made clear by more than one alliance at the beginning of all the peace talks. To single Invicta out, you would have to single BAPS, Valhalla, or Olympus out. Your statement is just as twisted as some of those that caused this thread to become 13 pages long. In the end it makes little difference, Purple Unity stood together. Yes we did surrender and we did so with honor to worthy opponents that we hurt just as much as we got hurt. Spin how you wish (on both sides), but with Olympus we do not spin. We got hurt, and we dished out hurt. I think 3 of our nations rode to zi for this effort and requested aid to join back in the battle asap to jump back in to help out our family.

I also want to thank kriekfreak for clarifying his position. That does make me feel a little better about the statements made earlier directed towards (in all honesty) the entire front and diminished the honor that was on the battlefield, and turned something of honor into a no u match, however I understand, to the best of my knowledge the original post was not an Invicta gov member (could have been a deputy). Take it with a grain of salt and take a lesson from those that you gave props to (Pansy and Stetson are awesome and I agree with you on that, which means we have FINALLY found some common ground to work with).

End of the day, both sides fought their butts off, all parties involved can hold their head up high. To stand together facing the odds that we did may be an official victory for the other side but as one poster earlier stated, we all stood by each other, got out together and faced overwhelming odds together without faltering and even batting an eye.

That is something to be proud of. Many of us involved in this conflict lost some pixels but gained even more respect and honor. Nothing said here will diminish the efforts of my alliance or my allies or heck even my opponents.

That all being said, I bid my opponents farewell, you all fought with honor, dignity and spunk. Made this war one of the most exciting since I joined cn even against the odds. Thanks to NoR, INT, and R&R guys for fighting till the final bell. It was a blast.

To my family, I couldn't be prouder.

o/ Olympus
o/ Purple
o/ PEACE (till next time)

BTW...thanks for reducing my bills by 3 million :)

It's very nice to see peace. I have the utmost respect for the surrendering alliances here and it's good to see you get out.

[quote name='Irregular Apocalypse' date='25 February 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1267133885' post='2203547']
Damn, just short of 2mil casualties!

Oh well. Hail peace?
BAPS o/
[/quote]
I spy an IA!

I hit 2 million casualties and then was knocked down to 133 infra. I don't foresee getting 3 million anytime soon because I'm again playing in the Bush Leagues. :(

[quote name='KingTopherXXIII' date='25 February 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1267141078' post='2203853']
Hail Invicta! Still the Undefeated!
[/quote]
Minus losing both the Karma War and this one. There's nothing wrong with surrendering to live to fight another day, but at least admit that you did it.

[quote name='Buffalo Niagara' date='26 February 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1267198100' post='2204938']
First, let me make one thing perfectly clear. Olympus and Purple Unity stuck together. Regardless of what was on the table for over a week, none of us would leave an ally on the battlefield to be piled on by another alliance. That was made clear by more than one alliance at the beginning of all the peace talks. To single Invicta out, you would have to single BAPS, Valhalla, or Olympus out. Your statement is just as twisted as some of those that caused this thread to become 13 pages long. In the end it makes little difference, Purple Unity stood together. Yes we did surrender and we did so with honor to worthy opponents that we hurt just as much as we got hurt. Spin how you wish (on both sides), but with Olympus we do not spin. We got hurt, and we dished out hurt. I think 3 of our nations rode to zi for this effort and requested aid to join back in the battle asap to jump back in to help out our family.
[/quote]
Very well said and I'm sure that this sums up the war many on our side, I know it does for Zenith. We entered with Old Guard and we left with Old Guard. Neither of us would accept peace until the other was included. Granted, the fact that there were only two of us and three opponents made negotiations easier, but the sentiment was the same. I greatly respect the dedication that it had to have taken to deal with all of the alliances involved here. Great work.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 February 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1267186368' post='2204802']
We declared war on Nordreich February 3rd. Dark Templar, Poison Clan, LEO and Stickmen counter-declared on us February 4th. Nueva Vida declared on us February 5th. \m/ declared on us February 10th.

As to counters. Wolfpack declared war on iFOK February 9th. USN declared war on iFOK and FCO February 10th. SNAFU declared war on Stickmen February 10th. NAC declared war on Stickmen February 11th. Menotah declared war on Stickmen February 14th. Avalon declared war on Stickmen February 15th.

So yeah. Not only did iFOK not attack us alone (that would have been pretty funny), but they had five days at war with us before the first counter, and Nueva Vida came in the next day.

And those counters are not any of them large alliances. Most are smaller than iFOK. Never mind the fact that we'd already declared on Nordreich, an alliance of roughly the same size as us.

I'll always thank the iFOK member who saved me from a WRC nuke the first day, though. Thank you khmerkid. :)
[/quote]

And you carry on showing your ignorance. Some things never change.

[quote name='Irregular Apocalypse' date='25 February 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1267133885' post='2203547']
Damn, just short of 2mil casualties!

Oh well. Hail peace?
BAPS o/
[/quote]
Just missed out on 3m myself. Though Im quite happy with my new nuke score of a successful nuke strike or nuke eaten on average every 5.85 days in BAPS(117 in total). Thanks to the givers and takers in this war.

Edited by Alterego

[i][/i][/i][quote name='Buffalo Niagara' date='26 February 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1267198100' post='2204938']
I have to step in here and address a few things.

I also want to thank kriekfreak for clarifying his position. That does make me feel a little better about the statements made earlier directed towards (in all honesty) the entire front and diminished the honor that was on the battlefield, and turned something of honor into a no u match, however I understand, to the best of my knowledge the original post was not an Invicta gov member (could have been a deputy). Take it with a grain of salt and take a lesson from those that you gave props to (Pansy and Stetson are awesome and I agree with you on that, which means we have FINALLY found some common ground to work with).

End of the day, both sides fought their butts off, all parties involved can hold their head up high. To stand together facing the odds that we did may be an official victory for the other side but as one poster earlier stated, we all stood by each other, got out together and faced overwhelming odds together without faltering and even batting an eye.

That is something to be proud of. Many of us involved in this conflict lost some pixels but gained even more respect and honor. Nothing said here will diminish the efforts of my alliance or my allies or heck even my opponents.

That all being said, I bid my opponents farewell, you all fought with honor, dignity and spunk. Made this war one of the most exciting since I joined cn even against the odds. Thanks to NoR, INT, and R&R guys for fighting till the final bell. It was a blast.

To my family, I couldn't be prouder.

o/ Olympus
o/ Purple
o/ PEACE (till next time)

BTW...thanks for reducing my bills by 3 million :)
[/quote]
Just closing off the italics quote in hopes to fix this thread. :P

Edit: It didn't work. Someone smack a mod or Buffalo to fix this pls. lol

Edited by Micheal Malone