Declaration of War

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='silentkiller' date='24 February 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1267037252' post='2201778']
Nice talking about outdated sigs. Got anything better to do? But I'll bite.

Hey remember when OV Disbanded?

I LOL'D, did you? :awesome:
[/quote]
Nice talking about disbanded alliances. Got anything better to do? But I'll bite.

Hey, remember when you had to pay them 1 billion dollars and 50K tech?

I LOL'd did you? :awesome:

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='24 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1267037456' post='2201787']
VE left the Hegemony
[/quote]
Thus making them [i]ex[/i]-Hegemony. :P Not that it matters though... Virtually everyone was connected to the Hegemony in some way at some point in time.

Let's have some fun. :)

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='sethb' date='24 February 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1267042997' post='2201898']
Nice talking about disbanded alliances. Got anything better to do? But I'll bite.

Hey, remember when you had to pay them 1 billion dollars and 50K tech?

I LOL'd did you? :awesome:
[/quote]

That was the subject of Dr Hairy Ballz post was it not?

Try harder next time. :ehm:

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='24 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1267047410' post='2202016']
You should really read the first sentence of the post you picked a piece out of, Bama.
[/quote]
I should have been more clear... I consider everyone who was part of the Hegemony at some point to be "ex-Hegemony". Like I said, it doesn't really matter though.

-Bama

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='24 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1267037456' post='2201787']
Ex-Hegemony refers to the alliances who were part of the Hegemony into Karma, and remain a part of that group of alliances. The 'ex' refers to the fact that you no longer have hegemonic control, not membership of the group. VE left the Hegemony in March 2009, voluntarily, and was in fact a direct secondary target of the Hegemony's choice of where to start the Karma War.
[/quote]

Leaving a month before Karma seems like a distinction without a difference.

Edited by Roadie

[quote name='Castles' date='24 February 2010 - 06:57 AM' timestamp='1267023683' post='2201443']
Well I figured that, but some of us don't throw up our hands in disgust when we get quad quaded (or quad staggered as the case may be, tonight's going to be fun) Decisions have to be made about making sure that if your going to give up money to ensure that it doesn't fall in the hands of those without WCs. I'm sure my four suicide missions didn't make much sense to you, but I had success before and after them. If there's any chance of completing at least one of my missions, it behooves me to do so.

At the rate of last nights update, I'll be zi'd in 2 days. That doesn't give me much time to accomplish much, but, I plan to try.

So again, welcome to the fight, lets have some fun.
[/quote]

I completely understand how you feel man. You're gonna go out anyway so you might as well try to take some people with you :] It's a doctrine which I respect very much so best of luck to you and have fun .

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='24 February 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1267007628' post='2201221']
You know VE only declares once your out gunned and out numbered. Its what they do. And lets be honest if you were on the other side would you want rely on them for anything important? VE the new GGA.
[/quote]

You're an idiot.

Good luck and have fun VE, TOOL are good folk.

[quote name='Vend3tta' date='24 February 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1267004248' post='2201185']
Spit your game, talk your !@#$, grab your gat, call your clicks.
[/quote]
*cliques

Surprised nobody caught this.

Cheers VE & TOOL. Try not to have too much fun. :)

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='24 February 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1267037632' post='2201794']
An irony detector is on its way to you.

For someone who has the sainted Oscar wound around himself, you'd think you'd have more wit, class, bravery and style. Go figure.
[/quote]
I took your meaning; it was still vitriolic and quite humourous, even if it [i]did[/i] come from you. Stop squeezing your posterior muscles so tightly.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='24 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1267052103' post='2202128']
That was the subject of Dr Hairy Ballz post was it not?

Try harder next time. :ehm:
[/quote]
Nope it sure wasn't. His post was adressing the stupidity of wearing year old propaganda aimed at a non existant alliance, with the simple statement 'YOU LOST'.

Read harder next time. :ehm:

[quote name='Elyat' date='25 February 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1267059781' post='2202313']
I took your meaning; it was still vitriolic and quite humourous, even if it [i]did[/i] come from you. Stop squeezing your posterior muscles so tightly.
[/quote]

But, however will I look so good in tight jeans, hmm? And thanks for the compliment. I should have credited you with [i]some[/i] insight.

Edited by Hymenbreach

I've been of legal drinking age for longer than some of you have been alive. I once nearly wrecked my nervous system after putting down a minimum eighteen beers and two packs of smokes everyday for 768 days straight before taking a self imposed sobriety break. I was once hospitalized with a liver problem after eight wonderful days in Jamaica filled with Red Stripe sunrises and dark rum sunsets. All due to my love of interacting with my fellow man while under the influence of alcohol. Fortunately, I've learned the errors of my ways and choose to defile myself only once or twice a week while maintaining a successful career as the nation leader of Ozarkana and a happy marriage to a great gal I lovingly refer to as "The War Department".

Therefore, I'd like to offer my services to my fellow man in need, through my good and bad experiences as a person who has spent many years looking at the world through the clear and pristine protective eyewear known as beer goggles, as a reviewer of beer to any and all alliances faced with the prospect of submitting a beer review in order to exit their war(s). I seek no payment for these services, but donations are accepted.

The Viridian World Peace Tour truly does seek peace whether through additional war or spending time mano a mano with twelve ounces of goodness. Either brings a smile to my face and maybe even a little tear to my bloodshot eyes.

Thank you for your time.

Bill Wallace, Viridian Barroom Hero

[quote name='BamaBuc' date='24 February 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1267053937' post='2202165']
I should have been more clear... I consider everyone who was part of the Hegemony at some point to be "ex-Hegemony". Like I said, it doesn't really matter though.

-Bama
[/quote]

I've actually been using the term ex-hegemony (or just ex-heg) to refer to the alliances that we typically associate with a certain power sphere, since the dissolution of their bloc they have no formal name, there is obviously still a political entity there that includes most of the people we associated with that title.

Its not very accurate, but its good shorthand and has a bit more specific than "the other guys". They might not have been hegemonic strictly speaking, but that circle of alliances and their hangers on, Its a handy label for conversation at least.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='26 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1267166289' post='2204588']
I've actually been using the term ex-hegemony (or just ex-heg) to refer to the alliances that we typically associate with a certain power sphere, since the dissolution of their bloc they have no formal name, there is obviously still a political entity there that includes most of the people we associated with that title.

Its not very accurate, but its good shorthand and has a bit more specific than "the other guys". They might not have been hegemonic strictly speaking, but that circle of alliances and their hangers on, Its a handy label for conversation at least.
[/quote]
Yeah, it can be used to mean several things. Ex-Hegemonic power sphere, ex-Hegemonic Coalition, or as a label for our current "side". Personally my favorite name for the sphere you're talking about is "the Remnants". Somebody in World Affairs came up with it in WWE... Can't remember who though.

-Bama