GOONS Accepts UCN's Surrender

Sardonic

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='19 February 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1266589684' post='2191986']
My only question was did the goons really warrant being given reparations for this fight? My guess is no, but then again, most people don't deserve any reparations at all in this war.

[edit:] no, this isn't a shot at goons, I didn't say the reps were harsh or anything like that, I merely asked whether the reps were warranted, that's all.
[/quote]

Yes. It is warranted because this is a war and UCN lost. In war, the losers pay the winners reps.

Edited by King Death II

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Anarcho Jesse' date='19 February 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1266597095' post='2192111']
This is a celebration of extortion for following through on a treaty obligation, you deluded child.
[/quote]

Wow, finally something original, I don't think I have ever been called that before... If this wasn't a game I may have cried.

I find it amusing that the alliances involved in this are all happy and complimenting each other while you seem to have an Axe to grind. Anyway...

o/ GOONS
o/ LOST
o/ PC
:popcorn:

[quote name='jonnygozy' date='19 February 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1266599001' post='2192159']
Whose optional aggression are you referring to? GOONS attacked NATO first, and UCN has an MDoAP with NATO through CDT.
[/quote]
Take another step back. NATO participated in the attack on CnG using their oA clause with IRON, and GOONS defended us. Any intervention by NATO's allies at that point would be completely optional.

[quote name='Wargarden' date='19 February 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1266598148' post='2192137']
[u]Optional[/u] aggression is not an obligation. And a token reperation as symbolic punishment for that aggression is not extortion.

... and how many insults are you going to get away with... "neckbeard", "deluded child". I got warned yesterday for calling myself and my friends retards in jest.

<Image redacted> ploiz.
[/quote]

Drop the reference before it drops you.

Just sayin'.

[quote name='Anarcho Jesse' date='19 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1266599645' post='2192171']
These are facts.

They have no place in discussions pertaining to CyberNations.
[/quote]
CDT is non-chaining, so the defense was still optional. Try agin.

It's evident from this thread that UCN is both happy with the terms, and with GOONS as an opponent. What are you so mad about?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='19 February 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1266602047' post='2192228']
Take another step back. NATO participated in the attack on CnG using their oA clause with IRON, and GOONS defended us. Any intervention by NATO's allies at that point would be completely optional.
[/quote]
These are facts.

They have no place in discussions pertaining to CyberNations.

:D

[quote name='Anarcho Jesse' date='19 February 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1266597095' post='2192111']
This is a celebration of extortion for following through on a treaty obligation, you deluded child.
[/quote]

It is an internet spreadsheets game. Lighten up.

Also, they gave us some boo boos. We need lots of band aids. We just wanted to punch NATO.

(I bet when you play Civ 4 you never pick theocracy because you disagree with a theocratic state on a philosophical level)

Edited by Alonois

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='19 February 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1266602047' post='2192228']
[/quote]

I would call that optional defense then, not optional aggression as others have referred to it as. To some it's semantics I'm sure, but I think the distinction is important, at least to me anyway.

Regardless of who entered the war for whatever reason based on whatever treaties, no one forced any alliance involved in this discussion to sign any of those treaties. You make your bed, and you lay in it, and you definitely don't cry and moan about how your treaty partners involved you in a losing war and so you should be absolved of responsibility.

At least this has been an opportunity for your allies to see your true colors and attitude of cowardice. A true ally would be honored to share the fate of her allies, come what may.

[quote name='Senhart' date='19 February 2010 - 07:03 AM' timestamp='1266591811' post='2192019']
Why the hate? At least LSF isn't quitting after a couple of days, even though we have absolutely nothing to gain from this war.
[/quote]
Couple days. Couple would be meaning 2 or close to do days eh? Well lets see we fought Immortals for 4 days before fighting GOONS, then GOONS for 10 days, followed by PC and LOST for 3 days. We lost about 685,738 ns in the "couple" days we fought. So you are totally right we are a bunch of slackers :P

Does this mean I might see someone on white gaining score aside from the -insertrandomlettershere- alliance?

Edit: Also, UCN lost roughly 20% of its score in the two weeks its been at war. Couple days or not, they took a good amount of damage.

Edited by Lord Cyvole

[quote name='darkfox' date='19 February 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1266611622' post='2192377']
Couple days. Couple would be meaning 2 or close to do days eh? Well lets see we fought Immortals for 4 days before fighting GOONS, then GOONS for 10 days, followed by PC and LOST for 3 days. We lost about 685,738 ns in the "couple" days we fought. So you are totally right we are a bunch of slackers :P
[/quote]

In the three days fighting GOONS, PC, and =LOST=, you guys lost 405,966 NS; 135,322 per day. Anyone implying cowardice for surrendering at that point is a fool.

[quote name='darkfox' date='19 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1266611622' post='2192377']
[/quote]

agreeing with this. You guys fought hard and did well. I bear you no ill will at all.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='19 February 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1266626556' post='2192708']
It's 50 foreign aid slots.

That's not a token amount.
[/quote]

10 nations can do that in 10 days. They have 90. I can't see how this is possibly unreasonable.

[quote name='Kortal' date='18 February 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1266553230' post='2191355']
Is anyone else annoyed that we're in a time period in CN where 150 million reps is unreasonable

Oh for the days when they could have put them under deconstruction terms for 3 months and asked for thousands of tech without anyone batting an eye...

(Not that I support harsh terms in this case, just a general remark on the view towards reps)
[/quote]
UCN is not a large alliance.

This is pretty much the equivalent of Unjust War-era reps.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='19 February 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1266626924' post='2192712']

[/quote]

I hope you're being sarcastic.

They have 7 nations sitting in peace mode who could get 7/10 of the reps done immediately.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='19 February 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1266626556' post='2192708']
It's 50 foreign aid slots.

That's not a token amount.
[/quote]
Uhhh..it is to an alliance that still has 1.5mil~ strength left. That's one round from their top 10 nations, all of whom are 48k NS+ and make that much easily every day (assuming they dont have DRAS).

If you expand that to their top 20, its 2-3 slots per nation, one round. Not a lot.

[quote name='Lord Cyvole' date='19 February 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1266612154' post='2192390']
Does this mean I might see someone on white gaining score aside from the -insertrandomlettershere- alliance?

Edit: Also, UCN lost roughly 20% of its score in the two weeks its been at war. Couple days or not, they took a good amount of damage.
[/quote]
Not to discount UCN's contribution, because I really do believe they fought for as long as defending their ally wasn't counterbalanced by their member's fighting viability, but 20% is nothing when used as a measuring stick for this war. Without checking the numbers I'd even say it's less damage then the large majority of fighting alliances have suffered so far.

With several alliances exceeding 60% losses and quite a few at 50%, massive reductions in strength is the rule rather then the exception.

[quote name='Choader' date='19 February 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1266627279' post='2192719']
Not to discount UCN's contribution, because I really do believe they fought for as long as defending their ally wasn't counterbalanced by their member's fighting viability, but 20% is nothing when used as a measuring stick for this war. Without checking the numbers I'd even say it's less damage then the large majority of fighting alliances have suffered so far.

With several alliances exceeding 60% losses and quite a few at 50%, massive reductions in strength is the rule rather then the exception.
[/quote]
They lost ~500K NS in three days of war with PC, =LOST= and GOONS according to what someone said earlier. That's 25% of their NS, in three days.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='19 February 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1266626924' post='2192712']

[/quote]

Is that a joke?

MK: 600 million
GOD: 195 million

Worth at least 5 times as much then as it is now.