League of Soviet Nations DoW

LRA KING

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Robster83' date='18 February 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1266529486' post='2190270']
Bah. This is getting bitter, I for one refuse to get engaged in such bitter discussions. I hope that it will be an interesting war, so see you on the battlefield GOONs.

... So who wants some caek? :awesome:
[/quote]

I don't want any 'caek,' it sounds horrible and certainly must smell like smokers hack.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='18 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1266519876' post='2189989']
you're here for ADI, but quite crucially you're not here because of treaty obligations to ADI.

Your treaty with ADI is a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=78869&view=findpost&p=2119240]protectorate[/url] with obliged defense for them and optional defense for you. Since they are currently attacking rather than being attacked, you have in effect just declared war on GOONS without any diplomatic cover. Have fun trying to get peace for this one.
[/quote]
ADI entered the war in defense of NATO. LSN has the option to defend ADI on any actions.

[quote]Article III - Protection

The Aqua Defense Initiative has chosen to offer protection to The League of Soviet Nations and will defend The League of Soviet Nations, should LSN come under attack. The League of Soviet Nations has the option to come to the aid of ADI in [b]battle[/b], should ADI feel that LSN is prepared and wishes to do so. [/quote]

Battle would be defined as aggression or defense, so there is no way to claim that LSN did not enter this via a treaty option. LSN came in to help their friends, ADI, who are helping our friends in NATO.

I find it so odd that for two months, ADI has been called the untrustworthy backstabbers that don't honor treaties, but when ADI or an ally of ADI honors a treaty, it is turned around in the other direction. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Choose one.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1266530122' post='2190294']
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Choose one.
[/quote]

I think we'll just eat your cake. :smug:

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1266530122' post='2190294']
ADI entered the war in defense of NATO. LSN has the option to defend ADI on any actions.

Battle would be defined as aggression or defense, so there is no way to claim that LSN did not enter this via a treaty option. LSN came in to help their friends, ADI, who are helping our friends in NATO.

I find it so odd that for two months, ADI has been called the untrustworthy backstabbers that don't honor treaties, but when ADI or an ally of ADI honors a treaty, it is turned around in the other direction. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Choose one.
[/quote]
The section it is under is "Protection" that deals mainly with ADI's protection of LSN. It also says "come to the aid of". It's clear that this section has defense in mind, but I guess if you want to take advantage of a badly written treaty to bandwaggon LSN into a bad position, then I guess that is your perogative.

[quote name='LRA KING' date='18 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1266520964' post='2190030']
Cager, you found me :smug: i thought our rivalry had died lol ... but its good to have common enemies in CN gives me a reason to wake up and check my nation :D
[/quote]

One must be equal to be a rival. I have yet to see you demonstrate anything accordingly. Hopefully GOONS smashing of your alliance will bring you down a level.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='18 February 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1266530858' post='2190325']
The section it is under is "Protection" that deals mainly with ADI's protection of LSN. It also says "come to the aid of". It's clear that this section has defense in mind, but I guess if you want to take advantage of a badly written treaty to bandwaggon LSN into a bad position, then I guess that is your perogative.
[/quote]
You are seriously trying to bring out the bandwagon argument? How many alliances is NATO at war with now? I lost count. Two alliances declaring in defense of an alliance that is being dogpiled is hardly a bandwagon.

[quote]One must be equal to be a rival. I have yet to see you demonstrate anything accordingly. Hopefully GOONS smashing of your alliance will bring you down a level. [/quote]

If you think so.. you actually think your better than me, why are you in constant competition with me mate? I don't see the fascination.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1266531351' post='2190346']
You are seriously trying to bring out the bandwagon argument? How many alliances is NATO at war with now? I lost count. Two alliances declaring in defense of an alliance that is being dogpiled is hardly a bandwagon.
[/quote]

(Only after you brought out the peace mode argument ;))

I can accept that ADI is declaring in defense of NATO, although if you take a look at NATO's wars, you can see that GOONS isn't particularly invested on that front, so I'm not sure how effective you'll be.

But LSN is declaring on us through a badly written clause in a protectorate treaty, when GOONS (175 nations, 1,168,055 NS) is already up against LSF, UCN, and ADI (232 nations, 3,521,031 NS), plus whatever amount NATO is sending at us.

You know what? Maybe they aren't bandwaggoning. The 4:1 NS advantage should put you guys on even ground with GOONS.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1266528817' post='2190245']
Yes, but I was looking forward to having my guys declare war on you :(

I'm already at war with lamuella, I thought it would be great to see another show down with you- it would seriously be fun for all involved.
[/quote]

I don't think anything that involves you would count as fun unless it ends with you either crying or quitting.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1266530122' post='2190294']

[/quote]

Hmm, let's go over this article again:

"Article III - Protection"

so, this is a clause about protecting each other. How exactly does your bandwagoning "protect" anyone?

"The Aqua Defense Initiative has chosen to offer protection to The League of Soviet Nations and will defend The League of Soviet Nations, should LSN come under attack."

so, they protect you if you are attacked, and...

"The League of Soviet Nations has the option to come to the aid of ADI in battle, should ADI feel that LSN is prepared and wishes to do so."

hold the phone. You're trying to claim that your protectorate treaty was a combination of one-sided obligatory defense, one-sided optional defense, and one-sided optional aggression?

and you expect anyone to buy this manure?

Either this is the most byzantine and idiotic protectorate ever written, or you're a weaselly little e-lawyer at the head of a pathetic and doomed alliance that will be stomped on until we're bored.

My money's on the second one.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1266531351' post='2190346']
[/quote]

wait, so you're declaring in defense of NATO now?

NATO, that alliance you don't have a treaty with [i]at all[/i]?

And you think this makes things sound [i]better[/i]?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='18 February 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1266533780' post='2190433']
wait, so you're declaring in defense of NATO now?

NATO, that alliance you don't have a treaty with [i]at all[/i]?

And you think this makes things sound [i]better[/i]?
[/quote]

Lam, psst, Warbuck is in ADI. It doesn't make LSN declaring in defense of them make more sense, but technically [i]he[/i] does have a treaty with NATO.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='LRA KING' date='19 February 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1266520429' post='2190013']
Only dying nations squeal for peace... None of my nations are squealing but a few of your are ..lol?
[/quote]
Could you please ask your Minister for Internal Affairs to declare war on my nation? tia

LRA, 15 minutes past update. Where is that "Soviet Response" I had heard of earlier? I didn't get attacked. However I decided to attack someone new to make up for it. Rather than flooding with more battle reports, I'll cut it short: They did poorly. I can't wait to see your alliance NS chart.

[quote]LRA, 15 minutes past update. Where is that "Soviet Response" I had heard of earlier? I didn't get attacked. However I decided to attack someone new to make up for it. Rather than flooding with more battle reports, I'll cut it short: They did poorly. I can't wait to see your alliance NS chart. [/quote]

Well there is my soviet assault and trust me his will come soon, so just stay tuned.

>>> Red Ownage http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=315027 <<<

[quote name='LRA KING' date='18 February 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1266518745' post='2189963']
Thank you, welcome to my world ... they just say random things SM, so that they get rep from there fellow bandwagoners.
[/quote]

You declared war in defense of your protector, that makes you the bandwagoner. :facepalm:

[quote name='LRA KING' date='19 February 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1266578211' post='2191862']
Well there is my soviet assault and trust me his will come soon, so just stay tuned.
[/quote]
Good to hear buddy, I'll defo stay tuned :D

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz