ADI Declaration of War

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jerdge' date='18 February 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1266481279' post='2189358']
See, there are old and (once/now) important alliances (NPO, GGA, TPF, TOP etc) that get several hostile replies in almost every announcements/discussion about them. It's a very well known fact that some of that hostility is due to "envy" or "fear" of them, but I won't discuss whether those reasons are/were well-founded or not.
In your case, most of those hostile people would probably mention utter incompetency matched with an arrogant and untrustworthy attitude. Again, I won't discuss whether these critics are correct or not, but I suggest that you don't easily dismiss as mere "hating" that many people's negative opinion about ADI: you might later discover that it would have instead been a good idea to humbly ponder about ADI's mistakes, to try correct them while you still had time.

(Just sayin'... Feel free to ignore this suggestion, of course.)
[/quote]

Upon browsing the OWF and discussing matters in IRC I found a common theme amongst the people of CN. They will assume total ignorance too swiftly when challenged by a different point of view. As politely and respectfully you beat around the bush with your accusation, it was an accusation non the less. Thanks for the suggestion to ponder ADI's mistakes, but being an active and responsible member of ADI, the information has been presented to me and I've utalized the information to formulate my opinions on how the alliance has been run thus far. You'll be happy to discover that ADI is taking your advice in correcting our "Untrustworthy" attitude by helping defend our close friends in NATO and FEAR. Let me explain to you the difference between a critic and a hating flamer. A critic might point out a wrong doing, suggest a solution, and talk about their grievances in a diplomatic friendly manner. A hating flamer would constantly reitterate and remind everyone of a questionable wrong doing and offer no suggestion or friendly advice to correct the behavior. Say what you need to say, no need to constantly badger us with your hate. Personally, I am under the impression that the more talking you do, the more unconfident and scared you actually are.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='18 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266481345' post='2189361']
Aren't you the guys that had to call in PC and =LOST=?
[/quote]

Aren't you the guys who had to call in UCN, LSF, ADI, and LSN? Poor NATO, they were only 3 times our size :v:

[quote name='popsumpot' date='18 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1266481345' post='2189361']
Aren't you the guys that had to call in PC and =LOST=?
[/quote]

Aren't you the guys who are getting stomped on by PC and =LOST=? Just because we called in some friends doesn't mean that the war is going well for you. It also doesn't mean we were doing poorly - we just prefer a more decisive victory.

When you size up an opponent, it is wise to size up their allies as well.

The masheen, I was merely talking of and trying to interpret what those that you called "haters" might have been meaning with their posts - or at least what they were [i]not[/i] meaning, because I'm entirely unsure that there's a crowd of people that hates ADI because they're scared by its "potential".
Be sure that, should I want to critic you/ADI/whoever, I will do it openly. I just don't know you much and you're not enough relevant to my interests that I wish to spend time researching about you.

Finally, feel free to take my post(s) as "hateful" and "scared" "accusations nonetheless". I don't care enough to waste my time explaining to you what should already be obvious.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 February 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1266511347' post='2189763']
Aren't you the guys who had to call in UCN, LSF, ADI, and LSN? Poor NATO, they were only 3 times our size :v:
[/quote]

Oh hey NATO! You guys are at war with 10 alliances, but you don't get to call in help, no sir!

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 February 2010 - 03:32 AM' timestamp='1266514366' post='2189836']
Aren't you the guys who are getting stomped on by PC and =LOST=? Just because we called in some friends doesn't mean that the war is going well for you. It also doesn't mean we were doing poorly - we just prefer a more decisive victory.

When you size up an opponent, it is wise to size up their allies as well.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to say UCN is winning militarily. I think it's pretty obvious from the fact that we are fighting GOONS, PC and =LOST= that we wouldn't even be close. With that said, that doesn't mean we didn't do some damage either, and trying to pretend that you guys were the only one doing the hurting is willful ignorance.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='18 February 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1266541944' post='2190782']
Oh hey NATO! You guys are at war with 10 alliances, but you don't get to call in help, no sir!
[/quote]

Don't forget Umbrella, that's 11 alliances. But I hope UCN gets peace soon, especially with GOONS. They've been fun to fight. ADI, that goes for you too. We're honored by your support but hope you get peace here.

[quote name='jerdge' date='18 February 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1266539394' post='2190645']
The masheen, I was merely talking of and trying to interpret what those that you called "haters" might have been meaning with their posts - or at least what they were [i]not[/i] meaning, because I'm entirely unsure that there's a crowd of people that hates ADI because they're scared by its "potential".
Be sure that, should I want to critic you/ADI/whoever, I will do it openly. I just don't know you much and you're not enough relevant to my interests that I wish to spend time researching about you.

Finally, feel free to take my post(s) as "hateful" and "scared" "accusations nonetheless". I don't care enough to waste my time explaining to you what should already be obvious.
[/quote]

I never took your post as being hateful. You seem like a very sincere guy.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='18 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1266541944' post='2190782']
I'm not trying to say UCN is winning militarily. I think it's pretty obvious from the fact that we are fighting GOONS, PC and =LOST= that we wouldn't even be close. With that said, that doesn't mean we didn't do some damage either, and trying to pretend that you guys were the only one doing the hurting is willful ignorance.
[/quote]
Oh, you guys have been the most capable military we've gone up against this war (not saying too much, but it's something), and you are probably responsible for the most damage too. My point was simply that ADI's efforts will most likely meet the same end as UCN's. They should not expect an easy time of "GOON stomping" simply because we are already occupied.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='18 February 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1266543163' post='2190831']
Oh, you guys have been the most capable military we've gone up against this war (not saying too much, but it's something), and you are probably responsible for the most damage too. My point was simply that ADI's efforts will most likely meet the same end as UCN's. They should not expect an easy time of "GOON stomping" simply because we are already occupied.
[/quote]
We were exchanging blows quite well actually. We were nuking you guys, and you were doing the same. Both alliances also dropped fairly equal amounts of NS. SO we definitely were holding our own. And frankly, what did us in (and eventuall peace) was PC and =LOST= DoW on us. We would still be fighting if it wern't for that.
Good fighting though, had a blast.

Hmm, no targets in your alliance for me to hit :(

Edit: None left in NATO or the LSF either, dammit! Ah, there's one commie big enough in LoSN - perhaps someone could be so kind as to ask for a declaration on my nation? I can't seem to declare war while my nation's in nuclear anarchy :(

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='jerdge' date='19 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1266539394' post='2190645']
[/quote]

Your alliance which holds a treaty with ADI does not add enough incentive for you to learn more about them? :blink:

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='18 February 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1266469514' post='2188911']
Troy surrendered and white peace was given to all else that did not limit anyone's ability for re-entry. Read much?
[/quote]
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80222]White peace = surrendering?[/url]

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='19 February 2010' post='2191677']Your alliance which holds a treaty with ADI does not add enough incentive for you to learn more about them? :blink:[/quote]
We have way too many treaty partners and I have way too little time for that stuff. But there are others among us that know ADI very well (ScutterBug for example has always been near to them). It's not that I needed to do everything in person, even if I had any relevance...

[quote name='jerdge' date='19 February 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1266625125' post='2192682']
We have way too many treaty partners and I have way too little time for that stuff. But there are others among us that know ADI very well (ScutterBug for example has always been near to them). It's not that I needed to do everything in person, even if I had any relevance...
[/quote]
To the credit of jerdge, he has riddled me with questions in the past in private to understand ADI and the situation better. He is far from a mindless banner waver.