@ MHA

kitex

[quote name='kitex' date='16 February 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']
Reading these posts have made me think again.

Hell, this [i]is[/i] a game after all and isn't the point to have fun?

I guess I'll declare on IRON again after I get out of Anarchy. I'll go for broke.

*shrugs*

what's the worst that could happen?
[/quote]

[i]You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt[/i]

What's done is done. In the future, remember that even standing there and taking the blows means that someone else you care about isn't getting punched. In the meantime, serve your time as a POW well, learn from the experience, and move on to what else awaits you on Planet Bob. If you work hard enough and don't let the haters steal it from you, your potential is nearly limitless.

[i]OOC: interestingly enough, real life works that way too.[/i]

Edited by ChairmanHal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Venom4Viper' date='20 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1266682496' post='2193682']
i believe the only reason to surrender is if you get bill locked and there are chances your nation will get deleted cause of bills growing every day....other then that there is no other reason for a surrender :ph34r:
[/quote]

As long as you collect your taxes, you don't get deleted.

To the OP, it sounds as if your heart was in the right place, and that you acted in a manner to protect your alliance from further harm. From the posts already made, I hope you can see that what has happened is the opposite of what you intended. In future, discuss such moves with your (future) alliance colleagues. Also from what some MHAians have said, that alliance could well be MHA.

Either way, good luck (and don't break your surrender terms).

[quote name='BlaZeAzZ' date='16 February 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1266372801' post='2186692']
this and....

your only 5k ns.. thats pretty damn easy to get to.. im sure they would rather have you on the battle field
[/quote]
He's only 5K now. He started at 16K.

Still it doesn't take hundreds of millions to get to 16K.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='17 February 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1266371853' post='2186656']
Who did you surrender too?
[/quote]
Me.

We sent him surrender terms first time threatening him if he didn't surrender he'll be nuked daily. He ignored our first message. After 25hrs I sent him a glowing message followed with our surrender terms. He did not ignore this one.

[quote name='kitex' date='17 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']
Reading these posts have made me think again.

Hell, this [i]is[/i] a game after all and isn't the point to have fun?

I guess I'll declare on IRON again after I get out of Anarchy. I'll go for broke.

*shrugs*

what's the worst that could happen?
[/quote]
Bad idea..

I'd suggest you honour the terms you've already accepted.
When this war is over, sure come declare on us.

[quote name='Samus' date='21 February 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1266744751' post='2194854']
I'm 12. -.-'
[/quote]

By the way you act, I could have guessed...

haha jk :P

any way... I'd never surrender, Team > Infra
and, ill always have CMs :)

Edited by kahzaa

[quote name='Floatsam' date='17 February 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1266393741' post='2187309']
There may be some irked members of the MHA because of your surrender, but nobody is going to throw a fit over it. The main sentiment is that you did something entirely unnecessary. Also, remember that you aren't precluded from rejoining, but you should be prepared to explain your actions should you reapply.
[/quote]

I think he pretty much stated his reasoning in his OP. If he's given the opportunity to correct his mistake now that it has been explained to him, MHA has a good member to work with. Yes, he should have asked for help and advice on what to do before surrendering. But a mistake is only a bad mistake when one does nothing to correct it.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='16 February 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1266371341' post='2186643']
The reason surrendering hurts your alliance is that the damage you would have taken if you had remained fightng will get moved over to other people in the alliance who were already taking their own damage. So in effect, remaining in the fight even when outmatched [i]does[/I] help because it keeps other people from becoming even more outmatched than you are.
[/quote][quote name='Lord Brendan' date='16 February 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1266371619' post='2186651']
...."fire two cruise missiles every day or I WILL !@#$@#$ MURDER YOU". Not to mention occupying enemy offensive slots.

Infrastructure can be rebuilt.[/quote][quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1266681925' post='2193666']
[i]You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt[/i]

What's done is done. In the future, remember that even standing there and taking the blows means that someone else you care about isn't getting punched. In the meantime, serve your time as a POW well, learn from the experience, and move on to what else awaits you on Planet Bob. If you work hard enough and don't let the haters steal it from you, your potential is nearly limitless.

[i]OOC: interestingly enough, real life works that way too.[/i]
[/quote]

All of these people have stated things well.

When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it--immediately.

The [b]only[/b] real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing--learn from this experience and next time do things right.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Samus' date='21 February 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1266740210' post='2194814']
Me.

We sent him surrender terms first time threatening him if he didn't surrender he'll be nuked daily. He ignored our first message. After 25hrs I sent him a glowing message followed with our surrender terms. He did not ignore this one.
[/quote]

What glowing message? Your nuclear weapons are like cruise missiles...

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Those who are publicly ridiculing someone for making a misstep that is A) relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things and B) clearly borne not out of adverse motivations nor a lack of allegiance, but simply a lack of prior knowledge of the way surrender is viewed and treated in this game, should be mildly ashamed. I was surprised to see this kind of response on MHA boards and I'm annoyed (though not even slightly surprised) to see it here.

Edited by Khrushchev