@ MHA

kitex

This may not come out right and sound like I'm rambling, but here goes.

MHA, I have fought in every war from the Wolfpack War up until today's Top-CnG war. The only difference was that in this war I surrendered. I know that there'll be some in MHA who think that I punked out and probably won't wanna talk to me for a while and others that think I dishonored the alliance and also won't wanna talk to me. I'm fine with that.

The reason I surrendered was because I thought two things:

1. Let's just say I [i]do][/i] go all the way until I'm destroyed. How doest that benefit MHA in any way, shape, or form?

2. If one of the guys I'm fighting has 11 nukes and everyone else is doing massive attacks on me, is aid [i]really[/i] gonna make that much of a difference or am I just prolonging my fate?

Please keep in mind that I'm not using the above questions to provide an excuse for my surrender in any way. I realized that no matter if I got aid, that I'd still just be prolonging my doom.

I've always cared about, and still do care about MHA. I know that they're some who'll say "Well if you care so much about MHA, why'd you surrender?" My answer is that I cared about MHA and I want to see MHA do well long-term and if I surrendered, then hundredes of millions of dollars would have to be reinvested in my nation, just to get it back up to its former power.

I resigned from MHA, not because I wanted to try to escape a trial or wanted to keep the $3 mill in aid (which I'll make sure to pay back ASAP). I resigned from MHA because I honestly felt like I'd dishonored the alliance as a whole and felt like I [i]had[/i] to resign also because, while I can deal with going to court and excepting my just punishment, what I can't deal with is having friends be angry with me for doing something, that, at the moment, made sense in my opinion (I'm assuming that some of MHA is angry at me for surrendering). When I talked to Pudge on IRC yesterday and told him that I was resigning, I honestly felt sad at that moment, like I was leaving my home. While some in MHA will be angry with me and say "Good riddance," which I can completely understand, I'll always see MHA as a place, where for a little over two years, I had a great time with you guys.

Happy trails MHA,
Kitex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason surrendering hurts your alliance is that the damage you would have taken if you had remained fightng will get moved over to other people in the alliance who were already taking their own damage. So in effect, remaining in the fight even when outmatched [i]does[/I] help because it keeps other people from becoming even more outmatched than you are.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='Delta1212' date='16 February 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1266371341' post='2186643']
The reason surrendering hurts your alliance is that the damage you would have taken if you had remained fightng will get moved over to other people in the alliance who were already taking their own damage. So in effect, remaining in the fight even when outmatched [i]does[/I] help because it keeps other people from becoming even more outmatched than you are.
[/quote]
What this man said.

Delta beat me to it, as always. Even if you don't win ground or air attacks, you ALWAYS have your cruise missiles. To quote a famous CSN Head of State "fire two cruise missiles every day or I WILL !@#$@#$ MURDER YOU". Not to mention occupying enemy offensive slots.

Infrastructure can be rebuilt.

Your nation could have just been rebuilt after the war is won.

Now that you've surrendered you will not only have a destroyed nation but also a destroyed reputation.

Good luck with that, I suppose.

Edited by Tomcat

[quote name='Delta1212' date='16 February 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1266371341' post='2186643']
[/quote]
this and....

your only 5k ns.. thats pretty damn easy to get to.. im sure they would rather have you on the battle field

Reading these posts have made me think again.

Hell, this [i]is[/i] a game after all and isn't the point to have fun?

I guess I'll declare on IRON again after I get out of Anarchy. I'll go for broke.

*shrugs*

what's the worst that could happen?

Edited by kitex

When I saw the topic name I thought it was another Emily thread.

As everyone else said prolonging your destruction would have been good for the alliance. When I read your post however I felt you were trying to say you regret what you done. Therefore, I am not going to be like others in this thread and say who cares. I wish you good luck in your CN future.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='kitex' date='16 February 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']

I guess I'll declare on IRON again after I get out of Anarchy. I'll go for broke.

*shrugs*

[/quote]
Well, for one, you could suffer the consequences of breaking surrender terms. Not only will you get beat up, but you won't have anyone sticking up for you or backing you up at all. Not only is breaking terms considered far more dishonorable than surrendering, but you've now pissed off both sides. And you really shouldn't have declared your intent to break terms BEFORE you're able to, y'know, actually attack.

-Bama

EDIT: Omniscient, me too. :P

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='kitex' date='16 February 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']

*shrugs*

[/quote]

Your general sense in the OP was accurate: this war has turned into a staring contest between a very small number of alliance leaders, the general welfare of their memberships be damned.

As for the worst that could happen, I would not worry at all about your reputation as a player. Anyone who would break a friendship with you over your surrender and/or re-engagement in this fantasy world war is certainly not a friend, IC or OOC.

[quote name='kitex' date='17 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']

Hell, this [i]is[/i] a game after all and isn't the point to have fun?[/quote]

Just because this is a game, doesn't mean you can't play it properly.

[quote name='kitex' date='16 February 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1266373343' post='2186706']

*shrugs*

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you just screwed yourself.

[IMG]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/General_Vengeance/MISC/59totallyScrewed.jpg[/IMG]

You should have a little more faith in your alliance.

Also, I'm going to assume you don't frequent these boards based on this entire topic, so for the sake of full disclosure, I should probably tell you how this is going to go.

Those people fighting on MHA's side will have and will be criticizing your choice to surrender. People fighting against MHA's side will criticize your choice to rejoin the fight. There will be some slight and generally less ardent crossover as neither is a particularly supported option in general, but those are the lines along which the heaviest criticisms will inevitably fall.

[quote name='delendum' date='16 February 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1266375030' post='2186756']
Nobody is useless during war time unless they chose to be, regardless of how their pixels fare. There really is no excuse.
[/quote]

Being useful comes in many forms, not just supplying soldiers for some ego's battlefield.

When alliance leaders make bad decisions and show no willingness to correct them, it is up to the membership to correct them.

When reason fails, sometimes the most useful thing a nation leader can do for his alliance is to vote with his feet.