Concerning the War of Aggression against C&G

Archon

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/thumb/1/18/BigCnBigG.png/766px-BigCnBigG.png[/img][/center]

It would appear the need has arisen for me to clear up a few misconceptions and to globally address a few matters, something I was genuinely hoping to avoid this time around. I'm writing simultaneously as King of the Mushroom Kingdom and as a member of the Complaints and Grievances Union, given that parts of this will be relevant just to MK and parts to the whole Union.

To begin, I would like to note my gratitude to all allies who have put their nations on the line in defense of the Mushroom Kingdom. I would be remiss if I did not honor them, but their actions deserve even more praise. We are in a difficult position, beset by technologically superior enemies who have not had to endure the crushing curbstomps of the Hegemony era that highlight the history of the Kingdom and who grew fattened with technology from them. The unhesitating and unceasing support of our allies against these foes is something that shall not be forgotten in these halls. It has not always been easy for some of our allies, a fact we appreciate, so their presence on the field of combat in our defense against the blatant and unprovoked aggression of TOP/IRON/FEAR/DAWN/TSO/TORN (hereafter TIFDTT) is one of the greatest acts of loyalty this alliance has ever witnessed. We strive to live up to that example.

And now, to business. There are a couple salient points that beg addressing, so I will try to come to each in a logical and coherent manner. Can't promise anything, though :P

[b]Addressing the Rumors of Terms Offered[/b]

It has come to the attention of the Complaints and Grievances Union that rumors abound concerning the end of this current conflagration and terms offered by us to the initial aggressor alliances. These rumors are unsubstantiated, and I can state quite concretely on behalf of the Union that they are outright false. In other words, people claiming to have heard about terms offered or terms formulated by us are talking out of their $@!. It's a fairly common occurrence, so this shouldn't really be a surprise to any of you, but apparently it merits mention all the same. I can state, unequivocally, that the Union has not even begun to contemplate terms of surrender to offer to the TIFDTT alliances. This is not out of any desire to prolong the war, or to keep the TIFDTT alliances in a state of warfare akin to that seen in the VietFAN war, but rather it is because we are busy [i]fighting the war[/i]. The martial prowess of TIFDTT...well, some of TIFDTT, is such that we are by no means nearing a decisive victory, and as such any talk of surrender terms would be not only premature, but an unnecessary and harmful distraction to the much more pressing matter of war planning and execution. While the comparisons to the Hegemony have been hilarious in their stunning inaccuracy and stupidity, I would like to remind you the reader that this war has barely spanned half a month. Those campaigns of the Hegemony lasted far longer and were far more brutal and oppressive in nature. This is no Hegemonic curbstomp. This is a global war whose outcome has not been decisively decided yet. Quit complaining and just fight the damn war.

[b]On the Aggression of TIFDTT[/b]

Recently, I had the opportunity to sit down with Crymson of TOP (while he was still officially Grand Master), and Peron of IRON, and discuss their alliances' motivations in this war, and the reasons which led them down the path of first-strike aggressive warfare against the C&G Union. It was an extraordinarily enlightening discussion, kept civil throughout and, while technically unofficial in that I was not representing the Union as a whole but merely an inquisitive nation, it was nonetheless quite informative. They gave me a decent amount of information, but of course they knew that ultimately it would be my reading and interpretation of things that would allow me to draw my conclusion...I will not cherry pick quotes from those logs for sake of propaganda, nor will I dump them in their entirety for that would be crude treatment of an honest and productive conversation. However, I did share those logs with the other alliance leaders within the Complaints and Grievances Union, and we have all unilaterally drawn the same conclusion:

The attacks perpetrated by TOP and her allies against the Complaints and Grievances Union were born out of paranoia, unsubstantiated by concrete evidence beyond teasing and whatnot by regular C&G members (but few or no instances by government), and ultimately justified by reasoning that boils down to "you were going to defend your allies who we would be attacking, thus you'd be at war at us, thus that's an aggressive threat against us." This is my paraphrase, of course. As such, the Complaints and Grievances Union is treating this war as an unprovoked aggressive attack against our nations, one that has been endorsed by the nations that have come to the defense of the original TIFDTT defenders, and one that has caused irreparable damage to our alliances.

Beyond this, however, and hearkening to the conversation with Crymson and Peron, it became clear that part of the rationale for the timing of the TIFDTT attack was the strategic alignment of various alliances at the time - the attack was meant for a time when C&G would be seen at its weakest, and was meant to do great damage to our collective Union. Due to this, the Union has come to the conclusion that we should expect future threats to our security from TIFDTT, and that any premature ending to this conflict would only improve the strategic situation for TIFDTT, thus encouraging future persecution against our alliances. This brings me to...

[b]On the TIFDTT Offer of White Peace[/b]

It has been made clear to us, the Union, that, at least with respect to TOP and IRON, the only exit path from this current war is a global white peace. Due to the above reasoning, and the general !@#$%^&* reasons for starting this war, the Complaints and Grievances Union has zero interest in offering White Peace to the TIFDTT coalition at this current point in time. We are resolved to fight and defend ourselves against the threat that is presented by the TIFDTT alliances.

We would also like to note that the TIFDTT rationale that the Union is only validating the threat perceived by TOP and IRON by not unilaterally bending over and offering White Peace is a rather transparent attempt at trying to get us to cater to your strategic situation. The only threat to TOP and IRON was their own paranoia, and it has manifested itself once again in this global conflict. You, and you alone, authored this war.

We would also like to publicly assert that at no time did the Complaints and Grievances Union ever intend to aggressively pursue war against TOP or IRON. We do indeed recognize the fact that, had TOP or IRON hit our allies, we would be honor bound to defend them. We would also like to note that 2 + 2 = 4, as we feel these two statements are equally obvious. Had TIFDTT not wished to engage the Union, or had they wished to avoid the perceived threat, not attacking us or our allies would have been a really simple way to achieve this.

[b]On the Circumstances Leading up to the TIFDTT Attack[/b]

I will keep this quite brief, but I feel it is worth mentioning [i]something[/i] giving my excoriation of TIFDTT and their rationale for an aggressive attack. I will not deny that MK was working quite diligently to secure peace in the Polar - \m/ theater, as it was really saddening for us to see our allies at odds with one another. I will also note that we stepped up our efforts once we learned there was a chance of an opportunistic strike against the Complaints and Grievances Union (opportunistic in that, with the New Polar Order tied up, C&G and specifically MK and GR were short one very potent ally), as we realized quite astutely that the strategic opening Crymson saw would have been catastrophic for the C&G Union, though the information came to us only shortly before the strike via a series of OPSEC faults and didn't really do much either way.

Some people see things in the shadows, and sometimes things are much simpler than they appear. I don't really think I need to say anything more there.

[b]On the Reason for Saying Anything at All[/b]

Following the talk with Crymson and Peron, there was an expectation that C&G would give some sort of a response to the TOP/IRON assertion that it would be White Peace or War. Beyond that, there has been some more rumor mongering about our, and specifically my, "stalling on peace." To that I would like to offer my apologies, and note to the reader that I have been busy dealing with OOC issues. I appreciate your understanding in this matter, and hope that this has been informative enough to quell most of the rumor mongering that has been plaguing these forums in recent times.

You can feel free to argue and bicker away now :P

[i]Archon[/i]
King of the Mushroom Kingdom
Member of the Complaints and Grievances Union

Edit Reason: A mistake got through like 10 proof readers :(

Edited by TheNeverender

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='16 February 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1266288450' post='2184048']
OH GOD HERE COME THE HATERS.

[/quote]
I haven't even done anything yet!

Anyway, this is good to see. Perhaps now we can expect those who are saying "this war can end anytime (whomever) comes to CnG to accept our terms" to finally stop spreading falsehoods.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='15 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1266288410' post='2184044']
We would also like to publicly assert that at no time did the Complaints and Grievances Union ever intend to aggressively pursue war against TOP or IRON. We do indeed recognize the fact that, had TOP or IRON hit [b]our[/b] allies, we would be honor bound to defend them. We would also like to note that 2 + 2 = 4, as we feel these two statements are equally obvious. Had TIFDTT not wished to engage the Union, or had they wished to avoid the perceived threat, not attacking us or our allies would have been a really simple way to achieve this.
[/quote]
Just a small typo.

There are some significant inaccuracies in your interpretations. I'll leave it to the current government to discuss that with you. In any event, I regret having had any sort of on-the-level talk with you, because in the event you've decided to present what Peron and I said in the worst possible manner and then aggressively demean it in public. I suppose all should take notice that discussing things with you in good faith is not the way to go.

(Edit: I should say "presented" in the worst possible manner, not "interpreted").

Well, whatever.

To all those who respond to this post: no matter what you might say, I <3 you all anyway! :)

Edited by Crymson