\m/ Decree

[quote name='Haflinger' date='20 February 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1266672132' post='2193549']
And Valhalla didn't support that attack, and refused to defend them against counterattacks from C&G allies per their non-chaining clause.

FAN then attacked IRON as an uninvolved party, claiming that they ... well ... deserved it.

When someone attacks your MDP partner because they "deserve it", I hope you realize that that means your MDP is activated, regardless of what else is going on at the time.
[/quote]

How dare you actually bring [size="4"][b]logic[/b][/size] into this conversation! -_-

It's really pretty simple, yet the simplicity eludes them.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 February 2010 - 06:04 AM' timestamp='1266667464' post='2193510']
Ive seen a lot of scummy things done on Bob by alliance leaders wanting flex their egos. This has to rank up there with the worst of them. This whole thread was based on a lie by \m/ that people in BAPS & Valhalla were queing up to surrender. This was a lie which was later confirmed to be a lie by \m/ who considered it a fishing trip rather than the result of people actually wanting to surrender.

So some poor guy surrenders and because you want to get an I told you so in. You run to the OWF and pubicly humilate your 1st and probably last PoW ever. The public humilation of a PoW is a low and vile thing to do just so you could get one up on people who made you admit to your initial lies. This is utterly pathetic and shows that \m/ today are just as vile and low as the previous incarination.

The very least \m/ can do is publicly appologise to this person with the same gusto they used when publicly humilating him.
[/quote]
This is quite possibly one of the worst posts I've ever seen. I don't usually comment on the quality of people's posts or use ad homs (without slipping in an argument/joking about it) these days, but my goodness.

1. We never argued people were queing up to surrender, just that one or two or maybe 10 might want to surrender. Not a large number by all means. Both of your alliances are known for fighting.
2. We didn't try to force a surrender so we could have an "I told you so." That implies that we would have done something to this nation that we don't do to all nations that we war. Welp, I don't see what more we could have done, considering that he's a low level nation but whatever.
3. This is hardly public humiliation. Even if it was, our terms, and the terms of a variety of alliances, dictate that one has to post in the surrender thread anyway. Either way, his surrender would be public.
4. I know that tone is OOC: Hard to read over the internet, but there is hardly any room for interpreting the sharp mocking tone in Marx's post. Since you know, it doesn't exist.

tl;dr - Marx said that if even 1 nation surrendered, this thread has meaning and showed that 1 nation surrendered, thus giving a thread, which already had 10+ pages of discussion over terms that nobody would accept, meaning.

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='20 February 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1266656183' post='2193407']
Only trash would surrender to \m/.
Sad but true. If you have one; keep them.
[/quote]
Now now, I'm sure his surrender MUST be explainable. Maybe he is simply having a hard time of it...?

[quote name='jeff744' date='20 February 2010 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1266662569' post='2193486']
We were well aware of him ahead of time, he displayed extreme infra hugging (not Valhallan), large will to be a hippy for life (not Valhallan), and his bio displays just how little his importance was in the alliance since the membership overwhelmingly wanted to support IRON. His activity is so small that you get more life out of the spider you crushed against a wall a week ago, he did not display any Valhallan traits and I am more amazed that somebody in \m/ actually took his opinion seriously.

I believe I speak for all Valhalla when I say you can keep him, he is no longer welcome and never will be, he displayed his pixels were more important than the bond we share as an alliance and that is not something we want in Valhalla.

EDIT: Pics were bigger than I thought.
[/quote]
... or perhaps he's the antithesis to everything Valhalla and BAPS create in our members. If you think this person is typical of us then you are very sadly mistaken. Before I even saw jeff744's response (thank you btw), I correctly guessed that this nation never participated in Valhalla except by being there. Never strived for military excellence as the rest of Valhalla and BAPS have.

So, you're welcome to your first and last prisoner of war.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1266671744' post='2193543']
They don't each a lot of public relations classes around your office building do they there, Marxie? :rolleyes:

See...I've kinda gone out of my way to try to help you guys out a bit and give your part in this fight some validity and this is my reward?

Good luck I guess in getting the other 79 of us to surrender. At your current rate of progress, you be ZIed about 1/3 of the way through the roster.

EDIT/PROTIP: Less RAD, more quietly ruining games, man...just sayin'
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice, but we do not want or need it. \m/ is now 100% ChairmanHal free for a reason.

[quote name='Earogema' date='20 February 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1266682178' post='2193671']
1. We never argued people were queing up to surrender, just that one or two or maybe 10 might want to surrender. Not a large number by all means. Both of your alliances are known for fighting.[/quote]
10 people can form a queue and represents 20% of BAPS. It is a significant number to us.

[quote]2. We didn't try to force a surrender so we could have an "I told you so." That implies that we would have done something to this nation that we don't do to all nations that we war. Welp, I don't see what more we could have done, considering that he's a low level nation but whatever. [/quote]
I said when you got a surrender you came out her to gloat about it.

[quote]3. This is hardly public humiliation. Even if it was, our terms, and the terms of a variety of alliances, dictate that one has to post in the surrender thread anyway. Either way, his surrender would be public. [/quote]
The 1st person to surrender to you was publicly held up here to try and embarras him and us. In turn it has made you look like heartless tyrants who humilate defeated foes as they will probably have their picture held up for all the world to see while you gloat about having a member of BAPS or Valhalla surrender. Ok, explain why the leader of your alliance posted the surrender here with this comment if it wasnt an to humilate after this thread embarassed him and his alliance?

[b]"I'd like to point out to all of you who said your members would never surrender that someone has"[/b]

[quote]4. I know that tone is OOC: Hard to read over the internet, but there is hardly any room for interpreting the sharp mocking tone in Marx's post. Since you know, it doesn't exist.[/quote]
The mocking tone can be seen in the context of the whole the thread. When it was admitted that BAPS & Valhalla nations requesting surrender terms werent the reason for the thread it made the whole affair look rediculious. When someone actually surrendered they werend treated with any respect like other alliances. They were produced here and in the context of the whole thread its very much an I told you so moment.

[quote]tl;dr - Marx said that if even 1 nation surrendered, this thread has meaning and showed that 1 nation surrendered, thus giving a thread, which already had 10+ pages of discussion over terms that nobody would accept, meaning.
[/quote]
First there is no proof this thread had any impact on his surrender. He even asks him to sign up to the fourm if he isnt already signed up. Not a very convincing thing to say if you think this thread did the trick. If you think all this is worth a 1.5k then your alliance has issues.

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='20 February 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1266691361' post='2193893']
Thanks for the advice, but we do not want or need it. \m/ is now 100% ChairmanHal free for a reason.
[/quote]

Yeah, I never asked to be part of it. :smug:

Oh yeah, and some of you it seems still think of me as a political climber and not "\m/ enough". Funny that L_E always thought I was "\m/ enough"...and Jason8...and well, a lot of other people who didn't flame out/rage quit/or decide that lulzy = \m/. \m/ was never that simple. Even now, you don't get it. Some of your fellow alliance members however still do.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='20 February 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1266692007' post='2193920']
Apparently one statement constitutes 100% of everything \m/ has ever said.
[/quote]
[img]http://mattfedder.com/img/sarcasm.png[/img]
Your detector appears to be broken.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='15 February 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1266280994' post='2183743']
It has been brought to my attention that there are individuals within Valhalla and BAPS that are looking to surrender since their leadership believes they can fight a losing war forever. Because of this, \m/ has decided to make terms for individual surrenders available to these besieged nations. The terms are as follows;

*snip*
[/quote]

You guys are arguing something that has already been stated earlier. As a result, I'll go through the issue of this thread for those of you that need it again.

Offering individual terms is acceptable, as it does come up. The gripe that occurs, however, is that your poor attempt at propaganda tries to make it seem as if BAPS and Valhallan members have no desire to continue in war, disagree with their leadership, and wish to surrender.

The fact is that you could've simply posted individual surrender terms. However, whether intentionally or not is irrelevant, you stated that bit above making false and baseless applications.

First, you stated "there are individuals within Valhalla and BAPS that are looking to surrender." Now let's not be dishonest with ourselves here. You know that implies more than just 1 or 2 ghosts, which is exactly why you slowly backed off until someone stated something along the lines of "if 1 in 9999999999 surrender this has served its purpose." Now don't try to make it seem like 10 are going to surrender, or even more than that as the original post clearly implied.

Then, "since their leadership believes they can fight a losing war forever." Here again your attempt at propaganda is evident. If you merely wanted to post surrender terms for a solitary ghost or two, this statement would not have been necessary. You are retreating in your argument but this first post prevents you from doing so effectively. This statement makes it seem as if members disagree with their leaders, who want to keep fighting to ZI even though their members disagree. This is a lie. And coming from \m/, it's funny that you say it is a losing war, since the trends show you're taking on more losses than us lately.

The fact of the matter is, you should have just posted the terms for the occasional ghost or out-of-touch member. Instead you made an attempt at propaganda which we quickly exposed to be false and baseless. Some of your members displayed some logic and backed off while others tried to win a hopeless debate.

Let's not continue trying to twist what we all know is the truth.

Edited by RePePe

[quote]To: Havamil From: olafthunderfoot Date: 2/16/2010 12:53:59 AM

Subject: RE: New Target List

Message: :P you can figure out where i want you to put that list! [/quote]

[quote]To: Havamil From: olafthunderfoot Date: 2/19/2010 12:42:40 AM

Subject: RE: Heya

Message: the forums suck xxx and i can never find anything there! thanks for gettin me nuked! [/quote]

[quote]To: Havamil From: olafthunderfoot Date: 2/19/2010 12:45:01 AM

Subject: RE: Heya

Message: i never go to the forums because the layout is all wonkey and i can never find a thing i want, and it gets cutt off if i do find it! [/quote]

This is the "Valhallan" that you took prisoner. :lol1: Just fyi he has posted his resignation on our boards. Hes your problem now.

If these are the kind of surrenders you are looking for I have to thank you. It helps us clean out the weak links :smug:

[quote name='Havamil' date='20 February 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1266695022' post='2193996']
This is the "Valhallan" that you took prisoner. :lol1: Just fyi he has posted his resignation on our boards. Hes your problem now.

If these are the kind of surrenders you are looking for I have to thank you. It helps us clean out the weak links :smug:
[/quote]

[quote name='Alterego']The public humilation of a PoW is a low and vile thing to do just so you could get one up on people who made you admit to your initial lies. This is utterly pathetic...[/quote]

He will be coming by shortly to chastise you as well, you monster! :awesome:

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='20 February 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1266695743' post='2194017']
He will be coming by shortly to chastise you as well, you monster! :awesome:
[/quote]

He did that yesterday, twas a lovely post. I think we will probably be the bestest buddies. :gag:

[quote name='Earth Shaker' date='16 February 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1266336797' post='2185662']
I, Earth Shaker of BAPS reject the terms for that I never individually surrender and for I still need to kick out some \m/ nations arse.
p
And you know what's the funniest thing? since my nukes were running out I PM'd two \m/ nations and told them I'll nuke whichever of you who attack first. And you know what happened? They didn't attack me yet :D

o/ BAPS
o/ Valhalla
o/ Purple
[/quote]

I'm still laughing at your messages even though my war is over now. Yes you didn't get attacked at update that night I was up in the mountains snowboarding for two days, but you did receive your attacks when I got back ;-) It was fun watching your nation drop from 56K NS to 24 NS during our war. Too bad your too small to reengage with :unsure:

It was fun while it lasted ;)

[quote name='ragingchaos' date='20 February 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1266696410' post='2194026']
I'm still laughing at your messages even though my war is over now. Yes you didn't get attacked at update that night I was up in the mountains snowboarding for two days, but you did receive your attacks when I got back ;-) It was fun watching your nation drop from 56K NS to 24 NS during our war. Too bad your too small to reengage with :unsure:

It was fun while it lasted ;)
[/quote]

Son, if your nation isn't half the NS that it was before this war started, then must be one of those green replacement soldiers.

[img]http://www.freedomteamsalute.com/news/image/pic-2009-v05-p04b.jpg[/img]

We got your snow boarding right here. Grab a trench.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1266700084' post='2194091']
Son, if your nation isn't half the NS that it was before this war started, then must be one of those green replacement soldiers.

[img]http://www.freedomteamsalute.com/news/image/pic-2009-v05-p04b.jpg[/img]

We got your snow boarding right here. Grab a trench.
[/quote]
If I can get back to half anytime soon I will be happy.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='20 February 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1266695310' post='2194005']
This announcement has been a train wreck from start to finish. While this hasn't been our finest hour in terms of announcement there are a few in BAPS and Valhalla who have behaved no better in this thread.
[/quote]
Surfers can only ride the wave, they dont create the wave. Once on the wave they go where it takes them.

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1266710217' post='2194262']
Surfers can only ride the wave, they dont create the wave. Once on the wave they go where it takes them.
[/quote]
Your analogy doesn't really fit this instance, but I hazard you knew that when you posted it.

[quote name='theArrowheadian' date='20 February 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1266718277' post='2194391']
How humiliating would it be surrendering to this incarnation of \m/.
[/quote]
About as humiliating as your ex-alliance pointing out how crappy of a member you are, and anyone that reads this thread or the surrenders one is.

Wow, that is a confusing sentence, basically: ex-alliance trashing you + thread now dedicated to your surrender + posting in surrender thread + picking the alliance that has done the least damage = total humiliation of a surrender to \m/.

Edited by jeff744

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='20 February 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1266695310' post='2194005']
This announcement has been a train wreck from start to finish. While this hasn't been our finest hour in terms of announcement there are a few in BAPS and Valhalla who have behaved no better in this thread.
[/quote]
this announcement was fine. Just upholding the standards of Bob by posting surrender terms. it became a trainwreck when Valhalla and BAPS came through talking !@#$ in a simple INDIVIDUAL surrender terms thread