\m/ Decree

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' date='20 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1266646690' post='2193160']
This is sort of amusing seeing as you declared in defense of IRON.
[/quote]

really? please explain.

I'm not agreeing with the attack on C&G, that front has absolutely no bearing on the fact that FAN aggressed IRON, and since they did so with out any treaty obligation, the non chaining part of the MDoAP between IRON and Valhalla wasn't enacted.

This is really about as cut and dry as anyone could ask for. FAN understands this, we've spoken with them. Why is it so difficult for you to understand it?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='20 February 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1266647041' post='2193178']
really? please explain.
[/quote]
The people you declared in defense of had declared war on a uninvolved party in a conflict by claiming they would eventually enter on the wrong side. That's as far as you get from being treaty bound. I feel like I kinda ruined the joke by explaining it. Oh well. Tough crowd :(

[quote name='Graphix' date='20 February 2010 - 06:14 AM' timestamp='1266646488' post='2193153']
Edit: Just as a side note, if I said "they" instead of "you" when referring to PC, it's because it slipped my mind for a few minutes that you were from PC and not \m/.
[/quote]

I'm confused as to why you'd think I'm in \m/ to began with........ Anyhow..., thanks for your time.

[quote name='neneko' date='20 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266647287' post='2193193']
The people you declared in defense of had declared war on a uninvolved party in a conflict by claiming they would eventually enter on the wrong side. That's as far as you get from being treaty bound. I feel like I kinda ruined the joke by explaining it. Oh well. Tough crowd :(
[/quote]

So when IRON screwed up, Val should have just canceled all treaties and allowed any Tom Dick & Harry to do what ever they pleased in regards to IRON?

Interesting.

I see MK still has a Polar treaty.

So yeah, please come play again when you can actually have a meaningful contribution.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='19 February 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1266626834' post='2192711']
well i think this thread is pretty much over. its boiled down to insults and character attack now instead of actual points being made
[/quote]

The bottomline line is that FAN declared war on IRON not because of any treaty and FAN freely admitted as much. Anyone claiming that their attack on IRON was about any sort of "natural friendship" or "empathy for C&G" or anything other than FAN seeking revenge for something that happened now over two years ago is being completely and totally intellectually dishonest. The attack on IRON was opportunism, pure and simple.

As for PC's participation in this war, once again, pure and simple opportunism. No treaty obligated it. None. There wasn't even any sort of real revenge angle, unless PC wants to now claim to be hurt over Valhalla's attack on them during the Karma War--they aren't and they know it.

\m/ motivations were understandable and technically fell under treaty. So did the participation of all those on the Valhalla side including Valhalla itself.

This theater of operations should be winding down and the participants staggering back home. FAN proved that it can fight a bit. Friendships have been proven. Anything further is just causing damage people really shouldn't absorb. I believe that if FAN is willing to head home at this point, everyone else will as well under the flag of white peace. It has been a good fight all around and I thought everyone had developed some new respect for each other...well I thought so anyway. After reading the past few pages...meh.

[quote name='neneko' date='20 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266647287' post='2193193']
[/quote]
Ah, time to use small words. We have a treaty with IRON. Got it? Okay. This treaty says we defend them. Got that part too? Okay lets move on. FAN attacked them with no treaty to any of the CnG alliances. Got this down? Cool, now for the next part. Since there were no treaties chaining FAN to CnG, our nice little treaty says we defend IRON. Get it? Or is all of this too confusing for a simple minded fellow such as yourself?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='20 February 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1266647574' post='2193212']
So when IRON screwed up, Val should have just canceled all treaties and allowed any Tom Dick & Harry to do what ever they pleased in regards to IRON?
[/quote]
No that'd been sort of a mean thing to do. It's not like anyone was going ot cancel on npo when they messed up.

That's not what I was saying though. I said you got yourself into a amusing situation. Lighten up a little not everything has to be hardcore partylines and propaganda.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 06:35 AM' timestamp='1266647723' post='2193220']
The bottomline line is that FAN declared war on IRON not because of any treaty and FAN freely admitted as much. Anyone claiming that their attack on IRON was about any sort of "natural friendship" or "empathy for C&G" or anything other than FAN seeking revenge for something that happened now over two years ago is being completely and totally intellectually dishonest. The attack on IRON was opportunism, pure and simple.

As for PC's participation in this war, once again, pure and simple opportunism. No treaty obligated it. None. There wasn't even any sort of real revenge angle, unless PC wants to now claim to be hurt over Valhalla's attack on them during the Karma War--they aren't and they know it.

\m/ motivations were understandable and technically fell under treaty. So did the participation of all those on the Valhalla side including Valhalla itself.

This theater of operations should be winding down and the participants staggering back home. FAN proved that it can fight a bit. Friendships have been proven. Anything further is just causing damage people really shouldn't absorb. I believe that if FAN is willing to head home at this point, everyone else will as well under the flag of white peace. It has been a good fight all around and I thought everyone had developed some new respect for each other...well I thought so anyway. After reading the past few pages...meh.
[/quote]

Opportunism means the side has something to gain from doing it..... What would FAN and PC have to gain from declaring on IRON/Valhalla? Losing infrastructure isn't something I find to be opportunistic....

Also Hal I tend to dislike you, but that might just be your aggressive nature.

Edited by Tick1

[quote name='Tick1' date='20 February 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1266647867' post='2193228']
Opportunism means the side has something to gain from doing it..... What would FAN and PC have to gain from declaring on IRON/Valhalla? Losing infrastructure isn't something I find to be opportunistic....

Also Hal I tend to dislike you, but that might just be your aggressive nature.
[/quote]

I work for Valhalla...I'm what passes for zen amongst those Vikings... :smug:

Once again, with feeling...FAN saw an opportunity to jump in on the stronger side and settle an old score. They went for it. They also wanted to prove they could still fight. Mission accomplished on that part. However, sometimes you prove your point until all you really prove is that your ever so much more than touched in the head. Stopping now would be the smart move for them, else as you say, they'll get too beat down.

As for what PC gains from this war...why don't you tell me? Because other than "because we can", which pretty much sums up PC's war declaration, it doesn't make a lot of sense, save that PC likes a good fight. So does Valhalla. What separates us however is that Valhalla entered the war because of a treaty. PC had no such document.

I don't know or care about what you guys are arguing about now, but I'd like to point out to all of you who said your members would never surrender that someone has;

[img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh279/RealDavester/mpow.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/m9bux3.jpg[/img]

Even if you claim they are a ghost or a member you've always hated, this thread has still served it's purpose regardless of what you think. Thank you for your time.

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='20 February 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1266656183' post='2193407']
Only trash would surrender to \m/.
Sad but true. If you have one; keep them.
[/quote]
weve already addressed that point. try something new instead of mocking what everyone else in the thread has said

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='20 February 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1266656183' post='2193407']
Only trash would surrender to \m/.
Sad but true. If you have one; keep them.
[/quote]
Wow, well trash is a step up from garbage, good to see we are gaining in the eyes of Iron.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='20 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1266656948' post='2193422']
Wow, well trash is a step up from garbage, good to see we are gaining in the eyes of Iron.
[/quote]
Just my personal take. Anything with the word "bling" in it should burn.
I would be embarrassed to ever surrender to anything "blingin'"
Embarrassed to surrender period, but doubly so if it were blingin'. :P
Nothing personal. I'm sure you're a great bunch o' folk. Just not my style.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='20 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1266656945' post='2193421']
weve already addressed that point. try something new instead of mocking what everyone else in the thread has said
[/quote]
Yeah... Who the hell are you?
I'm not going to go over 13 pages of comms regarding personal feelings for or against \m/ personal surrender terms.
I enjoy my life, and every grain of sand in my tiny widdle hourglass.

Edited by PrideAssassin

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='20 February 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1266655884' post='2193402']
I don't know or care about what you guys are arguing about now, but I'd like to point out to all of you who said your members would never surrender that someone has;

<snip>

Even if you claim they are a ghost or a member you've always hated, this thread has still served it's purpose regardless of what you think. Thank you for your time.
[/quote]
We were well aware of him ahead of time, he displayed extreme infra hugging (not Valhallan), large will to be a hippy for life (not Valhallan), and his bio displays just how little his importance was in the alliance since the membership overwhelmingly wanted to support IRON. His activity is so small that you get more life out of the spider you crushed against a wall a week ago, he did not display any Valhallan traits and I am more amazed that somebody in \m/ actually took his opinion seriously.

I believe I speak for all Valhalla when I say you can keep him, he is no longer welcome and never will be, he displayed his pixels were more important than the bond we share as an alliance and that is not something we want in Valhalla.

EDIT: Pics were bigger than I thought.

Edited by jeff744

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='20 February 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1266655884' post='2193402']

[img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh279/RealDavester/mpow.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/m9bux3.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Ive seen a lot of scummy things done on Bob by alliance leaders wanting flex their egos. This has to rank up there with the worst of them. This whole thread was based on a lie by \m/ that people in BAPS & Valhalla were queing up to surrender. This was a lie which was later confirmed to be a lie by \m/ who considered it a fishing trip rather than the result of people actually wanting to surrender.

So some poor guy surrenders and because you want to get an I told you so in. You run to the OWF and pubicly humilate your 1st and probably last PoW ever. The public humilation of a PoW is a low and vile thing to do just so you could get one up on people who made you admit to your initial lies. This is utterly pathetic and shows that \m/ today are just as vile and low as the previous incarination.

The very least \m/ can do is publicly appologise to this person with the same gusto they used when publicly humilating him.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 February 2010 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1266667464' post='2193510']
Ive seen a lot of scummy things done on Bob by alliance leaders wanting flex their egos. This has to rank up there with the worst of them. This whole thread was based on a lie by \m/ that people in BAPS & Valhalla were queing up to surrender. This was a lie which was later confirmed to be a lie by \m/ who considered it a fishing trip rather than the result of people actually wanting to surrender.

So some poor guy surrenders and because you want to get an I told you so in. You run to the OWF and pubicly humilate your 1st and probably last PoW ever. The public humilation of a PoW is a low and vile thing to do just so you could get one up on people who made you admit to your initial lies. This is utterly pathetic and shows that \m/ today are just as vile and low as the previous incarination.

The very least \m/ can do is publicly appologise to this person with the same gusto they used when publicly humilating him.
[/quote]
Not to be a stick in the mud, but surenderees deserve all the humiliation they get. One who surrenders to \m/ doubly so.
That said, this guy definitely will never see Valhalla. Enjoy the one rotten weenie you managed to stuff down your gullet. :)

Edited by PrideAssassin

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='20 February 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1266655884' post='2193402']

<snippage>

[/quote]

They don't each a lot of public relations classes around your office building do they there, Marxie? :rolleyes:

See...I've kinda gone out of my way to try to help you guys out a bit and give your part in this fight some validity and this is my reward?

Good luck I guess in getting the other 79 of us to surrender. At your current rate of progress, you be ZIed about 1/3 of the way through the roster.

EDIT/PROTIP: Less RAD, more quietly ruining games, man...just sayin'

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='neneko' date='20 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266647287' post='2193193']The people you declared in defense of had declared war on a uninvolved party in a conflict by claiming they would eventually enter on the wrong side.[/quote]
And Valhalla didn't support that attack, and refused to defend them against counterattacks from C&G allies per their non-chaining clause.

FAN then attacked IRON as an uninvolved party, claiming that they ... well ... deserved it.

When someone attacks your MDP partner because they "deserve it", I hope you realize that that means your MDP is activated, regardless of what else is going on at the time.