An MHAnnouncement

jadoo1989

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1266234317' post='2182774']
Your great allies GGA thank you for your support and congratulations on peace.

So what is MHA's excuse? You guys could do with a little oil yourselves.
[/quote]

Would of expected a comment like that from Crymson, not from a member of IRON. In my personal experiences the IRON war machine isn't great either. I would personally invite you to have a free testing session of the MHA war machine, but alas you're far far tooo small. Less of the big talk off the battlefields, more of the nuking on it!

Edited by scutterbug

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 February 2010 - 03:49 AM' timestamp='1266205775' post='2182078']
They lost around 40% of their NS in this war...so while perhaps by some people's standards their exit was quick, I wouldn't exactly say they ran from the battlefield after the first volley either.
[/quote]

They lost 40%?

Wow, that didn't take long

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' date='15 February 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1266244903' post='2182936']
They lost 40%?

Wow, that didn't take long
[/quote]
Yeah that was rather my reaction to reading that. Certainly some credit goes to GGA for putting their nations on the line and taking punches for their allies, but those punches certainly seem to have landed pretty hard.

[quote]So what is MHA's excuse? You guys could do with a little oil yourselves.[/quote]
All alliances could. But really, IRON isn't in a position to make these comments.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='15 February 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1266247595' post='2182992']
Yeah that was rather my reaction to reading that. Certainly some credit goes to GGA for putting their nations on the line and taking punches for their allies, but those punches certainly seem to have landed pretty hard.

All alliances could. But really, IRON isn't in a position to make these comments.
[/quote]
I agree. IRON have been poor in this war.

On Topic: Good luck MHA and GGA.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1266234317' post='2182774']
Your great allies GGA thank you for your support and congratulations on peace.

So what is MHA's excuse? You guys could do with a little oil yourselves.
[/quote]

Pots honestly shouldn't be calling the kettle black.

[quote name='scutterbug' date='15 February 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1266236522' post='2182803']
Would of expected a comment like that from Crymson, not from a member of IRON. In my personal experiences the IRON war machine isn't great either. I would personally invite you to have a free testing session of the MHA war machine, but alas you're far far tooo small. Less of the big talk off the battlefields, more of the nuking on it!
[/quote]

I would expect a comment like this to be made about TOP's recently retired Grand Master from their enemies not their MDP partner, your sig is very telling so get off your high horse. I guess we can both be sad pandas together. I had free testing with nukes on MHA during Karma war it wasn't all that more difficult. All this talk of poor military performance yet we warrant DOW's from Sparta, MHA, Gremlins and FARK, we must be doing something right. :smug:

Anyhow I digress.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1266251501' post='2183049']
I would expect a comment like this to be made about TOP's recently retired Grand Master from their enemies not their MDP partner, your sig is very telling so get off your high horse. I guess we can both be sad pandas together. I had free testing with nukes on MHA during Karma war it wasn't all that more difficult. All this talk of poor military performance yet we warrant DOW's from Sparta, MHA, Gremlins and FARK, we must be doing something right. :smug:

Anyhow I digress.
[/quote]

Scutterbug has made it a habit of bashing allies and wearing propaganda sigs that oppose them. Luckily, he is not a typical MHA member as they tend to exhibit a lot more class and more times than not actually know what they are talking about.

Good to see peace, MHA. :)

[quote name='President Obama' date='15 February 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1266208412' post='2182181']
I don't know how you jumped to this line of thought as Crymson is not TOP Gov. This makes it unlikely that it is the official stance of TOP.
[/quote]
yeah my fault on that.. I read that thread but forgot all about it....
but seeing that Crymson pretty much was the public face of TOP for so long and at the start of the war, was still leading TOP, his words do carry a certain weight.

Anyway, GGA while not being the best fighters, did show that they valued their friendship over their infra and I feel that maybe we should keep the lolgga bashing to a minimum until they trip up again.

Then we could start sharpening the knives again :)

MRRABT : We must also be doing so badly that you need GGA, Echelon, TUF, MCXA, NADC and IRON to fight us :)

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1266251501' post='2183049']
All this talk of poor military performance yet we warrant DOW's from Sparta, MHA, Gremlins and FARK, we must be doing something right. :smug:

Anyhow I digress.
[/quote]
Why wouldn't we want more help? Sure we could take you guys with less alliances on our side, but why when we have allies readily available? There has been so much complaining about defensive treaties being activated from the original declaration.

[quote name='Crymson' date='15 February 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1266257365' post='2183184']
Contrary to popular belief, I was never Grandmaster for more than three terms in a row, and that three-term stretch was from October '07 through March '08. I had been out of office for six months prior to my most recent term in government.
[/quote]

Contrary to popular belief, this thread still isn't about you.

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='15 February 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1266257448' post='2183186']
Contrary to popular belief, this thread still isn't about you.
[/quote]

Thank you for reminding me. I <3 you.

Edited by Crymson

According to my specific point of view, the GGA is a worthy fighter that still needs some refinement about war guides and cash. If discipline and courage could replace their material disadvantages they would have been a fearful enemy - and I don't doubt that they have the chance to eventually become (again) a force to be reckoned.

The GGA greatly improved their war wonders equipment but they were probably still working on their gearing when this war broke out. Despite that, and full knowing that many would have mocked them instead of respecting their dedication, they boldly came to the war front when their allies were asking for help.
I think it's a sign of the GGA's renewed inner strenght that they went to the battlefront keeping their foreheads high, ready to take the hit of a much bigger and more prepared adversary (us), and accepting to be even "made fun of"; somebody did a darn good silent job in there in these last months.

The GGA fought as long as they could, and in the last days they were basically just taking blows and losing NS with no hope to be effective on the front - in fact, many in the MHA had started to see them as tech and land "farms", to be hit as second or third target to reduce the net loss and to make even easier the fight against the other enemies.
It's a pity (and in the end revealing of a discouraging lack of understanding of the situation) that some in TOP decided to comment about something "shameful" that would have happened with the GGA's exit from the conflict. I'm anyway hopeful that TOP as a whole is still able to recognize and to honour the sacrifices the GGA just made for them.

About the war in general, while I can enjoy posturing and using a high and mighty tone like the next guy, it's evident that the different situations can't be compared. I think that the MHA would have had an hard time 1 vs 1 against IRON, because they had a much higher nuke count and a definitely higher average NS; on the other hand the MHA is fighting even better than what I expected, while IRON folded quicker than I would have thought (probably they didn't completely recover from Karma?)
I think that it would be best if we all tried to respect each other and we refrained from silly arguments about who has the best military performance; that discussion is of course sterile as we all know that military wonders, warchests and availability of time to plan and/or to execute what was planned, all are much more important than any "fighting skill" one could have ("skill" that I BTW challenge any of you to define...)

[size=1][[b]Edit:[/b]clarifying; grammar.][/size]

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1266251501' post='2183049']
All this talk of poor military performance yet we warrant DOW's from Sparta, MHA, Gremlins and FARK, we must be doing something right. :smug:

Anyhow I digress.
[/quote]

Why does adequately ensuring your rapid destruction as a main actor and hub of entry in this war mean your doing anything right militarily? Really that comment comes up a lot, one truly does have nothing to do with the other.

GGA however was not one of the main actors nor a point of entry, and therefore I see nothing wrong with them seeking peace after doing their duty, congrats.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='15 February 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1266252345' post='2183069']
Scutterbug has made it a habit of bashing allies and wearing propaganda sigs that oppose them. Luckily, he is not a typical MHA member as they tend to exhibit a lot more class and more times than not actually know what they are talking about.

[/quote]

Those who truely know me, know how classy i just am. Hell ask my GGA opponent we had great fun sharing conversations. I admit i am not a typical MHA member, because im far more vocal and oppinionated than the majority. Anyway :wub: Hoo for taking your time to comment about me.

[quote name='scutterbug' date='16 February 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1266259808' post='2183239']
I admit i am not a typical MHA member, because im far more vocal and oppinionated than the majority.
[/quote]

I still love you this <_________________________________________________________________________________________> much :awesome:

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 February 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1266251501' post='2183049']

Anyhow I digress.
[/quote]

It's posts like this, that ensure me, that conflicts and quarrels like this one are made by either unfortunate events or wrong mixtures of confidence, wisdom and judgment. I could easily imagine myself seeing post like this being written by one of our current allies and cheering for him.
The fact is, that unless we're talking about elite alliances, combat-proficiency is largely coincidental with a sprinkle of tutoring. In the end, the winning side get's to be perceived as stronger, period. My most fun opponent during this war was from IRON. Some had problems with GGA opponents. Some with Echelon. Meh.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='15 February 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1266252345' post='2183069']

[/quote]

Well how d'ya like them apples(sig)? :smug: MHA members try to act classy, with better or worse effects. But we are a bunch of hoopy froods, and Scutter is as typical as we get. Thankfully, God made us in his own image, but ensured that there are so many little differences, to make it fun.

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1266256466' post='2183159']
Congrats on peace.

Why would anyone want wartime deserters back. :wacko:
[/quote]
Every case has to be judged separately, and within alliance. Needless to say - I'd hate to be one of our court officers in next weeks. Or ever actually.
That said, if one is curious of what happens to given POW, he might choose to bookmark his nation and check on it later on ;-)

Just as if one is curious how... [i]hypothetical[/i] alliance treats his allies, he might choose to compare amount of aid pumped into them while they [b]fight[/b] with the amount given to [b]rebuild[/b]. 'Nuff said.

[quote]The fact is, that unless we're talking about elite alliances, combat-proficiency is largely coincidental with a sprinkle of tutoring. In the end, the winning side get's to be perceived as stronger, period. My most fun opponent during this war was from IRON. Some had problems with GGA opponents. Some with Echelon. Me[/quote]

I like to believe my opponents from MHA had their hands full ;) Get qwency12, Lucho, blepo and inckubis in here.

If the war had continued it would have had an incredibly easy time with any opponents in my range though.

[quote name='pigsticker' date='15 February 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1266252674' post='2183080']
MRRABT : We must also be doing so badly that you need GGA, Echelon, TUF, MCXA, NADC and IRON to fight us :)
[/quote]

May want to add up NS lined up on the alliances you just mentioned and compare it to one lined up with MHA? :awesome:

Anyway, I'm glad people are seeing that GGA are good allies contrary to pre-war propaganda.

I also wish luck to MHA in general and Pudge, a freind, in particular :P.
MHA, lack of poetry has been v. dissapointing, I must say you deserve pot shots for that alone, forget rest of the stunts: :smug: If you're truly unbiased, you'd agree with me. :P

Edited by shahenshah