Ceuta Conference[/b]

[b]Seed One: Adelaide Sea Dogs[/b]
Seed Two: Arctica Lemurs
Seed Three: Riyadh Falcons
Seed Four: Texas Longhorns
Wildcard Seed Five: The Nye Guys
Wildcard Seed Six: Californian
[/center]

sigh, a terrible first year for the Diplomats, it seems that they have faded into obscurity, and the coach can only be heard to state, that they would simply have to work harder to stop being the worst team in the league next year. But in other news, it seems that the owners have been caught betting for the other team in the Diplomats. Charges will be filed, and as the team seems to not be able to get worse, we will just have to see if the team can recover, and make some revenue to pay their players or something...

OOC:...if I had to guess, if these games were simmed from a recent Madden game... I suspect that the Diplomats will be terrible for years to come if they are the team I think they are. but it's all good, there's always next year, lol.

The league will be investigating the charges of illegal gambling and possible match fixing.

[[OOC: It's a Madden 10 sim, with fantasy football stats. What team you are on doesn't matter at the moment, but it will matter once Madden 11 comes out and the tournament has been simmed three to four times. I normally really don't like doing this (spilling details) but the main reason you suck so much is that your quarterback got knocked out on week two and your backup was a rookie. The good news is that next year not only will your normal QB be back but rookies who start lots of games gain a lot of stats fast.]]

[quote name='Sargun' date='29 May 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1275131167' post='2315440']
The league will be investigating the charges of illegal gambling and possible match fixing.
[/quote]
And which team(s), may we ask, are being investigated for such charges?

[quote name='Sargun' date='29 May 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1275131167' post='2315440']

[[OOC: It's a Madden 10 sim, with fantasy football stats. What team you are on doesn't matter at the moment, but it will matter once Madden 11 comes out and the tournament has been simmed three to four times. I normally really don't like doing this (spilling details) but the main reason you suck so much is that your quarterback got knocked out on week two and your backup was a rookie. The good news is that next year not only will your normal QB be back but rookies who start lots of games gain a lot of stats fast.]]
[/quote]
O.o well, that's a good reason, but at any rate, I'm ready for next year. and I'm also curious onto who's suspected in the match fixing.

Edited by Firewater

ah... well, with that investigation blamed against the Diplomats, the government has stepped in to make sure that if these allegations are true. If they are to be true, then the government vows to immediately imprison all guilty parties, and transfer the team to government based control, with possible execution depending on the severity of the offense..

OOC:... O.o really?

Edited by Firewater

[center] [size="5"][color="#008000"]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 17[/color][/size]

[b]Gibraltar Football Conference[/b]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (14-2) [PLAYOFFS guaranteed; division winner]
Articuno Islands (11-5) <ELIMINATED>
Keville Lions (5-11) <ELIMINATED>
VT Hokies (4-12) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division II[/b]
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (13-3) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (12-4) [PLAYOFFS; wildcard]
Sarnunga Saints (12-4) [PLAYOFFS; wildcard]
Calgary Stampeders (5-11) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division III[/b]
Rebel Brutes (9-7) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
Norway (8-8) <ELIMINATED>
Mecha Paladins (6-10) <ELIMINATED>
Mathaian Daemons (3-10) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (11-5) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
El Frito Banditos (7-9) <ELIMINATED>
Drakorian Hoplites (6-10) <ELIMINATED>
Debate Land Diplomats (3-13) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Ceuta Football Conference[/b]

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (12-4) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
Californian (11-5) [PLAYOFFS; wildcard]
Communistan (9-7) [PLAYOFFS; wildcard]
GSB RedSkins (1-13) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division II[/b]
Texas Longhorns (10-6) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
The Nye Guys (8-8) <ELIMINATED>
Flying Mex (6-10) <ELIMINATED>
Polish Phantoms (5-11) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (16-0) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
Dogana Drop Bears (5-11) <ELIMINATED>
Tillery Mariners (5-11) <ELIMINATED>
NTR Wolves (4-12) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division IV[/b]
Ryadh Falcons (10-6) [PLAYOFFS; division winner]
Rhodesia Eagles (8-8) <ELIMINATED>
Roma Gladiators (7-9) <ELIMINATED>
Eatonville Lumberjacks (6-10) <ELIMINATED>
[/center]

[center][size="7"][color="#8b0000"]Playoff Brackets[/color][/size]
[size="3"][b]
Gibraltar Conference[/b][/size]

Seed One: Disparu Dratinis
Seed Two: Hansa Rainbow Warriors
Seed Three: Alvonian Colberts
Seed Four: Rebel Brutes
Wildcard Seed Five: Army
Wildcard Seed Six: Sarnunga Saints
[size="3"][b]
Ceuta Conference[/b][/size]

Seed One: Adelaide Sea Dogs
Seed Two: Arctica Lemurs
Seed Three: Riyadh Falcons
Seed Four: Texas Longhorns
Wildcard Seed Five: Californian
Wildcard Seed Six: Communistan

[/center]

[b]Alvonian Colberts vs. the Sarnunga Saints[/b]
[i]Saints favored by three points[/i]

The Alvonian Colberts and the Sarnunga Saints faced off today in the first playoff match of the Gridiron Tournament Season II. The Saints, rebranded after a disappointing 4-10 season as the Shanghai Tigers, started the game off with a drive for a field goal. After a quarter and a half of non-scoring, the Colberts returned a punt for a touchdown - but the Saints struck back and returned the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown. Up 10-7 at the half, the Saints recovered a fumble on the kickoff and put it away for a 17-7 lead. The Colberts narrowed the lead to 17-10, then 17-13, and then 17-16 on three consecutive field goal drives. However, the Saints ran out the clock in Colbert territory and assumed the victory formation.

[u]Sarnunga Saints[/u] 17 - 16 [s]Alvonian Colberts[/s]

[b]Rebel Brutes vs. Army[/b]
[i]Army favored by seven points[/i]

Both teams reprise their appearances from last year's playoffs - the Brutes after a disappointing seven points loss to FC Milan and Army after a disappointing three point loss to the Dratinis. Army flew high in the opening drives, scoring a touchdown and then intercepting the Brutes and stopping their drive cold. The Brutes, luckily surviving a missed field goal by Army, could not catch any breaks as they fumbled three times down the stretch and gave up seventeen points on turnovers. The end result was a stunning shutout.

[u]Army[/u] 24 - 0 [s]Rebel Brutes[/s]

well, all the fans grumble a bit, but still are glad that the team managed to win more games at the end of the season, but at any rate changes would be made before the next season began...

well, it's a terrible start, but next season will be better.

[b]Riyadh Falcons vs. Communistan[/b]
[i]Communistan favored by two points[/i]

The Falcons came into this game the underdog, despite a higher seeding, because of their inconsistent play over the course of the season. Communistan, not a highly rated team by any measure, took control of the game from the start with a touchdown on their first drive. The Falcons made a field goal in the first quarter but did not score during the course of it or the next two, and wound up in the fourth quarter down 24-3. The Falcons, however, went into overdrive and scored two rapid-fire touchdowns, burned their timeouts on Communistan drives and executed a perfect two-minute offense to tie the game 24-24. During overtime, the Falcons returned the kickoff for a touchdown and won the game.

[s]Communistan[/s] 24 - 30 [u]Riyadh Falcons[/u]

[b]Texas Longhorns vs. Californian[/b]
[i]Even split[/i]

The Texas Longhorns opened the game by stopping a Californian advance and then scored two touchdowns to take the lead 14-0 at the half. Californian had two touchdowns taken away by ineligible receiver penalties, and Texas recovered from a slump in the third quarter to take a 17-0 lead. Californian refused to give up but ended up missing a field goal. They eventually scored late in the fourth quarter and converted a two-point conversation to make it 17-8, and then converted a long, long field-goal to narrow the score. Time simply ran out on Californian and Texas assumed the victory formation with a strange win over Californian.

[s]Californian[/s] 11 - 17 [u]Texas Longhorns[/u]