Gridiron Tournament Season II Progress

Sargun II

The Diplomats fanbase was heartened by their first victory, and while the playoffs were not out of reach just yet, it seemed that they were still wary about the chants for victory to ensure things would continue...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][size="5"][color="#2e8b57"][i][b]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 7[/b][/i][/color][/size]
[i][b] [/b][/i]
[i][b] Gibraltar Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (6-1)
Articuno Islands (5-2)
VT Hokies (3-4)
Keville Lions (2-5)

[b]Division II[/b]
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (6-1)
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (6-1)
Sarnunga Saints (5-2)
Calgary Stampeders (4-3)

[b]Division III[/b]
Norway (4-3)
Mecha Paladins (3-4)
Rebel Brutes (3-4)
Mathaian Daemons (1-6)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (6-1)
El Frito Banditos (3-4)
Drakorian Hoplites (3-4)
Debate Land Diplomats (1-6)

[i][b]Ceuta Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (5-2)
Californian (3-4)
Communistan (3-4)
GSB RedSkins (1-6)

[b]Division II[/b]
Flying Mex (6-1)
Texas Longhorns (5-2)
The Nye Guys (3-4)
Polish Phantoms (2-5)

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (7-0)
NTR Wolves (3-4)
Dogana Drop Bears (1-6)
Tillery Mariners (1-6)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Rhodesia Eagles (4-3)
Ryadh Falcons (4-3)
Eatonville Lumberjacks (3-4)
Roma Gladiators (2-5)
[/center]

Edited by Sargun

it was like a collective jaw dropped across the nation. Last season the Sea Dogs struggled to break even on number of weins to losses...this season they can't seem to lose. An amazing turnaround, especially considering the chaos the move from Melbourne had to have been between the seasons.

[You probably should understand that I was able to update rosters, so there might have been radical changes. In addition, free agency and a draft makes it so that the lower teams will usually cut their weakest and pay big money. You, being a middle of the line team, probably got a good draft pick and some nice trades. From what I've seen, though, the real difference is in your passing game. You already have more yards passing now than you did all last season. Keep it up.]

[See above. It should be noted that teams tend to do stupid things like trade away superstars very quickly in the first year. A quick look at your roster shows that four of your six draft picks have 80+ stats, meaning you had the best draft overall and they're all starters. Unless your team manages to trade them all away, you'll probably be a hit for a long time.]

[quote name='Sargun' date='14 March 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1268605379' post='2225704']
[You probably should understand that I was able to update rosters, so there might have been radical changes. In addition, free agency and a draft makes it so that the lower teams will usually cut their weakest and pay big money. You, being a middle of the line team, probably got a good draft pick and some nice trades. From what I've seen, though, the real difference is in your passing game. You already have more yards passing now than you did all last season. Keep it up.]
[/quote]
[Ah, I see. So I basically got lucky, eh? :D Well, I'm certainly not complaining. :)]

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 March 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1268497262' post='2224351']
"Don't count your Mexicans before they are laid!"
[/quote]

"Everyone knows Mexicans don't get laid," shouts an inebriated Lemurs fan. The majority of Lemurs fans seem to be quite smug about their team's 5-2 record this season.

Edited by Vedran

[quote name='Vedran' date='19 March 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1268988717' post='2230135']
"Everyone knows Mexicans don't get laid," shouts an inebriated Lemurs fan. The majority of Lemurs fans seem to be quite smug about their team's 5-2 record this season.
[/quote]
An inebriated Flying Mex fan heard the Lemurs fan, and knowing that what he said was true, proceeded to jump him after the game, and with the help of his homies, stabbed him repeatedly. Apparently the Mex are [i]more[/i] happy, because they are 6-1.

Edited by Biohazard

Says a radio talk show host, "The pressure is on the Transvaal Cup to uphold their sport's reputation for riots. A stabbing occurred during the Gridiron Tournament today while no incidents of hooliganism have been reported at Cup games."

• 1 month later...

[center][size="5"][color="#2e8b57"][i][b]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 10[/b][/i][/color][/size]
[i][b] [/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (9-1)
Articuno Islands (6-4)
VT Hokies (3-7)
Keville Lions (2-8)

[b]Division II[/b]
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (9-1)
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (8-2)
Sarnunga Saints (7-3)
Calgary Stampeders (5-5)

[b]Division III[/b]
Mecha Paladins (5-5)
Norway (5-5)
Rebel Brutes (3-7)
Mathaian Daemons (2-8)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (7-3)
El Frito Banditos (4-6)
Drakorian Hoplites (4-6)
Debate Land Diplomats (1-9)

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (7-3)
Californian (6-4)
Communistan (6-4)
GSB RedSkins (2-8)

[b]Division II[/b]
Texas Longhorns (7-3)
The Nye Guys (6-4)
Flying Mex (5-5)
Polish Phantoms (3-7)

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (10-0)
NTR Wolves (3-7)
Dogana Drop Bears (3-7)
Tillery Mariners (2-8)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Ryadh Falcons (6-4)
Rhodesia Eagles (5-5)
Eatonville Lumberjacks (5-5)
Roma Gladiators (3-7) [/center]

[quote name='KingChris' date='17 May 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1274137932' post='2301608']
All around Texas, fans cheered as they made the playoffs for the first time. The question now was: would Texas get a BYE in the first week of playoffs?
[/quote]

Texas is not quite in the playoffs yet - there are still six more weeks to perform.

OOC: Bye weeks don't exist, so only 16 weeks

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 May 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1274138063' post='2301610']
Texas is not quite in the playoffs yet - there are still six more weeks to perform.

OOC: Bye weeks don't exist, so only 16 weeks
[/quote]
"Oh? But 7 + 3 = 16! That's what Daddy Vainqueur told us!" - Internet blogger hours before getting shot

OOC: I was talking about the BYE week that the top two seeded teams get in the playoffs.

[quote name='hawk_11' date='17 May 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1274151701' post='2301839']
The RABN's newly-established sports network, the Rebel Army Sports Network, would like to negotiate a deal to broadcast international games within its market.
[/quote]
International games are not broadcast due to a lack of offers - all games are simply played locally and we do not discourage piracy of the games to international markets. If RABN wishes to make the first offer, they should.

[quote name='KingChris' date='17 May 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1274151815' post='2301841']
"Oh? But 7 + 3 = 16! That's what Daddy Vainqueur told us!" - Internet blogger hours before getting shot

OOC: I was talking about the BYE week that the top two seeded teams get in the playoffs.
[/quote]
OOC: I was referring more to how there are only 16 weeks instead of 17 like in a normal NFL season. :)

[center][size="5"][color="#2e8b57"][i][b]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 12
[/b][/i][/color][/size][/center][center][i][b] [/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (10-1)
Articuno Islands (7-4)
VT Hokies (4-7)
Keville Lions (3-8)

[b]Division II[/b]
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (10-1)
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (9-2)
Sarnunga Saints (7-4)
Calgary Stampeders (5-6)

[b]Division III[/b]
Norway (6-5)
Mecha Paladins (5-6)
Rebel Brutes (4-7)
Mathaian Daemons (2-9)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (7-4)
El Frito Banditos (5-6)
Drakorian Hoplites (4-7)
Debate Land Diplomats (1-10)

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (8-3)
Californian (7-4)
Communistan (6-5)
GSB RedSkins (2-9)

[b]Division II[/b]
Texas Longhorns (8-3)
The Nye Guys (7-4)
Flying Mex (5-6)
Polish Phantoms (3-8)

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (11-0) [playoffs]
NTR Wolves (3-8)
Dogana Drop Bears (3-8)
Tillery Mariners (3-8)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Ryadh Falcons (7-4)
Rhodesia Eagles (6-5)
Eatonville Lumberjacks (5-6)
Roma Gladiators (3-8) [/center]

With the eleventh straight win, the Sea Dogs have been assured of a slot in the playoffs. "This does not, however," the coach stated after the game, "give them any excuse to slackoff for the remaining seasonal games. They will be training hard, and playing hard right to the end."

OOC: Heh, if I ever get something wrong, feel free to correct me.

[quote name='Minilla Island' date='21 May 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1274494372' post='2307536']
Can we have results?
[/quote]

Like SMH's tournament, the entire season is simmed at once. All I do is look at the records instead of each individual game because of the amount of teams and games played per week. Sorry, Minilla.

And because my Week 13 didn't go through (I put all the stuff in notepad and then copy/paste), I'll be doing both 13 and 14 today.

[center] [size="5"][color="#2e8b57"]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 14[/color][/size]

[b]Gibraltar Football Conference[/b]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (11-2) [PLAYOFFS guaranteed; must finish with higher record to clinch division]
Articuno Islands (9-4) [must win all three games and have dratinis lose their three to clinch division; but if win last two or three games may clinch wildcard]
Keville Lions (4-9) <ELIMINATED>
VT Hokies (4-9) <ELIMINATED>
[b]
Division II[/b]
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (11-2) [PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED; must finish with higher record to clinch division]
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (11-2) [PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED; must finish with higher record to clinch division]
Sarnunga Saints (9-4) [still in contention for wildcard; cannot win division but if win last two or three games may clinch wildcard]
Calgary Stampeders (5-8) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division III[/b]
Rebel Brutes (6-7) [must have highest record to finish division; otherwise, must win all three games]
Norway (6-7) [must have highest record to finish division; otherwise, must win all three games]
Mecha Paladins (5-8) [must have highest record to win division; otherwise eliminated]
Mathaian Daemons (3-10) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (9-4) [PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED; division winner]
El Frito Banditos (6-7) [must win all three games to contend for playoffs]
Drakorian Hoplites (5-8) <ELIMINATED>
Debate Land Diplomats (1-12) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Ceuta Football Conference[/b]

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (10-3) [one win to clinch division]
Californian (8-5) [arctica must lose three times and californian win three times to clinch division; wildcard spot up for grabs]
Communistan (7-6) [must win all three games to stay in the running for a wildcard spot]
GSB RedSkins (2-11) <ELIMINATED>
[b]
Division II[/b]
Texas Longhorns (8-5) [must finish with better record to clinch division; wild card up for grabs]
The Nye Guys (8-5) [must finish with better record to clinch division; wild card up for grabs]
Flying Mex (5-8) <ELIMINATED>
Polish Phantoms (4-9) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (13-0) [PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED; division winner]
NTR Wolves (4-9) <ELIMINATED>
Dogana Drop Bears (4-9) <ELIMINATED>
Tillery Mariners (3-10) <ELIMINATED>

[b]Division IV[/b]
Ryadh Falcons (9-4) [PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED; division winner]
Rhodesia Eagles (6-7) [must win all three games to stay in the running for a wild card spot]
Roma Gladiators (5-8) <ELIMINATED>
Eatonville Lumberjacks (5-8) <ELIMINATED> [/center]