Just waiting for a DoW?

I can not help but to wonder why some of you can't understand the simple logic of strategy.. Its this simple really, we were ready to make a move days before LoSS or RIA even DoWed, the simple fact of the matter is our allies used strategy and activated our oA's when they thought the time was right to apply a little extra pressure to the situation in hope that maybe, just maybe it would speed things up a bit.. But I mean hey if you don't get simple strategy then you should most likely update your war guides because your leaving out a large factor of warfare.

Forgive me for being so undiplomatic but I also can't help but to lol at the fact Poobah felt the need to get this thread active again after it laid dormant for two days and was all the way on the second page of Alliance Announcements, good show on you Poobah for feeling the need to continue ranting on.

Edited by The Chosen One

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Chosen One' date='17 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266428827' post='2187705']
I can not help but to wonder why some of you can't understand the simple logic of strategy.. Its this simple really, we were ready to make a move days before LoSS or RIA even DoWed, the simple fact of the matter is our allies used strategy and activated our oA's when they thought the time was right to apply a little extra pressure to the situation in hope that maybe, just maybe it would speed things up a bit.. But I mean hey if you don't get simple strategy then you should most likely update your war guides because your leaving out a large factor of warfare.

Forgive me for being so undiplomatic but I also can't help but to lol at the fact Poobah felt the need to get this thread active again after it laid dormant for two days and was all the way on the second page of Alliance Announcements, good show on you Poobah for feeling the need to continue ranting on.
[/quote]

Can't speak for anyone else, but I was just responding to Mathias' statement, and Poobah was replying to that.

It's classic, no matter what the action is, when "you guys" do it, it's strategery, but when "we" do it, it's cowardice!

The situation is basically identical, except for in Mathias' example, the alliances actually had non-optional clauses in their treaties. I don't begrudge LOUD going to war with their allies, and I don't think anyone else aside from the trolls do either. Anyway, good luck, etc. Whatever. :)

Also, hello Tippmann. :lol1:

[quote name='The Chosen One' date='17 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266428827' post='2187705']

[/quote]

My bad for being out of town for those two days. And I understand strategy, it's just that the hypocrisy that when people used strategy with the TPF war around the holidays, they were cowards and horrible allies, but when you use it it's some great idea. I'm using the same rhetoric that alliances like IRON endured a few months ago from people on your side.

[quote name='Poobah' date='17 February 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1266422469' post='2187588']
Really? I need to hear your faulty logic on this one.
[/quote]
They weren't asked to go in, like mhawk's post during the TPF war asked for the support of his allies iirc.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='17 February 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1266430595' post='2187721']
Can't speak for anyone else, but I was just responding to Mathias' statement, and Poobah was replying to that.

It's classic, no matter what the action is, when "you guys" do it, it's strategery, but when "we" do it, it's cowardice!

The situation is basically identical, except for in Mathias' example, the alliances actually had non-optional clauses in their treaties. I don't begrudge LOUD going to war with their allies, and I don't think anyone else aside from the trolls do either. Anyway, good luck, etc. Whatever. :)

[/quote]

I think its safe to say LOUD has not called anyone in this matter a coward, nor before. And thanks Tela its good to hear you don't begrudge us for going to war for our allies, and thanks for the good luck too. :D It's good to hear from you. Goodluck to you too.

[quote name='Poobah' date='17 February 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1266430677' post='2187724']
My bad for being out of town for those two days. And I understand strategy, it's just that the hypocrisy that when people used strategy with the TPF war around the holidays, they were cowards and horrible allies, but when you use it it's some great idea. I'm using the same rhetoric that alliances like IRON endured a few months ago from people on your side.
[/quote]

My bad I mistook you for someone who might like to dig things back up for fun, I didn't take into consideration you might have been gone or dealing with RL issues. RL > CN (for most.) But what I do see here is the fact your holding something against us that happened in the past to a completely different alliance, in a completely different war against us. I think you'll find if you go back and read through the topics that no one from LOUD ever called anyone a coward in them, nor have we here. So please next time before you get off trying smear our name, call us hypocrites, cowards, or what ever else comes to your mind, then please at least take the time to stop and think that we was never, nor will we ever be one of those alliances to spout out that "alliance a" is this because they didn't do this right that second. Although I will tell you whether or not you believe it or not that we actually did have things planned out, and it was not just because we was afraid of the "big guys", because trust me, we might be small but we fear no alliance when our friends are in danger, because we value and honor our friends, and when we sign a treaty with a alliance you had better bet we'll be there for them, even if means we'll lose every last one of our pixels.

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='Poobah' date='17 February 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1266422469' post='2187588']
Really? I need to hear your faulty logic on this one.
[/quote]

On one side, LOUD decided to wait until they were needed by their allies to enter and do the best they could.

On the other side, TPF's allies decided to wait until nearly all of their members were in peacemode before entering and doing absolutely nothing.

That isn't faulty logic.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='17 February 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1266430595' post='2187721']

[/quote]

Because when "we" do it, there's communication between allies and LOUD was asked not to declare in defense because that didn't fit with the strategy.

When "you guys" did it, TPF was under attack and asked for assistance. "Your" response was, "sorry, LM is busy so we can't help you." I also don't seem to recall TPF declaring any offensive wars, or having higher priority targets in a coalition war effort. You only have a coalition when your allies actually come to your defense. ;)

The former is strategy, the latter is cowardice. It's not an ad hominem attack or a baseless accusation, it's an objective view of the facts.

And Argent still smells.

[quote name='Mathias' date='17 February 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1266436714' post='2187842']
Because when "we" do it, there's communication between allies and LOUD was asked not to declare in defense because that didn't fit with the strategy.

When "you guys" did it, TPF was under attack and asked for assistance. "Your" response was, "sorry, LM is busy so we can't help you."

[/quote]
TPF said in private that people should/could wait "for the greater good".

Just a reminder for those that forgot when mhawk and others all said it at the time and in the inevitable multitude of threads following the tech rai...war with TPF.

[quote name='janax' date='17 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1266437226' post='2187857']
TPF said in private that people should/could wait "for the greater good".

Just a reminder for those that forgot when mhawk and others all said it at the time and in the inevitable multitude of threads following the tech rai...war with TPF.
[/quote]

That tech rai...war was awesome, I made an extra 50 tech that week! But seeing the damage Top and Iron are currently taking everyday. No wonder they had to wait for LM to strategery for them.