Just waiting for a DoW?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

LOUD sat back and was waiting to be called upon by her allies in need of help. That never came and since it didn't LOUD wanted to make sure that they still helped by declaring on TOOL through *two* treaties. If you have a problem with that then you need to get yourself straight before you start bashing on LOUD. If you think something was unnecessary then take it to query to be shown where you are wrong on something instead of humiliating yourself in this tread.

That is all.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 February 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1266130361' post='2180514']
Recipient of NOVA's official diplomacy medal...I'm not sure if that's ironic or merely a sign that their standards could be higher.... <_<

No one particularly is concerned at all about your support for your allies. Some of us did find it odd your tanks took so long to find the front. If that observation offends you, I suggest polishing up your official diplomacy medal and biting your tongue if you don't care to explain your alliance's actions further in a civil manner.
[/quote]

Explanation for actions:

Option 1: We were waiting for the meat to be a little more tenderized before it got tossed on the grill.

Option 2: Through all the smoke, we were having a hard time finding our way in.

Option 3: We needed time to get anti-radiation suits to the front. When you're marching into glowing ground, you can't be too safe.

Fact: DoW was not posted by TheChosenOne to sit here and explain why. It was done to inform the world of what we were doing. Why LOUD does what they do, is a matter of LOUD's business really. The fact is that LOUD did show up. And given the response time of some alliances on the other side, I'd say we showed up with blazing speed. As far as the options above... the truth could be any combination of the 3 really.

Disclaimer: Some of the information in the above may or may not be true. This information is presented for entertainment purposes only, and is not an official statement from the League of United Defense. I was never here.

[quote name='Town Drunk' date='14 February 2010 - 07:33 AM' timestamp='1266132836' post='2180558']

Disclaimer: Some of the information in the above may or may not be true. This information is presented for entertainment purposes only, and is not an official statement from the League of United Defense. I was never here.
[/quote]

Liar you stole my martini, I have pictures

[quote name='Moufassa' date='14 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1266131569' post='2180547']
Okay.

LOUD sat back and was waiting to be called upon by her allies in need of help. That never came and since it didn't LOUD wanted to make sure that they still helped by declaring on TOOL through *two* treaties. If you have a problem with that then you need to get yourself straight before you start bashing on LOUD. If you think something was unnecessary then take it to query to be shown where you are wrong on something instead of humiliating yourself in this tread.

That is all.
[/quote]

Moufassa is awesome. Also, this can be applied across the board to many alliances. Who cares if they come in 'late'. They are here, doing their bit. People need to learn that having everyone jumping in at once is a horrible idea.

That said, have fun LOUD.

o/ TOOL

Edited by President S O

[quote name='Town Drunk' date='14 February 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1266127807' post='2180409']
Great show LOUD.

Message to TOOL: May admin have mercy on you, for we shall not.
[/quote]

Mercy? Who needs mercy? We have nukes and can have a good time on the battlefield. Welcome to the field! Here's to a good fight.

[quote name='Moufassa' date='14 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1266131569' post='2180547']
Okay.

That is all.
[/quote]
Declaring on an alliance with oA when your allies don't need help is generally seen as bandwagoning. Since it was requested though, I thought that TOOL was doing some epic damage.

It was answered with this though:
[quote]
Not really, we just wanted our friends to join in on the fun.[/quote]
Aren't friends supposed to keep friends OUT of war? Or have I got this all wrong...

[quote name='Poobah' date='14 February 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1266128424' post='2180435']
I've heard about how TOOL has some bad military, and yet another alliance is needed in order to stop them.
[/quote]

thnx for the extra prey LOUD - let's have some fun ^_^

edit: wait a minute...V_V

Edited by dragonknight1000

[quote name='CptGodzilla' date='14 February 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1266131513' post='2180544']
Not really, we just wanted our friends to join in on the fun.
[/quote]

By this, you mean that your allies are missing out on the tech raid and you guys are making room for them on the bandwagon?

You came in on day 7 of the war, when TOOL is already vastly outnumbered, and when most of the nations that matter are not only hurting pretty badly, they're either in nuclear anarchy or peace mode, meaning that they cannot declare back on you so you have your pick of which nation you want a glorified tech raid on, not even activating the defensive part of your treaty to declare on an alliance like my own, instead using the optional clause. Those are the facts, and that is why you are a horrible alliance.

And if you don't like what I say, I don't give a $%&@.

You have only 12 nations in my range, all of them with lower NS, 4 of them in peace mode, and only 3 of the others nuclear. I look forward to annihilating you.

Also, See Poobs' statement. You could've hit Argent and not seemed like you were bandwagoning. Now it just looks like you want free tech.

We were requested by our allies to attack TOOL is the reason why we declared on them.I would prefer attacking Argent, I even suggested it, but it wasn't my decision and even then Argent is engaged with 3 alliances so the accusations would remain the same. Considering LOUD declared on UPN during the Karma war to defend RnR when it was only us and RnR, it hardly characterizes LOUD as bandwagoners.

To be honest despite what some of say, you seem to know truly know nothing about LOUD, if you did saying we are "bandwagoning" would not even cross your mind, but what would cross your mind is the simple fact we have allies whom asked for support, and we simply answered the call. Now tell me since when did helping allies and following treaties become "bandwagoning?" And if answering our allies call for support is "bandwagoning" then I suppose you can call us guilty. We're just to support our honorable friends.

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='The Chosen One' date='14 February 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1266180765' post='2181193']
To be honest despite what some of say, you seem to know truly know nothing about LOUD, if you did saying we are "bandwagoning" would not even cross your mind, but what would cross your mind is the simple fact we have allies whom asked for support, and we simply answered the call. Now tell me since when did helping allies and following treaties become "bandwagoning?" And if answering our allies call for support is "bandwagoning" then I suppose you can call us guilty. We're just to support our honorable friends.
[/quote]

Because you entered seven days late on the winning side of a war using the optional aggression part of your treaty. In other words, you entered into an aggressive war against an alliance that is at war with what, 4 alliances other alliances?

[quote name='Poobah' date='14 February 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1266181419' post='2181214']
Because you entered seven days late on the winning side of a war using the optional aggression part of your treaty. In other words, you entered into an aggressive war against an alliance that is at war with what, 4 alliances other alliances?
[/quote]

The simple fact you seem to keep missing is we came in when we were asked, not just because we thought jumping in right now would score us more war spoils.

Edited by The Chosen One

[quote name='R3nowned' date='14 February 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1266130939' post='2180529']
Really? TOOL must be doing some epic damage

o/ TOOL
[/quote]

Or maybe people are sick of this war, and the quickest way to bring it to an end or at least make it worth the destruction of pixels is by destroying even more on the other side.

As long as TOOL wants to play, they can't be picky about who else joins in on the fun.

o/ LOUD

I'm still voting for the Confused war, most of us fighting are only here because of the tangled web of treaties. Argent entered for TOOL, TOOL entered for IRON. LOUD entered for RIA etc etc etc.

From my small knowledge the start of the war already ended and now we are all just loosing NUKEs because we have them and nobody is willing to end the war.

I do not begrudge LOUD for being the sixth to declare on TOOL.

So lets just remember its a game and all yous bases are mine :)

[quote name='OVERLORD Ikaru' date='14 February 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1266179705' post='2181159']
You have only 12 nations in my range, all of them with lower NS, 4 of them in peace mode, and only 3 of the others nuclear. I look forward to annihilating you.

Also, See Poobs' statement. You could've hit Argent and not seemed like you were bandwagoning. Now it just looks like you want free tech.
[/quote]

I see 2 problems with this statement. One... only one nuke can hit you a day (I would think that your alliance would have told you that). This means that one nuclear nation and 2 non-nuclear nations can declare on you and do the same damage as 3 nuclear nations.

The other problem I have here... did somebody from TOOL just openly say "Hitting us = free tech"? I suggest for future reference that you have your government review any posts you're thinking about writing before you post them, cause you just made your alliance look real bad.