Vanguard Edict

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='13 February 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1266050045' post='2178987']
And you could have not used an optional aggression clause to hit an alliance less than half your size. But hey, let's not nitpick.
[/quote]

Wait, you expected TFD and NATO not to roll together? That. Is. Hilarious.

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='13 February 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1266051100' post='2179004']
I'm glad someone could recognize my puppetry at work. :D

Also, goodbye TFD.
[/quote]

Well, I see one person who I swear quit and another who I was pretty damn sure was going to quit. If your puppetry caused them to rise from the dead, then good work.

[quote name='GearHead' date='13 February 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1266052268' post='2179017']
Wait, you expected TFD and NATO not to roll together? That. Is. Hilarious.
[/quote]
Right. With all of NATO's allies being [i]attacked[/i] and in need of [i]defense[/i], they decided to come in on an oA a week late on the weakest alliance of the seven TOP/IRON/TORN/DAWN/TSO declared on. And you decided to join them despite your other allies being [i]attacked[/i] and in need of [i]defense[/i].

Don't pretty it up, you two were just looking for the least painful way to enter the war.

[quote name='Smacky' date='13 February 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1266053617' post='2179030']
Right. With all of NATO's allies being [i]attacked[/i] and in need of [i]defense[/i], they decided to come in on an oA a week late on the weakest alliance of the seven TOP/IRON/TORN/DAWN/TSO declared on. And you decided to join them despite your other allies being [i]attacked[/i] and in need of [i]defense[/i].

Don't pretty it up, you two were just looking for the least painful way to enter the war.
[/quote]

Hey, we went in with NATO. Coming in the next day or a week late wasn't our decision to make. And none of our other allies were in the war or asking for help either. In fact, our allies all joined on the same night or after we did.

We also committed ourselves to NATO before we even knew who we were attacking, because we knew that being tied to IRON was going to bring the fight right to their doorstep, and we wanted to be in the same boat as them.

Edit: Just caught another aspect of your post. I don't think it was NATO's full decision when to come in either. If you didn't notice, TOP/IRON/etc. had a bunch of alliances come in all at one night. I am pretty sure that was part of a plan of somekind.

Edited by GearHead

In TFD's defense, they also declared on WAPA. Not that I approve of THAT attack either, but that's not slim pickings or an expected easy target.

In C&G's defense, this isn't exactly an easy war for anyone to plan. There are a lot of alliances to hit and counter, many have allies on both sides, and the treaties only go so many ways. I'm sure FoB will receive a lot of rebuilding aid.

And on that note, it's pretty sad to see two more of NV's allies fighting each other. :(

[quote name='Nelchael' date='13 February 2010 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1266056642' post='2179063']
In TFD's defense, they also declared on WAPA. Not that I approve of THAT attack either, but that's not slim pickings or an expected easy target.

And on that note, it's pretty sad to see two more of NV's allies fighting each other. :(
[/quote]

I think NV has more treaty conflicts in this war than mostly anybody I know. With that said, I can only applaud NV for being so impartial with all of them. :wub:

[quote name='GearHead' date='13 February 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1266057283' post='2179070']
I think NV has more treaty conflicts in this war than mostly anybody I know. With that said, I can only applaud NV for being so impartial with all of them. :wub:
[/quote]
You calling us treaty whores?

I kid, I kid, just being tied to NpO gives us treaty conflicts on all sides of this war. <_<

[quote name='Nelchael' date='13 February 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1266057547' post='2179071']
You calling us treaty whores?

I kid, I kid, just being tied to NpO gives us treaty conflicts on all sides of this war. <_<
[/quote]

No. <_< CCC have treaty conflicts being tied to NpO, GR, and TFD, and those are their only 3 MDPs. ;) (But this doesn't mean I don't respect what they've chosen to do).

And being tied to NpO doesn't count, completely. :P

[quote name='Nelchael' date='13 February 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1266056642' post='2179063']

[/quote]
To be honest,they didn't turn out to exactly be a difficult target... (although kudos to them for sticking it out, they mostly been decent guys apart from 1 or 2 so far)

anyway good luck on the battlefield :)

Edited by King Phil II

[quote name='GearHead' date='13 February 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1266057283' post='2179070']
[/quote]

The last two weeks must not have been easy for NV :(

I wish you the best TFD, I know you'll enjoy this fight!

This whole war has been people entering without obligations from start to finish, it's hypocritical to complain when alliances on the other side do it. I'm sure TFD expected this so that's hardly a weak move. I have no particular feelings for either of these two alliances so have fun on the front!

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='13 February 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1266090740' post='2179570']
So you mean we aren't supposed to switch our AA's to TFD PoW at update tonight?
[/quote]

Well, I've been doing that every night of the war to provide support to those nations in FoB who don't have as strong fortitude

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='13 February 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1266089562' post='2179542']
I'm sure TFD erroneously believed they could strike FoB as a weakpoint and hope to begin a cascade of surrenders. Happily for C&G, they don't know !@#$ about FoB.
[/quote]

I'm sure C&G erroneously believed they could whine non-stop about alliances larger than their targets declaring war, and actually have people listen to them, considering that they only hold about a 120 million NS advantage. Happily for C&G, they have plenty of tissues.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='13 February 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1266091554' post='2179587']
I'm sure C&G erroneously believed they could whine non-stop about alliances larger than their targets declaring war, and actually have people listen to them, considering that they only hold about a 120 million NS advantage. Happily for C&G, they have plenty of tissues.
[/quote]

lol it sounds like you're the one whining here.

Go get em Vanguard!

o/ Pit Vipers!

[quote name='porksaber' date='13 February 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1266094293' post='2179663']
lol it sounds like you're the one whining here.

Go get em Vanguard!

o/ Pit Vipers!
[/quote]
Just from this thread alone:

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='13 February 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1266050045' post='2178987']
And you could have not used an optional aggression clause to hit an alliance less than half your size. But hey, let's not nitpick.
[/quote]
[quote name='Smacky' date='13 February 2010 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1266053617' post='2179030']

[/quote]
[quote name='TheNeverender' date='13 February 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1266089562' post='2179542']
I'm sure TFD erroneously believed they could strike FoB as a weakpoint and hope to begin a cascade of surrenders. Happily for C&G, they don't know !@#$ about FoB.
[/quote]

Also, for the record, this war in general? It's stupid from any angle you look at it, starting with the \m/ & Polar war, and continuing through all the crazy chains and trolling. I think most of us really don't care about the war, or whatever the cause(s) were originally. We've all been had by the treaty web, and it's going to take some major compromises from the big boys (TOP,IRON,C&G) before we can go back to sniping each other on these boards rather than on the battlefield.

I only responded to Archon because I feel like commenting on the strength of any given front versus their opposition is just silly. Nobody is coming out of this war a winner, no matter what the eventual peace agreements state.