MASH and QUANTUM accept White Peace

gambona

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 February 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1265953631' post='2176943']
Will you ever shut up?

Jesus christ. The only clause restricting MASH/Quantum is the fact they can't reenter the war. Calm down.
[/quote]

What's your problem, champ? You sound grouchy. I don't have a problem with the surrender here. I was simply pointing out that people keep using the term "White peace" without actually knowing what it means.

White peace is not defined as an absence of monetary reparations. White peace is just that - peace. No strings attached. While it's certainly nice to see some periphery alliances that wanted out, get out cleanly, the lack of reparations does not make it white peace.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='12 February 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1265953690' post='2176952']
I agree with Tela that it isn't a white peace. It's a white surrender.
[/quote]

[quote]i need more tech, stronger targets please

Maybe we can fight someone a bit more challenging now :) [/quote]

To this post and the others of a similar ilk. This is why we hate you. Kthxbai.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='x Tela x' date='12 February 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1265971557' post='2177391']
What's your problem, champ? You sound grouchy. I don't have a problem with the surrender here. I was simply pointing out that people keep using the term "White peace" without actually knowing what it means.

White peace is not defined as an absence of monetary reparations. White peace is just that - peace. No strings attached. While it's certainly nice to see some periphery alliances that wanted out, get out cleanly, the lack of reparations does not make it white peace.
[/quote]

How about we coin it Grey peace then? White but slighly murky. Just like my underwear.

I've heard respectable things about Quantum's fighters coming out of this. Well done to those guys, and well done on getting out sensibly.

[quote name='auto98' date='12 February 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1265971247' post='2177385']
This is not white peace.

Not sure why this can't be understood, but if you impose terms, it is not white peace...
[/quote]
[quote name='x Tela x' date='12 February 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1265971557' post='2177391']

[/quote]
Can't you guys just leave poor MASH and Quantum alone? They've stood up for their friends and taken a beating for it, the last thing they need is for their supposed allies to be picking holes in the language that they've used to announce this agreement. Shame on you all.

My hat comes off to Dran129 for making the last few days interesting.

Edited by Kowalski

I don't think it is a matter of anyone "picking" on a specific alliance so much as it is a general misunderstanding of what it means to establish a white peace.

If you surrender and get peace, you surrendered. That is not white peace.

If you get peace and accept terms, you surrendered. That is not white peace.

If both sides simply stop fighting and peace is established mutually without terms imposed on either side then it is white peace.

It is just a matter of confusing the specifics and makes it difficult for those parties seeking actual white peace because the masses are easily confused and will think this erroneous example is correct.

Aside from that, congratulations on your peace.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Mr. Moldavi is right. This isn't about Quantum or MASH specifically. This is about the misuse of the concept that is 'White Peace'. As Ivan explained, a white peace only is white peace if there are no terms involved and if neither of the alliances in question surrenders to the other.

I have introduced the new concept of 'White Surrender'. Which is the hybrid form of a ' White Peace' and a 'Surrender'. More specifically it is a concept that should be used for these kinds of surrenders. A surrender w/o any reparations or harsh terms.

Carry on.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='12 February 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1265986900' post='2177583']
I don't think it is a matter of anyone "picking" on a specific alliance so much as it is a general misunderstanding of what it means to establish a white peace.

If you surrender and get peace, you surrendered. That is not white peace.

If you get peace and accept terms, you surrendered. That is not white peace.

If both sides simply stop fighting and peace is established mutually without terms imposed on either side then it is white peace.

It is just a matter of confusing the specifics and makes it difficult for those parties seeking actual white peace because the masses are easily confused and will think this erroneous example is correct.

Aside from that, congratulations on your peace.
[/quote]

I don't understand why a distinction even needs to be created. A there is nothing wrong with defeated alliance acquiescing, and kindly being allowed to take up their things and just simply going home. The third and apparently new found definition of "white peace" seems....I don't know....embarrassingly prideful.

Either way, congratulations to all involved on achieving mother of pearl peace.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='12 February 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1265962292' post='2177290']
Maybe we can fight someone a bit more challenging now :)
[/quote]

[quote name='lunar146' date='12 February 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1265962439' post='2177292']
i need more tech, stronger targets please
[/quote]

Classy. No. Really.